PDA

View Full Version : Are u Sponsered?

WalshKFX
09-11-2003, 06:43 PM
for all u racers out there, whether it be mx, gnc, tt, or gncc, are u guys sponsered? if so how did u get sponsered? how can i become sponsered? i want to race mx and want to pick up a sponser. any one have any ideas? Thanks

Tony

flyin#5
09-11-2003, 06:52 PM
well unless its just a small sponsor that doesnt sponsor many people or a big sponsor that sponsores everyone they see your probably not going to get sponsored before you prove yourself on the track. no one wants there name on a loosers quad. it just how it works.

WalshKFX
09-11-2003, 07:32 PM
bump

QuadJunkies
09-12-2003, 12:36 AM
Yes I am!!!!!! I got VERY lucky this year.Troy knows ALOT of business people around here and talks with all his aco****s on a daily basis and has found us some really great people.I have one Im awaiting on that may pick up the expenses for the season for BOTH of us :macho I was suppose to find out today, but something come up with them and have to check back next week...Its going to drive me nuts not knowing for another whole week......:confused2 ...Crazy you have to build yourslfe a resume and portfolio about any racing you have done. make it professional looking (kinda like a job Appclication) add pics to it ect... I will be enclosing mothly newsletters to my sponsors along with pics race dates ect.. Ive seen some good threads on this topic before, you might do a search and see what you can find for helpful hintrs from others....good luck......;) Tina

FourFiftyFour
09-12-2003, 01:39 AM
yeah i am sponsored...... by CDaleParts.com, Champion Motorsports, and RAGE ATV :) what i really learned that helps..... is TALK to people.......u gotta be dedicated..... they gotta know you are dedicated...when the weather is good..im on the track at least 2-3 times a week and the other days im usually workin on somethin or ridin at my house.... you gotta show consistency... you gotta know what you are talkin about....and your resume, has got to look SHARP! I make full color brochue type resumes (mine are fixin to be sent out here in a week) but work hard, get to know a lot of ppl, and show motivation to work hard no matter how tough the tough gets going. Sponsors want people who want to go to nationals..... you gotta show the want to. Also they like to see you on a quad that they know will win a race.... you tell them you are on a stock quad... they might turn away, bottom line is work hard and let people know youre out there :)

mxdave28
09-12-2003, 07:29 PM
My main sponsor i have is a welding shop...(Tool City Welding) and i went there to get my quad fixed one day and got into a converation with the owner about my racing and i just jokingly said...Hey, you should sponsor me this year and i will put yr name on the quad and everything.....he said, that sounds like a good idea. hehehe i was like holy chit! hahaha and my other sponsor (McNett shocks and performance) we also got into a conversation and one thing led to another and he asked me. so my main point i guess is,.... you need to get out there and start talking to people and ask...never hurts to ask. Good Luck

flyin#5
09-12-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by mxdave28
and my other sponsor (McNett shocks and performance) we also got into a conversation and one thing led to another and he asked me. so my main point i guess is,.... you need to get out there and start talking to people and ask...never hurts to ask. Good Luck

:ermm: :confused2 :huh :uhoh: :blah:

haha but that sounds cool i want to get sponsored by a local shop too....

Pappy
09-12-2003, 07:54 PM
the best possible sponsor for a racer will be one that gives the parts you need free. ofcourse this doesnt happen very often:p

most companies or shops will normally agree to give a percentage off parts or service. alot of companies base the percentage on your level of skill or the races that you attend coupled with wether or not you can represent thier products or services in a way that serves the sponsor.

local sponsors can be a huge help. alot of small engine shops are overlooked but enjoy the thought of being involved with racing. they can also be a big asset to you when emergency help is needed. local tire shops can be HUGE especially when it comes time for a flat repair or installing new tires. also, local merchants can be helpful....theres alot of stuff besides parts when it comes to racing.

look outside the box for sponsors...you might be surprised:cool:

WalshKFX
09-12-2003, 08:28 PM
thanks pappy. ill def. look into that:)

dirtmomma
09-12-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
the best possible sponsor for a racer will be one that gives the parts you need free. ofcourse this doesnt happen very often:p

most companies or shops will normally agree to give a percentage off parts or service. alot of companies base the percentage on your level of skill or the races that you attend coupled with wether or not you can represent thier products or services in a way that serves the sponsor.

local sponsors can be a huge help. alot of small engine shops are overlooked but enjoy the thought of being involved with racing. they can also be a big asset to you when emergency help is needed. local tire shops can be HUGE especially when it comes time for a flat repair or installing new tires. also, local merchants can be helpful....theres alot of stuff besides parts when it comes to racing.

look outside the box for sponsors...you might be surprised:cool:

I agree!!:) I went & hit the pavement for my son's sponsorship & it has paid off well, if it wasn't for the discounts & help we probabaly wouldn't be racing!!

Narly R
09-12-2003, 09:32 PM
I sent them a resume, and if you do buisness with them and there a smaller company, Im pretty shure it will work, just go there and stuff! If its a big company you have to have luck, Im going to send Division Four, Fullbore, LRD, SPY, AC, and our local gas company resumes. Most people want racers, not back yard jumpers like me....:( ;)

GOOD LUCK DUDE! Sponsers take it to the next level!:D :ermm:

QuadJunkies
09-12-2003, 10:05 PM
All my sponsors sponsored cash for mods and entry fees for us.:D I dont know how common that is, but almost ALL of them literally had nothing to do with Quads and the smaller buisnesses were the ones willing to help out more than the big ones were:) And a tire shop does come in handy.......LOL.I think our tire guy donated 14 sets of tire/flats/ rim swapping last year for us at no charge....:eek2:

Pappy
09-12-2003, 10:07 PM
lol...last tire i had changed cost me $17:eek: :mad:

thats when i went shopping for a company that wanted to help me out. now i get them done free....all i have to do is give them a few pictures for the shop wall and refer business to them!!!

thanks atco tire:D

QuadJunkies
09-12-2003, 10:10 PM

thats when i went shopping for a company that wanted to help me out. now i get them done free....all i have to do is give them a few pictures for the shop wall and refer business to them!!!

thanks atco tire:D I know!:grr: Its highway robberywhat they charge to change a tire.Heck to put on my beadlocks they wanted 30.00-35.00 each rim! Hada friend help slap em on for free...... Les Schwab does ours......
for free...:)

Pappy
09-12-2003, 10:14 PM
hahah i just got a pm asking if i was serious about non atv sponsors...lmfao

my reply was" take a look at nascar":p

its surprisingly easy to obtain sponsors that will make life a bit easier. QJ...that is awesome you actually recieved cash for gate fee's and expenses. very uncommon for a non pro level rider!!! good job!!

id also think that including local merchants is a great way to show that atv's arent just noise makers in the community. the more people are informed the better our sport will be.

09-12-2003, 10:15 PM
changing quad tires is easy, bike tires are a *****:mad:

flyin#5
09-13-2003, 09:35 AM

thanks atco tire:D

:eek2: 17 dollars for a changed tire?????? im not sponsored by the local shop (yet) and they have done alot of work with my dad on the quad, and the guy charged us nothing for the tire change's.