PDA

View Full Version : why?

darrell43031
09-11-2003, 06:49 PM
why do so many people have problems with the 450r? all i've seen on here for the past 5 months is every body complaining that honda has to come out with a new quad. so they did and not 10 minutes later everybody is bashing it. why? they did what you wanted you have a new sports quad so why bash it? your gonna mod it how every you want anyway so why complain!! i have no problem with the quad from what i've seen. i don't mean to sound like an arse but man why bash it before you even ridin it. thats just my 2 cents take it for what it's worth. but if you can build a better quad then do it.

KASCHAK
09-11-2003, 06:57 PM
great minds think alike. i agree with everything you say!

and how is it that the yami has more power it has less cc smaller carb.. the only thing it has is more compression and more valves and a dohc. just put a different gasket from the crf450r on it and it will bump up the compression. then it will kill the yami

AtvMxRider
09-11-2003, 07:11 PM
If you want to know the truth it's been out less than 24hrs and I'm already sick of hearing about it:ermm: . I mean you come on here and 95% of the post are about it.

Foxrage
09-11-2003, 07:30 PM
I have to agree there have been a few lucky people to ride this thing. I personally think it will be a great quad honda knows what they are doing. They didnt put it out there to impress everyone like cannondale. They put something out that they knew would last a lifetime like the 250r. The way it sounds to me nuthing will go wrong with it. Honda has had slim to none recalls on any of there atvs. ive heard of alot of other brands with recalls. They did everything right with this quad. They gave us a new 400 with more power and better shocks thats all me ever ask for in our 400s anyway...so if your a diehard 400 fan this is what you always wanted...reverse and electric start is for lazy asses that dont want to ride....if you want electric start and reverse go buy a damn utility.....this is a racing atv...thats they way they all should be.

Darrell.....I got a potato gun today and its bad ***....O and if we dont go to x fest a few of us r going to corys to paintball...L8er

darrell43031
09-11-2003, 07:30 PM
i know every bodies talking about it and 95% of it is negative i thought this was a pro honda site? in my opinion the new honda will smoke everything it may take a few mods but it'll do it!! i mean look at the r over 10 years old and it still dominates! i'm just tired of everybody whinning it's not what they wanted or expected. boo hoo:( just wait till we get ride reviews then judge! and besides it's a honda it'll last forever. and besides with tim farr riding it it'll dominate the race track for sure. and just numbers told tell the whole story

flyin#5
09-11-2003, 07:44 PM
i was one of them people quick to bash. but really now that i have spent so much time looking at it, i really like it. except the hood.

darrell43031
09-11-2003, 07:49 PM
i like teh hood it kinda looks like a cbr front end

Pahrump
09-11-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by KASCHAK
great minds think alike. i agree with everything you say!

and how is it that the yami has more power it has less cc smaller carb.. the only thing it has is more compression and more valves and a dohc. just put a different gasket from the crf450r on it and it will bump up the compression. then it will kill the yami

Even though it has a larger MM carb it is a throw-away CV style, not as good as the 39mm FCR

Ryan
09-11-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by darrell43031
why do so many people have problems with the 450r? all i've seen on here for the past 5 months is every body complaining that honda has to come out with a new quad. so they did and not 10 minutes later everybody is bashing it. why? they did what you wanted you have a new sports quad so why bash it? your gonna mod it how every you want anyway so why complain!! i have no problem with the quad from what i've seen. i don't mean to sound like an arse but man why bash it before you even ridin it. thats just my 2 cents take it for what it's worth. but if you can build a better quad then do it.

I agree.

They way I see it...... Everyone still loves the trx250r, everyone says its a good race bike. Well what makes this bike worse then the legendary 250r? Of course it wasn't what some people wanted, (Alum. Frame, EFI, ect) but, it would just be alot more money with those things. Then I could see everyone complaining about the price.

Ya just can win in this world :macho .

dirtriderex
09-11-2003, 08:36 PM
You know why some of us are dissapointed, because the suspension has less travel, no DOHC (makes a huge difference, ever ride a z400?), no alluminum frame, no reverse (although not needed), no electric start:eek2: , and does honda realize the 250r is out dated. For a company to stay on top they take risks, and honda did not take one. As far as i'm concerned it's a 400ex with more power, 2 years of waiting and saving. Guess I will have to wait. Sorry if I sound like a dick, i'm just really frustrated and I had to let some steam out. Maybe i'm wrong but lets wait and hear the reviews.

MXQUAD294
09-11-2003, 08:37 PM
Looky what I gotta picture of!:blah:

http://e.domaindlx.com/TimmyK/MVC-022S.JPG