PDA

View Full Version : not till JANUARY

dasheek
09-11-2003, 09:21 AM
The sad thing is everyone is excited to see the new quad. Thing is nobody will hardly see one untill january. They said it will be availabe in january. Shoot that sucks yamaha announced it and then it was a not long after. I have to give props to yama. for that one. The honda dose look nice though. Is it just me or dose the frame look the same as the 400Ex? if so that is a big dissapointment for me.

Baley69
09-11-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by dasheek
Is it just me or dose the frame look the same as the 400Ex? if so that is a big dissapointment for me.

Why the 400 has one of the best frames on the newer bikes.

knighttime
09-11-2003, 09:35 AM
Is it just me or dose the frame look the same as the 400Ex? if so that is a big dissapointment for me.

other than havin it be like the alum cannondales, what did u want the frame too look like? :confused:

trueblue450
09-11-2003, 09:36 AM
what is there to change on the 400ex frame??

seatec
09-11-2003, 10:14 AM
I think they Announced the TRX now instead of closer to its release date because they are trying to hold on to their customers and have them wait for the TRX inistead fo going for the YFZ. Lets face it, 3-4 months is a long time to wait for a TOy that you want.

dasheek
09-11-2003, 11:10 AM
i was really hoping for an alum. frame like cannondale. I really think it is a shame they went under. They had a good bike. I have nothing wrong with the 400ex frame ( i own one for heaven sake) I was just hoping for something that would really rock!! I agree 3-4 months for a TOY that you really want kind of sucks

knighttime
09-11-2003, 11:36 AM
I agree 3-4 months for a TOY that you really want kind of sucks

look at what day this is and think of all the people who died, 3-4 months waiting for a toy is somethin some will never get the opportunity to do :(

excess
09-11-2003, 12:56 PM
damn knighttime, that sounds horrible.

Back on topic though the cool thing is that though it is still steel the bike only weighs 350 lbs like the yfz, what advantage is there to aluminum if they both weigh the same thing?

muff
09-11-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by excess
damn knighttime, that sounds horrible.

Back on topic though the cool thing is that though it is still steel the bike only weighs 350 lbs like the yfz, what advantage is there to aluminum if they both weigh the same thing?

yfz only has aluminum a-arms :(

dhines
09-11-2003, 01:11 PM
The frame is definitely lacking in travel at least. The YFZ has nearly an inch more - front and rear.

DEAL
09-11-2003, 01:43 PM
There may be nothing wrong with the 400ex frame but just think of the extra fatigue thats going to be on it from the larger more powerful motor.

sultan_uv_speed
09-12-2003, 07:16 AM
Just food for thought here........honda obviously revieled this quad early to compete with yamaha. I have a dealer buddy who was there at the show, and he said that he was told january "is an optimistic release date".....he was also told that honda BOUGHT the cannondale chassis patent.....now why would they do that ??? I think honda has future plans, I think this is just the beginning. ALSO remember that their 350lbs mark, is based on their stats only. No one has been able to confirm that number !! I think they are doing everything in their power to keep people from buying a YFZ right now. come january we shall see.

dasheek
09-12-2003, 10:25 AM
i get the feeling that honda is running around like chickens with their heads cut off cause yamaha beat them to the punch. I mean they even said in the video that they let the drawing out early "they let the cat out of the bag" they said. Meaning they where thinking F*** yamaha is going to sell more quads then us if we don't get moving. I mean honestly Honda is a BUSSINES they are here to make money. So they have all their sales goals and blah blah blah. Knowing our luck you won't be able to buy one untill spring. And all of us average joes won't get to race one on the track untill next season.