PDA

View Full Version : Would like advice about megamaxxII+Powerbong

ewalker302
09-11-2003, 12:53 AM
Hi,
My 400 has a megamaxx II slip on, lid on Uni filter, & is jetted properly.

Mainly I am interested if anyone here has installed a megamaxx II slip on then upgraded to the powerbong header & if its worth it.

My question is, will adding a powerbong header give me a noticable power increase with my current mods, or will it just be a waste of a couple hundred bucks.

Will grinding the header welds on my mostly stock machine make any more power that I could feel or is it not worth the work for a pretty much stock bike (same question on the powerbomb).

The only other mods I am planning to install is a sparks degree key, and maybe a 400xr head gasket to gain a little compression.

I have heard that these are good cheap mods for a mainly stock 400, anybody got any words on this?

I want to keep my bike as dependable as possible for now so I wont be installing any higher compression pistons, or bore kits until the need arises.

Thanks
:bandit:

firedawg805
09-11-2003, 08:50 AM
the mechanic at my local shop says the powerbongs are a waste of money for a very little change so i just went with the megamax II and have no complaints. Any questions about anything else, PM me.

speedy400
09-11-2003, 02:29 PM
thats what I have for my exhaust situation. I cant really tell for the fact that I instaled the powerbong at the same time I ported, and instaled my 416 kit. I LOVE MY KIT!!!!!!!I love shifting up going up hillclimes!!-darren