PDA

View Full Version : 450r Horsepower ???

Bunkerking217
09-11-2003, 02:43 PM
I've heard that it has the same, or a few more than the dirtbike. The CRF450R dirtbike has 54.6 stock. The HRC kit says it adds another 20% horsepower.

That means...the stock bike, plus a $300 kit for:

65 horsepower???

Am i smoking something or is this thing gonna rip that much?

Steve-O
09-11-2003, 02:48 PM
The quad motor has been de-tuned ,, so with the HRC kit you would be lucky to get back to the HP of a CRF dirt bike

Ryan
09-11-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Steve-O
The quad motor has been de-tuned ,, so with the HRC kit you would be lucky to get back to the HP of a CRF dirt bike

Bump the compression back up, get the HRC kit and you should be close to the stock power of a crf450.

Mr_Bub400ex
09-11-2003, 03:05 PM
where are u guys getting this kit details from? does anyone know what i consists of?

oldsandman
09-11-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Bub400ex
where are u guys getting this kit details from? does anyone know what i consists of?

It is at the end of the honda web preview. It was a cam, pipe...

js52589
09-11-2003, 03:40 PM
but still, 54hp is pretty damn impressive with just the hrc kit

Pahrump
09-11-2003, 03:51 PM
I love hondas but I am sorry there is not 50HP in that engine with just that little HRC kit.

I just sold my CRF450 and it was a great bike but not 50HP.

Steve-O
09-11-2003, 04:59 PM
yeah I didnt think the CRF dirtbike made 54HP.
Im guessing the kit should put it around 45HP

Ryan
09-11-2003, 05:12 PM
45hp is still alot! Johnny G's decked out ltz400 only makes 46hp, he says its fast as hell.

norcal.z400
09-11-2003, 05:36 PM
there are a lot of other variables to consider ....

the trx has a different bore and stroke than the dirtbike, it also has smaller exhaust valves and steel intake valves whereas the dirtbike has titanium

so when compared to the dirtbike

1. less compression
2. no FCR
3. smaller exhaust valves
4. no titanium intake valves
5. mild cam

honestly guys this thing is going to have less than 35hp stock, and maybe less. to get it into the mid 40's you will have to buy a carb and the honda kit and maybe more. I bet the head design is different too :confused:

I was deadset on buying the new honda till I saw the specs :ermm:

Bretmd94
09-11-2003, 06:27 PM
I heard 50 hp also, but im very sure it is to the crank. Its more like 45 to the wheels on a stock crf450. you have to remember that these motors are not like regular quad motors. They are pretty beefed up stock.

I would be the exhaust and intake are real restrictive on the TRX450. So if you put in a higher comp piston, and get exhaust and K&N and loose the lid you will see a big jump. But from there it will be hard to get power.

I would bet with the HRC kit you will get aroung 45-47 hp. Motorcycle exhaust is not restrictive at all, and it had the higher compression already.

Still a whole lot though.
:macho

86atc250r
09-11-2003, 06:49 PM
honestly guys this thing is going to have less than 35hp stock, and maybe less. to get it into the mid 40's you will have to buy a carb and the honda kit and maybe more. I bet the head design is different too

I think you're worrying a bit too much.

These are small changes. About 1 point on the compression, 1mm on the exhaust side, etc, etc....

The Honda head is a better design than the Yam, a 1mm change to the exh valves will make little difference to anything. Not sure at this point what the cam changes are.

If it needs anything it will be the FCR and the cam. Both easily replaced... The FCR is less than $350 from Honda and the cam is about $150 from Honda. Put those two on and you've spent as much as you would have on the Yamaha & you'll have some spare parts to sell on ebay.

The Yamaha at this point scares me. I do not trust their R&D dept and I get a real feeling that they rushed the YFZ to market. They've already started having trans problems and they're less than 3 months old.

I don't trust that they did their homework on long term reliability of that engine in a quad chassis. Plus their replacement parts are very high. For instance you can get a brand new cylinder head for a CRF for less than $200 from Honda. The same item from Yamaha costs over $600 --- that's just one example.

Right now, I'm in the market for either myself - I've been looking at the YFZ closely, but the two things that keep me from buying it are Yamaha's history and their replacment parts prices. Unless the TRX450R puts out substantially less power than I'm expecting, I'll go with it.

Guy400
09-11-2003, 07:12 PM
A point to consider with respect to the valves. Smaller exhaust valves doesn't necessarily mean less horsepower. Head flow is where the tale is told. Honda didn't just make the exhaust valves smaller because they were bored, there's a reason. Maybe with the smaller valve airflow was restricted at maximum valve lift but increased flow during the other stages of valve opening/closing. Remember, the valve has to ride the ramp up the cam lobe, is only at max lift for a millisecond and is riding the ramp back down again. There's way more time spent during the opening and closing of the valve than there is at max lift. It's very possible that reducing the size of the exhaust valve helped make more horsepower/torque during the other 95% of valve actuation. Maybe the smaller valve helped with exhaust gas scavenging at the head. Maybe with the slightly different cam profile smaller valves work better. You can bet that Honda just didn't take the dirtbike engine and say "Let's make the exhaust valves smaller than on the dirtbike just to increase our manufacturing costs." Head flow research is a huge area of importance and the science can be deceptive. For example, a 45 degree seat cut on a small block Chevy valve is rather typical (as a part of a 3-angle valve job). Say at .200" of lift it flows 130cfm, at .350" of lift it flows 160cfm and at .500" of lift it flow 285cfm. I can change the seat angle to 60 degrees and at .200" it's only going to flow 115cfm, at .350" of lift it flows 150cfm but then at .500" of lift it suddenly flows 315cfm. Most head companies are going to advertise max flow numbers and the head with the 60 degree cut looks to be a better head. In actuality the head with the 45 degree cut flows far better at all valve lifts except for at max lift. In turn the head with the seemingly worse specs actually winds up being the better of the two.

Tommy 17
09-11-2003, 07:14 PM
gabe thats exactly true...

example... back when my friends and me had bikes... my front fender was 17$ on a cr80... theirs were 45$ or more i think... the side panels for mine were 29$... theirs were 75$+:rolleyes:

honda always has had cheaper parts... and the best part is they dont' brake half as often either...

cool 300ex
09-11-2003, 07:17 PM
65 hp :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: Or is it only 54 what is the stock hp?

Steve-O
09-11-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by cool 300ex
65 hp :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: Or is it only 54 what is the stock hp?

havent you read the rest of the thread?!?

there's alot of good information here

BigAl
09-11-2003, 07:27 PM
Well, a mechanical engineer I'm not, but from my small amount of engine knowledge, and knowing mother honda , I would say this thing will be a TOURQE MONSTER. can anyone say 350X?

Lower compression, smaller valves, and a different cam grind add up to a luggable tourqey motor.

I too fear Yamahas reliability record, but I think it is closer to a Hi Performance machine than the TRX is.

Plante400
09-11-2003, 08:06 PM
Ill be straight up, i am a completely Honda person, but im not very impressed with this new quad, seems yamaha has better specs to me jsut from what ive read... guess we'll have to see it run. I think im just fine with my 440ex with a cam in it... id otn think ill see much more, all i can see it that the 450r it liqued kooled.. the frame and everythng els seem the same, Except fro the liqued cooled 450cc's... i dont know maybe they will be sweet, wont knwo till january...

Ryan
09-11-2003, 08:16 PM
If anyone wants any further information on what Guy400 was saying, go to http://www.mototuneusa.com/ and sign up.

aroracer72
09-11-2003, 08:54 PM
the trx will have more low end, as the yfz will have mid to revving power, with the crf in favor cause of corners and jumps, and just look at who has started the eras of sport quads....HONDA!!!!.....maybe not the always fastest, or most tweaked, but are ALWAYS on top!!!...thats cause they take the neccessary time to produce a worthy and reliable quad, yamaha, just thought of the idea, spent SHORT term testing on it, and made some changes, and threw a price tag on it!!!...were as honda has been testing to my knowledge for like 3 years!!!!!

Toadz400
09-11-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by aroracer72
were as honda has been testing to my knowledge for like 3 years!!!!!

hasn't yamaha been doing it for 4 years?:confused:

aroracer72
09-11-2003, 09:36 PM
noo, i dont bilieve, i bilieve they spent the main time and effort/money working on there grizzl and new bruin and utility quads

aroracer72
09-11-2003, 10:14 PM
and as for the horsepower, its enough gor you to hit a tree, or a jump.....and enough to scare a begginner, in any case, it will have enough power, my guess, nothing more and nothing really less than the yfz.

Woody_YFZ
09-11-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
hasn't yamaha been doing it for 4 years?:confused:

Yamaha spent just over three years designing the YFZ. All this talk about Honda being so much more reliable MIGHT have some merit, but the motorcycles seem to have about equal problems, so I would imagine the quads will too. I'm curious where you guys buy your Yamaha parts. Why are you paying so much?? In my experience Honda parts are just as expensive. None of them are cheap. Saying Honda is more reliable used to be somewhat true, I think to say Honda is more reliable is like saying Honda cars are more reliable than Toyota. They both are about as reliable as they get.

Woody_YFZ
09-11-2003, 11:35 PM
I would guess that the new 450 is going to be pushing around 38 - 40 hp stock. Comparing the dirt bikes, the CRF has better low end grunt, where the YZF seems to have more of a two stroke feel, more kick in the mid to high end.

86atc250r
09-12-2003, 12:24 AM
Woody-

Look at servicehonda.com for 400EX or CRF parts -- then look anywhere for Yamaha parts, there is a HUGE difference.

For example:

CRF 40mm FCR carb: - approx $320
YFZ 39mm FCR carb: - approx $800
LTZ 36mm junk carb: - approx $???

CRF Cylinder head: - approx $190
YZ426 cylinder head - approx $600 (couldn't find prices on YFZ)
LTZ400 Cylinder head - appros $500

TRX400ex tie rods - approx $3
YFZ450S tie rods - approx $6
LTZ400 tie rods - approx $10

TRX400ex Front Hub - $25 (using 2002 part number, will fit all 400s) - includes bearings & seals
YFZ450S Front Hub - $90 (no bearings/seals)
LTZ400 Front Hub - $120 (no bearings/seals)

TRX400ex lower control arm (including bearings & seals) - $32
Raptor lower control arm (no bushings or seals)- $182 (couldn't find prices on YFZ)
LTZ lower control arm - $151 (no bearings or seals)

TRX400ex front fender - $65
Raptor front fender - $210 (couldn't find prices on YFZ)
LTZ400 front fender - $256

TRX400ex rear fender - $70
Raptor rear fender - $183 (couldn't find prices on YFZ)
LTZ400 rear fender - $226

As you can see in these few examples, there are very significant differences between parts prices of the newer generation of Hondas and other brands. This adds up very quickly when you're racing and tearing things up on a regular basis.

My only guess is that it is because the new generation of Hondas are manufactured in America and they don't have to pay tarriffs on importing the parts - thankfully they pass the savings along.

sultan_uv_speed
09-12-2003, 06:49 AM
Everyone keeps talking about how much peak HP the trx will have. As far as the bikes go, the YZF450 has always had more PEAK HP then the CRF, thats like asking "how fast can it go". What has always made the honda better was the nature of its power, it had no "hit" like the YZF it just rolls on and steadily builds power, which makes it a faster and easier to ride motor. Not to mention yamahas have always had and probably always will have tranny problems. Honda on the other hand is known for having bullet proof trannies...........................ON ANOTHER NOTE , I heard from my dealer friend, who was at the dealer show, that honda was NOT planning on revieling this quad at this time, but, yamaha totally caught them off guard. Which is why they made that press release right after the YFZ came out, to thats why it isnt avaiable until jan '04 AND he was told personally ..."that is an optimistic release date ".... THINK about it, it makes perfect sense. How many people out there , myself included, would have went out and ordered a YFZ if honda said nothing about their trx450r, and how many people they prevented from doing that by making that announcement...........just food for thought.....

86atc250r
09-12-2003, 07:41 AM
You're right on about the engines.

Not sure I believe that Honda was caught off guard though...

I heard about the Yamaha a good long while before it was introduced. You can bet Honda was aware long before someone like myself was.

Honda announced it in August to help save some sales until they could make thier "official announcement", but they had to because Yamaha has their annual dealer meeting a few months before Honda.

We've all been hearing bits and pieces about the 450R for at least a few years now. We've heard that Tim Farr was testing for a good long time now, heck, Honda reps were even telling their dealers to expect an announcement at last year's dealer show - only to have upper management pull the plug at the last second (supposedly).

It doesn't really matter anyways - the things that do matter are that soon we will have two great choices to choose from, Honda is bringing factory sponsored riders back into the mix, and that means things get better from here. If we're lucky, Yamaha will hire on a Factory team & it will become like the dirtbikes where the manufacturers make improvements to their offerings every year to try to stay on top...

adam250r
09-12-2003, 09:08 AM
Gabe,

Comparing prices you found at Service Honda with Yamaha prices you found somewhere is like comparing Service prices to your local dealers prices. They are nowhere near each other. There has got to be a place like Service Honda for Yammi's out there somewhere. Also, 400ex prices will always be cheap because its a cheap bike. Look at prices for R parts! (that WAS a dig on the 400ex)

86atc250r
09-12-2003, 09:28 AM
ServiceHonda may be a bit cheaper than the average dealer, but unfortunately they don't sell Yammy or Kawazuki parts, so direct comparison is rather difficult.

My school of thought is to price them based on what's readily available online, since that's where I do the bulk of my shopping. So I used common sources to price the parts.

However, even given that you can find somewhat discounted parts for Yammy's and Kawazuki's somewhere - the differences are vast enough that you'll still never come close to them being anywhere near equal.. And that was the whole point of my post. If you like, I can put MSRP on the Honda parts and you'll find that the prices are still vastly cheaper.

The 400EX is cheap because it's a new gen Honda (as I explained before) - 250R prices are high because parts are made in Japan, it's a model that's been discontinued for over 10 years, and many parts are out of production.

Look at any new gen Honda being produced in America and you'll see the pattern on parts prices. It's not just the 400EX (which is why I included some CRF parts in my list).

If the TRX450R comes out and parts are as high as the other brands, I will seriously reconsider purchasing one as one of the main advantages of ownership will be gone. I seriously doubt that will be the case though - especially considering the CRF450R shares a similar parts price schedule to the 400EX.

BTW - do you have an engine that will hold together for this year's 12hr race (that WAS a dig on the old R :p)

09-12-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by norcal.z400
there are a lot of other variables to consider ....

the trx has a different bore and stroke than the dirtbike, it also has smaller exhaust valves and steel intake valves whereas the dirtbike has titanium

so when compared to the dirtbike

1. less compression
2. no FCR
3. smaller exhaust valves
4. no titanium intake valves
5. mild cam

honestly guys this thing is going to have less than 35hp stock, and maybe less. to get it into the mid 40's you will have to buy a carb and the honda kit and maybe more. I bet the head design is different too :confused:

I was deadset on buying the new honda till I saw the specs :ermm:

well the titanium intake valves on the crf werent any good, everyone went to ss ones because they last longer, i think they went down on the compression to make the motor last longer

i dont care ill buy one , one day

adam250r
09-12-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by 86atc250r

BTW - do you have an engine that will hold together for this year's 12hr race (that WAS a dig on the old R :p) [/B]

yeah i hope so. I fired my 12 hr mechanic this year! (i am not building the motor):blah: We got that motor changed out and bocak on the track in under 20 minutes. It was the 45 minutes getting towed back that killed us!! Me and Gilham and Kirk are running the Laeger 310. We had to run the Pro class because of the WORCS races. We are gonna get KILLED, but we will have a good time for sure. At least we wont be SANDBAGGIN!!!:blah: :macho :devil: (that is a dig on you)

SnellCRP
09-12-2003, 06:53 PM
Guy400, do you think that honda reduced the size of the valves to increase "low lift" flow #'s to increase torque of the motor because of the added weight of the quad as compared to the weight of the bike? I am seriously considering buying the new Honda, but i want to wait until I see how it does modified and on the track. We do have the great benefit of having the R&D guys at Honda making power for Farr's quad. With all their money and resources they should be able to build an AWESOME race quad!

Fast250EX
09-13-2003, 05:52 PM
I heard that Honda tested the durability of the new 450 motor by running it for 48 hours wide open.:eek2:

aroracer72
09-13-2003, 08:53 PM
okay, look at yamahas quads, and look at hondas past quads, which ones have been proven???...honda.........the 250r.........yeah, the 400ex.....now for yamaha..raptor, skinny, tall, ****ty handling, wheelies every were, and blew second gear the first year out, the banshee, carb problems, crappy handling, but are nice other than that, and the new yfz, only built with racers in mind, it will continue to have trans problems, and the fricking a-arms are breaking, yikes!!!....honda, just have the R&D man, cant beat them, i mean, come on, an 17 yr old quad thats still raced by top pros, that means something!!!...and about the motor changes, you know honda, it will have these changes for a reason, they are just...well, they are honda!!!!

Bunkerking217
09-13-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by aroracer72
okay, look at yamahas quads, and look at hondas past quads, which ones have been proven???...honda.........the 250r.........yeah, the 400ex.....now for yamaha..raptor, skinny, tall, ****ty handling, wheelies every were, and blew second gear the first year out, the banshee, carb problems, crappy handling, but are nice other than that, and the new yfz, only built with racers in mind, it will continue to have trans problems, and the fricking a-arms are breaking, yikes!!!....honda, just have the R&D man, cant beat them, i mean, come on, an 17 yr old quad thats still raced by top pros, that means something!!!...and about the motor changes, you know honda, it will have these changes for a reason, they are just...well, they are honda!!!!

ok....i havent had the little bit problem with my yfz and out of the people i talk to reguarly that have them, only one or two have had tranny problems. i think it was jsut a bad batch of about 500. and i thought we had already established the fact that there were only 2 yfz's with bent arms that the same pic was posted about 3058329068 times. also, one was because a guy hit a tree going about 40. im sorry, but if i hit a tree going that fast on my 400ex, my arm would bend too.

im not trying to say yamaha is better than honda, honda doesnt have to prove anything, everyone knows they are durable and will always live up to that even if they arent "the fastest".....but nowadays, everyone has the same technology and getting up to the same standards.

also, before yall start talking crap. the yfz and trx are so close in performance, whenever you start puttin $15,000 into it, it wont matter what color the plastic is, just the driver......yes im talking about tim farr. he will be smoking the pro production class on the trx, because honda is sponsoring him, if he was on a yfz, it would be the same....

sparky450AR
09-14-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by sultan_uv_speed
Everyone keeps talking about how much peak HP the trx will have. As far as the bikes go, the YZF450 has always had more PEAK HP then the CRF, thats like asking "how fast can it go". What has always made the honda better was the nature of its power, it had no "hit" like the YZF it just rolls on and steadily builds power, which makes it a faster and easier to ride motor. Not to mention yamahas have always had and probably always will have tranny problems. Honda on the other hand is known for having bullet proof trannies...........................ON ANOTHER NOTE , I heard from my dealer friend, who was at the dealer show, that honda was NOT planning on revieling this quad at this time, but, yamaha totally caught them off guard. Which is why they made that press release right after the YFZ came out, to thats why it isnt avaiable until jan '04 AND he was told personally ..."that is an optimistic release date ".... THINK about it, it makes perfect sense. How many people out there , myself included, would have went out and ordered a YFZ if honda said nothing about their trx450r, and how many people they prevented from doing that by making that announcement...........just food for thought.....

you are EXACTLY right about the honda vs yammi motors....honda has more usable power

sparky450AR
09-14-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Bunkerking217
ok....i havent had the little bit problem with my yfz and out of the people i talk to reguarly that have them, only one or two have had tranny problems. i think it was jsut a bad batch of about 500. and i thought we had already established the fact that there were only 2 yfz's with bent arms that the same pic was posted about 3058329068 times. also, one was because a guy hit a tree going about 40. im sorry, but if i hit a tree going that fast on my 400ex, my arm would bend too.

im not trying to say yamaha is better than honda, honda doesnt have to prove anything, everyone knows they are durable and will always live up to that even if they arent "the fastest".....but nowadays, everyone has the same technology and getting up to the same standards.

also, before yall start talking crap. the yfz and trx are so close in performance, whenever you start puttin $15,000 into it, it wont matter what color the plastic is, just the driver......yes im talking about tim farr. he will be smoking the pro production class on the trx, because honda is sponsoring him, if he was on a yfz, it would be the same....

i agree with you also

aroracer72
09-14-2003, 09:35 AM
only 500 with trans probs....LOL, thats 5 people that are bumming right now cause this "awesome" quad is ****ing up, and also the arm thing is kind of scarce, but the trans prob isnt, 500 is a lot, ive heard from my dealer that they are seelling fast, but 500 is a big chunk of the number of yfz's out there. And i agree with the tim farr thing, and the 15,000 dollar thing.

Only more time will tell

in any case, like we all know, they are both awesome quads, and will be awesome in competition.

MEL
09-14-2003, 09:53 AM
any of the new quads are great. this will do nothing but bring our sport to a new level. instead of having a sea of hondas out on the track, now we'll have some of all the different brands and colors. sorta reminds you of motorcross and supercross, doesn't it? and now with the factory backed race teams, even though its just one racer per team right now, it will make for some great racing next year. now if the factories would only sponser some xc guys!

TGW_400ex
09-14-2003, 10:21 AM
Plante400

Is the backflip real?:eek2:

Bunkerking217
09-14-2003, 10:30 AM
i was guessing 500. im not positive on how many there were. the shifter was sticking on them though. it wasnt anything major and was covered by warranty. the trx might have problems too, but it wont be anything major. honda took the ex, changed the plastic, and swapped the motors. even if honda had this same design but would have stuck reverse in it and electric start, they would DOMINATE the quad field. but again, ive heard of a pro taking out the reverse gear of their z400 to save weight....:confused:

aroracer72
09-14-2003, 08:45 PM
the new trx isnt a 400ex with different plastics and motor...LOL....god, its a new frame and plastics, but the same arms ive been told, and as for the factory sponsoring, ATV is going thru the same steps as the AMA went went through......atvs will be as popular as dirtbikes in about 5 years as my guess. Go ATV's!!!!!!

09-15-2003, 02:52 PM
If everyone is rippinf the 42mm carb, what it the CRF 450 running, since I'm ordering my 450r with the factory power up kit so I might as well add the carb too.
If the a-arms are the same specs as the 400ex, then my LT arms will go on the new 450, stockers on the 400 and put the piggybacks on the 400 as well.

86atc250r
09-15-2003, 03:00 PM
The CRF uses a 40mm FCR.

I'm guessing there won't be a huge performance difference between the two - peak HP will likely be about the same since the 42mm carb won't flow quite as well as the FCR.

I'm thinking the biggest difference will be in throttle response.

The 42mm carb will likely not be a CV carb like some are saying. Honda has never put a CV carb on a sport/race ATV and will likely not start with the TRX450R. My guess is that it will be very similar to a 400EX carb, only bigger.

4TraxRider
09-15-2003, 03:15 PM
How can anybody complain when were getting new performance quads for the first time in 10 years. How many people here love their 400ex's, but want a little more from them, THIS IS IT. It only shares a few components with the 400ex. Yeah the YFZ is a great quad, can't really say anythign bad about it. The TRX will too. We don't even know yet, its not out. Everything now is only an assumption. Wait till january, take a spin on it, and see how i goes, if its not the best racer, then we have another great trail quad. The 400ex isnt the best racer, but i still see a ton of them, and I still race one more than competatively in the Amateur class. Were getting new quads from many manufacturers, be happy. JMO

rs169300
09-15-2003, 03:18 PM
Don’t worry about the max hp numbers. As I can recall in the late 80’s the Honda 250r had the least hp off all motors. I think that number was around 29-31 hp. Now look out there today. That is the only old quad you see.

Jay300ex
09-15-2003, 09:08 PM
The 450 has 49 HP stock. Atleast that is what our service manager told me because he just got back from Vegas to see everything. He believes that this quad is going to do very well for quite a few reasons, and too many people are looking at the numbers right now and trying to put the physics together. That's fine and all, but you got to get it right.

We discussed a few things about why it's going to do good and I mentioned the butterfly carb and he said WTF did you hear that? He told me that this thing is oil cooled AND liquid cooled and that provides a good advantage. The cooler the motor runs the more HP it will produce. Yea we know that, dual wet sump engine right? This motor is identical, but completly different then the CRF motor. Ew that was bad.

Just wait till Nov guys :)

Jay

Castor-426ex
09-16-2003, 12:09 AM
well i cant wait...i plan on leaving my trx450r stock in the engine department for a long time being that i was used to a 426 and 416....i wonder how much of a diff this quad will be in the power department?

Pahrump
09-16-2003, 08:00 AM
Well I love Honda and I think the quad will be better than everyone is thinking but not 49HP Stock the bike does not even have that!!

400Ex_Rida
09-16-2003, 12:11 PM
Just cosider that the 400ex doesn't have much horsepower either. But in my opinion the 400ex puts the power to the wheels better than any other quad

FirstTRX450R LA
09-17-2003, 12:19 PM
I am with Bunkerking712 b/c my service tech at my shop told me all the stuff they change in the motor it sold be no less than 54.6 hp it might even be more than that and i doing care b/c my TRX450r will be the fockin fastest!!! All my toy r the fastest around town!!!

heavy_d
09-17-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by rs169300
Don’t worry about the max hp numbers. As I can recall in the late 80’s the Honda 250r had the least hp off all motors. I think that number was around 29-31 hp. Now look out there today. That is the only old quad you see.

i haven't been able get the stock hp on the lt250r, anybody have any FACTUAL numbers?

Ryan
09-17-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by FirstTRX450R LA
I am with Bunkerking712 b/c my service tech at my shop told me all the stuff they change in the motor it sold be no less than 54.6 hp it might even be more than that

What are you smokin? :huh

aroracer72
09-17-2003, 03:41 PM
yeah, what the HELL are YOU smoking!!!!?????/:huh ....you must be like 2 yrs old, cause a piped banshee with reeds and boost bottle and stuff barely makes that!!!!...it will have very high 30's, or low 40's, it all depends, but NOT mid 50's, f'ing stoners, go back to feeding your DUMBASS munchies:devil:

Now everybody....ready for this.....point, and LAUGH AS HARD AS YOU CAN at the imbolsol:p

Bunkerking217
09-17-2003, 09:03 PM
aren't yall cool. i bet you are the same guys that go put finger prints and lick the windows at the local shops. well umm, that dude owns a honda shop and has the best mechanic in the state thats been working for him for 20 years. but we will see soon enough....

and come down here with your little banshee and lets see who can ride, then we can say we were 'smoking' you

i work for a guy that builds banshees and took the stock motor and got 200+ hp out of it and ran a 3.2, PLUS my stock yfz hits 50+ with just the pipe

aroracer72
09-17-2003, 09:45 PM
let me ask, does this "guy" use the stock cylinder with his "200+" horspower engine, cause sportbike, supercharged, wih nitrous doesnt even get that.....aawww...the good old farm, were you you smell the sent of cow and BULL ****. You sound like a kid making up things to sound like he isnt BULL****TING, but i bilieve a yfz with a pipe will put out 50, ****, my dale with a pipe put out 52, but the 200hp out of a stock motr, BULL****, unless he usues like a 50pd bottle of NOS,,...LOL!!!!....but the new honda putting out mid 50's......NOOO WAAAYYY!!!!....tim farr's crf hybrid race quad that he raced last year pushed low 50's, but with a pipe, and like a piston, mid 50's will me obtainable, i just cant stop laughing about some "guy" making a 200+ horsepower "STOCK" banshee motor, when the fastest quads with 1300cc sportbike motors and NOS, and a supercharger, dont get 200, BULL****!!!....lol...jeesh......yeah, i know a guy who can get 80 horsepower out of a stock lt80 motor, ....thats what you sound like..........ii cnt stop laughing!!!!!

Bunkerking217
09-18-2003, 01:53 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/pro/southernstyles/index2.html

go there, then click on "Buddy's New 200+ Horse Power Triple !!!"

thats a 750 triple that put out like 230. i dont have pics of the banshee on the site. who cares how much you think you know anyway dude. ive seen it before and i know what it can do

Guy400
09-18-2003, 02:28 PM
What does any of this have to do with the TRX?