PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help With Swingarm Bolt Bad!!!!!

exracer
09-10-2003, 06:22 PM
does anyone have any tips on getting a swingarm bolt out
all comments are appreciated

CHAUNCY
09-10-2003, 09:16 PM
Im in the same boat as you...with a warrior:blah: Its stuck in there and it aint coming out....I think drilling is the only way....I have tried liquid wrench for days, took the sledge to it, punch, everything I could think of.....Its gonna come out one way or another:macho Any suggestions ?

JD400exrider
09-10-2003, 10:56 PM
Do a search. You will find more than you want to know or hear. Sounds like you have a battle on your hands. Try having one person turning one end while another is tapping on the other end of the bolt.

09-11-2003, 08:48 AM
Cut the mofo out is probably your only option at this point....:(

lil400exman
09-11-2003, 09:16 AM
lol i took my sawzall to it! had the mutha out in less than 5 mintues and all i had to do was take a peice of small rebar take a light sledge 2 lb head and knowck the sleeve out and everything and viola i was done man!:devil:

skidplate
09-12-2003, 04:11 AM
exracer,
How old is the quad? Mine is 2 yrs and last nite I just got mine out without damaging the bearings or swingarm. At first, I tried to beat it out, didn't work. Then sprayed much wd40 around spacers, or exposed collars. Rode the track hard, brought it back to the garage three days later. 4-5 smacks on the bolt, she broke free. Hopefully yours will be the same. Also, lots of prayer so I don't have to brake out the sawz all.
JB