PDA

View Full Version : MegamaxII?

ReconRider25
09-10-2003, 07:57 PM
Anyone with 250ex or recon have a megamaxII? would just getting the slip on be enough or is the header worth the extra money? how much of a difference was there? not just bottom but any mid or top end gains?

brokeitin3
09-10-2003, 08:30 PM
dont buy the megamax, the construction is junk. the pipe is just painted a pretty silver color. get a slipon made from stainless or alum. if you have a 2002 or newer recon a system for a 250ex will bolt up. if you need to know anything else just pm me. my wife has a nice one. i recently did an engine swap from my 250ex(with the powroll kit) and installed a procircuit t-4, added works shocks, and a durablue axle. the axle from a 250ex is 1" wider than a recon also, but the nut that holds the hub on is a different size.

speedy400
09-10-2003, 09:11 PM
I'd have to dissagree, megamax2 is pretty much just a WB e series with a diffrent shape. they are bolth aluminum and disks.-darren

ewalker302
09-10-2003, 11:46 PM
I know U have a Recon,
But I have been very happy with my 400ex Megamax II slipon. I would think your results would be similar

You can adust the # of plates to help when dialing in your jetting, & other mods easily. Also you can put the quiet core in 2 different positions for further tunability, or take it out for max flow.

you can even take the end plate, and you airbox lid to make it rip on top speed runs.

I like it because it is very tunable for both noise and power level.

I've had mine on my bike for 3 years, & I just took out the packing planning to replace it for better flow, but it looked so tight i left it in.

Also the quality seems to be top notch I've had no problems removing the disc, or cannister screws for adjustments. Mine mounjted up perfectly to the original bolt holes, & has a heavy duty aluminum strap to hold the pipe in place.

Just my opinion, but the oval disk type pipes seem to produce less heat at the rear end, noticable of low end power on a stock bike and have a great deep tone.

The price is right also.
I do have to say my bike is mostly stock, If I was running a highly modded machine, or if you are planning to do some serious upgrades, I would go with a more expensive full system like a lrd or a Powerbong header & fat boy or t4 pipe if they make them 4 a Recon.

hope this helps some

:bandit:

brokeitin3
09-11-2003, 02:57 PM
made for a recon is an alum silencer but the connecting pipe is just a painted silver pipe. i purchased one from dennis kirk and returned it. if you dont believe me, buy it stick a magnet to it. if it stick its not stainless or alum.

brokeitin3
09-11-2003, 03:01 PM
if you wnat a complete system check out the supertrapp, only $189.99 for the complete system.

ewalker302
09-12-2003, 08:16 PM
Who ever asked if the pipe is alum or steel?

I like my megamaxxII

You have tons of tuning and loudness levels.

first U can run it w/ no endcap at all for max top speed

U can put in as few or as many disks as you like

and you can run the quiet core insert in 2 different positions,
or just take it out.

Go ahead & get it.

You'll like it

& don't go for the full system
A header isn't even even worth it on a stock 400, so im sure
you could get more for your money on a recon by skippin a full system.

ReconRider25
09-13-2003, 12:28 PM
thanks for the help i think ill get it:macho