PDA

View Full Version : 300EX wiring AGAIN!

Harlock
09-10-2003, 09:06 AM
Hi All,

Is there anyone out there willing to help me with the 300EX wiring ?!?!?!?!?!

I have a 400EX service manual and a 250EX service manual, the closest to the 300EX is the 300EX, only problem is there's 7 wires on the 400EX diagram.
W
Bu
Bl
Bl/W
G
Br
Y/R

And on the 300EX there's 8 wires
W
Bu
Bl
Bl/W
Br
Bl
Y/R
Bl

So I'll give anyone the 400EX manual if they can only find me a 300EX wiring diagram, I'm desperate here .... please !

Or can someone just type out the legend section for me:
e.g.
300EX
Starter Switch
--------------------------
| | BAT2 | ST |
|FREE | | |
|PUSH | O-----+---O |
|COLOR| Bl | Y/R |
---------------------------

Engine Stop
| | GND | IG |
|OFF | O-----+---O |
|RUN | | |
|OFF | O-----+---O |
|COLOR| ?? | ?? |
---------------------------

For the Ignition switch, Engine Stop switch and Starter Switch. PPLEEEAAASSSSE

Quadman4941
09-10-2003, 12:14 PM
I did some investigation into the wiring when I installed my shock cord kill switch for MX. Are you trying to do that? I have a 300ex but not a wiring diagram.

Harlock
09-10-2003, 01:20 PM
Ah finaly :) what I need to find out is the wire colors you had when you installed your switch, did you add it to the start/stop switch wires?

Fuchs42
09-10-2003, 01:51 PM
wire it to coil (on the same wire as the spark plug) duh.

Quadman4941
09-10-2003, 02:12 PM
Well, it didn't make sense to me when I tried to do it. I blew about 5 fuses. I visited the Honda dealer the day after Thanksgiving, and they weren't very busy, so the Service Manager spent some time with me and showed me where to wire to. I will need to go home and look at the wire colors. Get back to you tomorrow.

Quadman4941
09-11-2003, 06:55 AM
The steering shaft runs from handle bars, down below the plastics, between 2 electronic boxes (cdi unit(s)?). 1 box is posted to the left frame/support (left of steering stem) and is smaller than the other that is posted to the right frame/support (right of the steering stem). On the inside of the box to the right there is 6 wires coming out of it. The top-most wire should be blue and I think orange. I have troubles with red and green so I am not sure that the color is orange. It could be green or red, but the other color is clearly blue. The dealer instructed me to connect my red wire from the new shock cord kill switch to this blue and orange wire on the right box. I am pretty sure that I connected the black wire from the new kill switch to ground somewhere. I would have to dig further into it to find out. The key is the blue/orange wire from the box. Just have extra fuses handy. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

exman
09-11-2003, 07:19 AM
Connect one wire to frame (ground), take the other wire and run it to you box...as sitting on the quad its mounted on the right side of frame under the fender. Look for a black wire with yellowish stripe on it. Shave this wire so you see bare wire and then hook the other wire from kill switch to it and tape.