PDA

View Full Version : Quietest exhaust with best increases throughout the powerband

exrider123
09-10-2003, 01:59 PM
What is the quietest exhaust with the most increases throughout the power band?

speedy400
09-10-2003, 03:10 PM
seems to me mine(megamax2) is the best for what your looking for:)-if your looking to trade(your white bros) we might beable to get a deal goin;) -darren

exrider123
09-10-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by speedy400
seems to me mine(megamax2) is the best for what your looking for:)-if your looking to trade(your white bros) we might beable to get a deal goin;) -darren

I actually made this post for my bro because his LRD is way to loud for the area that we ride its one of the best pipes I've seen but its to loud so its currently on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2431460079&category=43978&rd=1. If you are selling you're megamaxII PM me with pics and price my bro is really interested. Thanks for the help.

4TraxRider
09-10-2003, 03:29 PM
I've got a Megamax 2 that i put on in the winter to ride around public areas, and love it. Not to loud, and gives a little added juice.

rhandw69
09-10-2003, 05:00 PM
I have the Full Yoshi system. I had the WB E series before this pipe, and the yoshi is quieter than it. Great pipe, strong durable and great increase in power.

400ex austin
09-10-2003, 05:14 PM
I hear yoshi is suppost to be very good my friend put it on his Z400 and it added a lot and it as a very nice sound

ewalker302
09-11-2003, 12:24 AM
Heres my advice.

I have a Megamaxx II slip on & i love it.

Around home I can run it with just the 10 discs that came with it installed (deep sound & plenty of added torque)

You can also decrease the # of discs to about 4 or 5 to decrease the sound level & gain even more low end & but will cut top speed slightly.

I have a riding area that has restrictions on noise & I can easily install the quiet core that comes with the exhaust & cut down on the sound quite a bit, you can even install the quiet core in 2 different positions to furter fine tune the exhaust sound.

I have to run the lid on my quad most of the time B/C I ride in a good bit of mud & deep water.

But if I get in a top end race, I can remove the lid and take the complete endcap off of the megamax to make it straight through, & it plain rips on top end.

If you need more flow you can order sets of 6 or 12 more discs for even more flow.

I know this is long, but he discs in the pipe act as their own approved spark arrestor, & has this etched in the endplate on the pipe ( if this is a concern wher you ride)

just my $.02 cents but unless you are building a full race or highly modded bike this is the best pipe I have found for the money.

I just wonder if I would notice enough power from a powerbong to justify the 180-200 bucks it would cost.

Good luck.
:bandit:

exrider123
09-11-2003, 02:20 PM
thanks guys bonds0033 is selling his megamax II so i might just pick that up gotta sell my Full LRD and get some money.