PDA

View Full Version : 400ex and Z400 Question

400ex austin
09-10-2003, 05:22 PM
Alright I would love to know how this happend. I went riding with my friend that has a Z400 with full yoshi exhaust proflow jets and k an n air. Thats pretty much all he has on the engine. So my dad comes home with my 400ex which my friend hade been talk down sooo much, so we where playing around racing and i go hey lets drag my road. There is a spot on the road that its 1/4 mile so we race. I get him out of the whole and stay that way till the top of third then i get into to mid 5th and i get up to him and slowly pass him. So we did the 3 or 4 times i win every time. Now i was told when i got my 400ex that it was bone stock but i truly think that there is a 440ex big bore kit on it. The top part above the jug is much bigger than bottom and a differnt color but it has stock exhaust. We looked it all over and it looked like the rimes axel and A-arms have been taken off more than just at the dealer ship. So i think it was raced the parted and the guy didnt want to mess with takeing takeing the engine modds off. I just would like the here what you guys think of this.

Giz400ex
09-10-2003, 06:51 PM
It also depends on the rider too!!! Stock exhaust on a 440 doesn't make sense unless the guy sold his aft. and put the stocker back on:confused: :confused:

cals400ex
09-10-2003, 10:46 PM
possibly the throttle cable wasn't adjusted on the z. one of my friends had a z and it was a dead even race until top speed and then i pulled on him with my stock 400ex. his bike was stolen so he went out and bought a kfx. this bike pretty much waxed me. i don't know if it is the throttle cables or its just some run a lot better than others.