PDA

View Full Version : 2 stroke help

bayou boy
09-10-2003, 06:27 PM
my daughter has an Extreme 100... a lil 2 stroke kid quad..last time we went ride after a while it just died...it has fire..checked fuel...so I did a compression test....it has 10 lbs. not good...I am thinking top end job but...... would it just die like that and not run? It ran good all that day till it died.....any feedback would be greatly appreciated.....

R-Crazy
09-10-2003, 07:34 PM
does the engine turn over without any unusual sounds or what not? wen u did the check, did you turn the motor over rapidly until u got as much compression as possible?

dave

bayou boy
09-10-2003, 07:40 PM
The engine sounds normal when turing over....no wierd noises etc. I turned it over for about 5 seconds..3 times when i checked the compression....thanks for the response

secret sauc002
10-08-2003, 01:14 PM
my cousin had a blaster that does the same thing. and its diagnostic is that either he philed a plug or he just blew the rings out of the piston agiain. this happens in two strokes from not beating the crap out of them. lol

wilkin250r
10-08-2003, 02:14 PM
If you blew a ring, this is a definite possibility. Imagine that a ring is going bad, but will still build decent compression and run ok. Then suddenly, the ring gives out completely, and builds no compression. This simple scenario would give you the "running one minute, dead the next" symptom that you are describing.

bayou boy
10-08-2003, 06:57 PM
thanks for your responses...since my last post I pulled the motor and took the jug off...bad ring with a big nasty grove cut in the cylinder, the good news is a new jug, piston and head is $100 you cant buy an overbore kit they are throw aways...wish my quad parts were that cheap

Colby@C&DRacing
10-08-2003, 09:02 PM
We sell the extreme machines. I will look up a price for the parts in the morning maybe we can save you some money:)