PDA

View Full Version : Tire Valve Problem

Ryan
09-11-2003, 11:38 AM
I had a huge hole in my sidewall of my Holeshot XCT's. I brang my tire to the gas station to get a tube installed. Well I got my tire back and there is air leaving from the valve when I put weight on my tire.

I went back to the gas station and asked the guy what should I do. He said just to tighted the valve stem and it should be fine. Well I did that and its still leaving air :ermm: .

Any suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks.

Edit: Its leaving from the pin.

300exOH
09-11-2003, 11:44 AM
Just unscrew the valve and put a new one in. You can get them at any auto parts store.

300exOH
09-11-2003, 11:45 AM
also there's a special tool you can get at the parts store too

lil400exman
09-11-2003, 12:01 PM
300exoh its a on a tube sounds like you got a bad tube man need a new one you could try spraying wd-40 (alot in the hole) and put air in there put more wd-40 in more air until the valve "unlocks" and seals up............its a problem on bike and sometimes a new tubs is the only answer:(

Ryan
09-11-2003, 12:58 PM
lil400exman, my tube I have is brand new. I have never used it before. I will try the wd40 thing. And if that doesn't work, i'll pick up a new valve.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

atl855
09-11-2003, 01:23 PM
you can get a valve stem tool at walmart for under $5 and a vavle stem insert from your sisters bicycle, but the are a dime a dozen too

Ryan
09-11-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by atl855
you can get a valve stem tool at walmart for under $5 and a vavle stem insert from your sisters bicycle, but the are a dime a dozen too

mie siss doent hav eny bieks :confused2 .

lil400exman
09-11-2003, 05:35 PM
hey ryan did ya try what i said? tubes can be a really pain sometimes cause of the sealant they put in there gums it up.........well post ur results:devil:

Bubba
09-11-2003, 08:23 PM
when u have a tube in a tubless tire its sometimes normal for air to comeout around the valve stem because when u blow the tube up it expands and it pushed all the air in the tire out and it usually comes out around the valve stem. thats what it did when we put a tube on our truck tire

lil400exman
09-11-2003, 09:25 PM
true bubba but read the post its coming out of the valve itself!;)

Ryan
09-12-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
hey ryan did ya try what i said? tubes can be a really pain sometimes cause of the sealant they put in there gums it up.........well post ur results:devil:

I will as soon as I do it :macho . I was really busy so I didn't find the time to work on it. I will try it on sunday and see if it works out!

ewalker302
09-13-2003, 02:52 PM
Those are called schrader valves they are in everything

If you even got some old car tires or somethin layin around try them sometimes it takes trying a few to get a good seal. Put a drop O grease or slicone on the seal -- not wd40 or penetrating oil it will dry rot the seals over time.

You can overtighten them too, you can most likely just loosen & tighten it back & forth till it seals. I know this has worked for me before.

In a pinch just get a metal valve stem cap with a rubber washer in it and just screw it on tight before all the air comes out of the tire.

& you can take the valves out with just a small flathead if u dont have a tool.
:bandit: