PDA

View Full Version : stock stearing stem....

hondarider2006
09-11-2003, 12:45 AM
well tonight my 4-wheeler did a couple of flips...and my bars didn't bend(renthals) but my stearing stem did. I was looking at aftermarket ones, and they are like $280:eek: I'm not really made of money, so I said what the hell and took out the torch and got it nice and hot and bent it back. I am gonna spary paint it black so it dosn't rust, but was my idea a good or bad one? and am I gonna pay for this down the road, like my stearing stem gonna snap off of anything? thanks in advance -Nick-

norrisboat
09-11-2003, 02:15 AM
I wouldnt ride if I were you. Now that you heated it up you have severly hurt the strength of your stem.

Im on my 3rd stocker. I bought the stock ones for 40-60 bucks.

09-11-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by norrisboat
I wouldnt ride if I were you. Now that you heated it up you have severly hurt the strength of your stem.

Im on my 3rd stocker. I bought the stock ones for 40-60 bucks.

I heated up an old bent stem a few times and finally the stem snapped and you wanna talk about gettin screwed in the woods. I had no way of getting the quad out of the bottom of this revean. Left it there for 2 days until i came back and replaced the stemin teh woods....:eek2:

Buy a new stem today before you get ina postion like i did..:(

Meek
09-11-2003, 10:52 PM
ROFLOL

Dave400ex
09-12-2003, 09:22 PM
Either get another stock one, or check with Arens and Burgard.

Pappy
09-12-2003, 09:23 PM
lol...sad part is ...i hate buying aftermarket stems....no matter who makes them.

but for the longer length its a must for me.

check ebay or get stock if money is tight

impalaboy
09-12-2003, 09:55 PM
:) Thanks for the feedback on this prior Q on repairing bent steering stems. I was thinking about heating mine up also to straighten it, after reading the feedback i beleive i'll just shell out the clams to purchase a decent stem! Thanks guys.

hondarider2006
09-13-2003, 12:58 PM
ok guys thanks for in info. I thought I had the stem straight, but its still hella bent. I am gonna order a new stocker....seeing as how my dealer has NOTHING in stock...:mad: