PDA

View Full Version : Tim Farr

Tarrat 103
09-11-2003, 06:53 AM
Read this on another site......let the games begin...

Wonder who they will back in the GNCC though???

September 10, 2003

For Immediate Release

Honda Returns To ATV Racing With Tim Farr and the TRX450R

Las Vegas, NV - American Honda announced today at its annual dealer convention in Las Vegas, that the company will return to full-time ATV racing with champion racer Tim Farr and the new TRX450R.

"We are excited to return to ATV racing," said Ray Blank, Honda's Motorcycle Division Vice President. "Racing is part of Honda's DNA, so it's only natural we make a return to ATV racing with the TRX450R. Tim is the perfect choice for us. He has been racing and winning on Hondas for years. We are glad to have him as part of Team Honda."

Farr, who has won numerous titles aboard the now legendary TRX250R, will be contesting the Clear Channel/SFX Pro Quad Stadium Series, ATVA MX Series and the ATVA TT Series aboard the new TRX450R.

"The TRX450R is the best ATV I've ridden in my career," said Farr. "I can't wait to start competing and winning on it. It's awesome to have Honda get back into ATV racing."

In addition to the series mentioned above, look for Farr to be competing on the TRX450R in the 2003 Baja 1000.

Admin
09-11-2003, 07:18 AM
Congrats to Tim Farr!!

It is great to hear that the ATV Industry is finally getting into ATV Racing and supporting its racers.

Keep the information coming!

exman
09-11-2003, 07:30 AM
Its about time honda got in the game on sponsoring someone and showing there name around the track. pretty sad when for all thse years they have had riders talking up and busting there butts to give the 250r and 400ex the legendary status it has. It wasn't honda, it was all the riders who did it. Just my opinion

coryatver
09-11-2003, 07:32 AM
Today is a good day to be a atv rider!

Tarrat 103
09-11-2003, 07:34 AM
Yahama upped the ante with the YFZ,...and still looks like they may have one upped Honda on the quad...time will tell.

Sorta bummed on Honda's entry....:ermm:

Honda definitely one upped Yami with Tim Farr as the hired gun......:macho

What will Yami do in response...any ideas???

What does Kawy have up it's sleeve????

Suzuki ....will they answer????

One thing for sure is the National Scene just got a whole lot more colorful....:D

This could bring ATV racing up to the level of what it should be,....I hope!:) :cool:

......tarrat

cgmxer115
09-11-2003, 07:42 AM
Good job TIMMY, not too many other riders deserve it more than he does. I bet Yamaha is out scouting right now.

bradley300
09-11-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Tarrat 103
Yahama upped the ante with the YFZ,...and still looks like they may have one upped Honda on the quad...time will tell.

Sorta bummed on Honda's entry....:ermm:

1.Honda definitely one upped Yami with Tim Farr as the hired gun......:macho

2.What will Yami do in response...any ideas???

3.What does Kawy have up it's sleeve????

4.Suzuki ....will they answer????

One thing for sure is the National Scene just got a whole lot more colorful....:D

This could bring ATV racing up to the level of what it should be,....I hope!:) :cool:

......tarrat

1. yes they did

2.who knows, from what it sounds like, chad duvall isnt riding FST next year, (mickey said bryan cook may take his spot) so theres an option, though it is xc

3. i heard 300 two stroke

4. suzuki dosent have a motor to answer with unless its a two stroke (see #3) or, it is possible they build a new motor. they have a mx 250 four stroke now, a 450 should not be far behind, maybe it will be used in a atv also

and the nationals wont be any more colorful than they are now-RED ON THE PODIUM

Ryan
09-11-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by coryatver
Today is a good day to be a atv rider!

Damn right!

We've all been waiting for this moment for a long time. Honda stepped it up and is now sponsoring Tim Farr :) . Soon enough, all the manufacturer's will be involved!

Merriman
09-11-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Tarrat 103
In addition to the series mentioned above, look for Farr to be competing on the TRX450R in the 2003 Baja 1000.

So this means us Desert Racers and crews will get a first hand view of the 450R and what it is capable of in November. Cool. They must have FAITH in their product to put it through the Baja 1000.....I like that. :macho

seatec
09-11-2003, 09:24 AM
Now guys and gals. you all realize that the bike they will be riding will hardly resemble the bike your buying o the showroom floor right. DOn't mean to be a smart *** but it is very well possible that RC's factory bike for instance is much better than the factory Yami bike but that the Yami showroom model is better then the Honda showroom model.

Fact of the matter is that its still %90 rider and %10 bike.

I would bet that RC can win motos on a BMX bike.:cool:

400exTN
09-11-2003, 09:36 AM
Both Kawie and Suzi are developing a 450 dirtbike now. So figure each each to produce a quad a year or so later.

Kawie two stroke ????

wilkin250r
09-11-2003, 09:57 AM
Factory support for ATV racing?!? I never thought the day would come...

426exMx
09-11-2003, 11:37 AM
kawasaki and suzuki are basically the same company now, so whatever they come up with, it will be same, look at the 400z and the kf400.

400exTN
09-11-2003, 11:42 AM
from my understanding kawie and suki are developing different bikes

400EXrider#91
09-11-2003, 12:15 PM
my day started out bad, and now i am the happyest man ever

Tarrat 103
09-11-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by seatec
Now guys and gals. you all realize that the bike they will be riding will hardly resemble the bike your buying o the showroom floor right. DOn't mean..........

I think the spirit of the thread here, is the excitement over the factory backing from Honda for Tim Farr. This will hopefully cause and / or lure the other manufactures to do the same, finally creating the growth and recognition this sport needs & deserves.$$$$$

The announcement of a Honda Factory backed Tim Farr certainly trumps the début of Honda's 4ooEx on steroids.....

....and your right 90% rider 10% bike:cool: ;)

seatec
09-11-2003, 01:01 PM
tarat i agree with you. i just had to put the wise crack in.
I too think it may be the start of something good and hope that Yami and the rest follow suit and do some serious backing!

Fast250EX
09-11-2003, 02:48 PM
Now if Honda would back 2 more people, they would have an elite team. I would like to see them get Bill Ballance for the GNCC and then get Jeremiah Jones. Jones and Farr on the same team would practically eliminate a lot of the competition.

And also, I bet a few Yamaha head honchos spilled their coffee all over themselves when they saw the TRX450R and then that Honda is backing Tim Farr. I think we will all be surprised at just how much *** the new Honda kicks. I don't think Farr would have accepted if he new the 450R was a dud.

People are also very interested in the new machine and I have proof. Last night we more than doubled our record number of people on here at a time. I would say to look out for the 450R. I just have a feeling that it will kick some ***.;)

Mr_Bub400ex
09-11-2003, 02:56 PM
if the quad wasnt nearly as good as the yfz, timmy wouldnt be saying its the best quad ever... i know hes sponsered but still.. i wanna see a shootout between the two very soon.

aroracer72
09-11-2003, 04:19 PM
you cant trust magazine shootouts especially on new high performance quads for at least 6 months, for that first period, they are paid and bribed to favor the companies quad, soo..if the honda loses in the very first 2 or 3 shhotouts, dont worry, its prolly rigged.

tprender
09-11-2003, 05:57 PM
From what I have been reading that Tim has been riding a Yam for more than a month at the races but he goes and signs with Honda. Does that mean that he thinks that the Honda is better or was there more money. I go with choice 1.

Fred55
09-11-2003, 06:15 PM
Just a thought, in a Dirtwheels they said to except Bill Ballance to be riding a production based Honda, so maybe they have him for GNCC?

James70214
09-11-2003, 07:13 PM
Honda pays Farr to promote their stuff so of course he will say it is the best thing since sliced bread. It willl be intteresting to see what Farrs quad will looke like with all of the factory one off parts.

aroracer72
09-11-2003, 07:19 PM
imm hoping Maeier or Full Bore come out with a new hood for it immediaetly, i dont want a quad that looks like a mad crab!!!!!....lol..if i get one, ill be trying to fit my old 250r plastics on it immediatly!!!!!!...and as for Farr, and honda, yeah hes getting payd to say some of that stuff, but we can bilieve it is at least better than everything else than the yammi, and while you guys are debating about whether the honda or yamaha is faster, ill be waiting at the finish line sleeping, nothing can beat a dale!!!!...well of course a 70hp banshee could, but you get what i mean!!!!!

and again, dod you know that cannondale motors alone cost 2000 to make!!!!!!

Guy400
09-11-2003, 07:25 PM
aroracer, you have mad crabs? There's a special shampoo for that that your doctor can prescribe:D

Oh yeah, where's Tim Farr from? OHIO IN DA HOUSE!!!!! woot-woot:blah:

MIrider
09-11-2003, 07:42 PM
Suzuki has Doug Gust to ride for them.

aroracer72
09-11-2003, 08:00 PM
wow really!!!...i didnt know doug gust roode for SUZUKI!!!.....ddduuhhhhhhhhhh!!!....lol..we all know that, and im serious about what i said, and nOOOO i DONT have crabs....lol:blah:

cgmxer115
09-11-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by tprender
From what I have been reading that Tim has been riding a Yam for more than a month at the races but he goes and signs with Honda. Does that mean that he thinks that the Honda is better or was there more money. I go with choice 1.
Where did you read Tim was riding a Yamaha? He was on a Z-400 in the Pro-Production class all year long until he hurt his shoulder.

trx400ex
09-11-2003, 10:20 PM
Im sure Timmys bike isnt the one we can go out and buy, parts of it like the frame yes, but just because his is better than a Yamaha doesnt mean yours is. And for enough money i think we could get him to race a warrior. Hondas paying him a very large amount of cash to ride this bike im sure.

Im excited about this sponsership, dont really care about this "new" honda, but now atleast you have 2 GOOD choices if you want a quad to race....factory support will only get better and that means good things...