PDA

View Full Version : For The Love Of God Where Are The Pics Of The Trx 450?

cody anderson
09-10-2003, 07:11 AM
PLEASE WHERE ARE THEY????!?!!!!?!?!?!?

Pappy
09-10-2003, 07:12 AM
why do you care yammy boy:blah:

09-10-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
why do you care yammy boy:blah:

YEah beat it yammi boy...:blah:

cody anderson
09-10-2003, 07:13 AM
who said I wont have a Honda too?

Pappy
09-10-2003, 07:14 AM
cody wants to see what the front end looks like...cuz he will get plenty of time to stare at it from behind:bandit:

RiPPiNiTuP7
09-10-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
cody wants to see what the front end looks like...cuz he will get plenty of time to stare at it from behind:bandit:

:eek2: :devil:

cody anderson
09-10-2003, 07:17 AM
Yeah right... I think they will both be really close as far as power... Therefore... rider input.

Jnine
09-10-2003, 08:05 AM
Sorry Cody.. Nothing to get excited about. When you see it you will understand. I don't think it will touch the Yamaha. I've seen it for a month, and it's going to make Yamaha very happy. To top it off, two of the test riders both BOUGHT YFZs in the past month if that tells you anything.

Pappy
09-10-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Jnine
Sorry Cody.. Nothing to get excited about. When you see it you will understand. I don't think it will touch the Yamaha. I've seen it for a month, and it's going to make Yamaha very happy. To top it off, two of the test riders both BOUGHT YFZs in the past month if that tells you anything.

you get them frames done yet:confused:

300exOH
09-10-2003, 08:10 AM
Looks fake to me but...

jcv400ex
09-10-2003, 08:13 AM
:eek2: The plot thickens! I do think Honda will have a hard time topping the Cannondale or the YFZ. I just do not think they have it in them anymore.....things aren't looking to good for Honda. This could be the worst year for them. The CRF450f bike, the Rancher 400 and the Rincon MIGHT save them from total defeat in the offroad world. But I'm predicting them to be number 3 in sales this year.

465Stroker
09-10-2003, 08:13 AM

Ouch - Let the truth be known...

FourFiftyFour
09-10-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
:eek2: The plot thickens! I do think Honda will have a hard time topping the Cannondale

But thats a given... CANNONDALE RULES!! :devil: hehe

400grl
09-10-2003, 08:19 AM
:huh That's not the most uplifting info I've heard all day......

:ermm: (what Mr. Aren's said....)

JustRace
09-10-2003, 08:21 AM
LONG LIVE THE 400EX!!!!!!!! :macho

freakystone
09-10-2003, 08:23 AM
I am going to buy a Honda generator this year. ;)

I am not convinced that the photo is totally real. However, if it is real it looks like that frame is indeed aluminum to me. Look closer.

I am disappointed in the tires. What about steel braided brake lines? Is it electric start? Kick? Both? Push Start? What?

Pappy
09-10-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by 465Stroker
Ouch - Let the truth be known...

and you ride a :devil:

Jnine
09-10-2003, 08:25 AM
Why does everyone think it will be an aluminum frame?

Pappy
09-10-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by freakystone

I am disappointed in the tires. What about steel braided brake lines? Is it electric start? Kick? Both? Push Start? What?

the kick start only is what is turning me away:ermm:

Ryan
09-10-2003, 08:28 AM

Just because it was a rumor going around for a while.

I just hope the trx450r will be priced around the ltz400 :ermm: .

freakystone
09-10-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Ryan
Just because it was a rumor going around for a while.

I just hope the trx450r will be priced around the ltz400 :ermm: .

I doubt it...

YZROOSTINYA
09-10-2003, 08:36 AM
the 04' R1 is gonna SPANK the Honda cbr 1000rr(and gixxer)

same as the trx450x if thats is what it looks like

this is YAmmi's year!!!!

to TAKE THE LEAD once and for all

edgerat
09-10-2003, 08:40 AM
Pappy,
The CRF is very easy to start. I wouldnt let a kicker stop you from owning one. Not saying that I like it but dont let that stop you. Course my YFZ will be kick only soon as well. The YZ/YFZ's are not any fun to kickstart compared to the CRF.
Isaac

Ryan
09-10-2003, 08:41 AM
This sucks :( .

I wonder when we'll find out the specifications on the trx450r?

FASTeR
09-10-2003, 08:56 AM
Well knowing honda, i doubt very seriously it will be priced with the z400, prolly right around 7, since the rincon is about 100 more than the other big ute's this thing will prolly be more. Thats an expensive set of wings.. I wouldnt bet on the aluminum frame, if you want that over 7k is more realistic. And thinking more power from an engine that dosent produce as much in the dirtbike world as the yfz, why would one think it would produce more here.. Honda taking a step back with the single over head cam and couldnt manage to use 4 titanium valves just 2... hmm

Juggalo
09-10-2003, 10:08 AM
the crf only has 2 valves??

wilkin250r
09-10-2003, 10:09 AM

Because that's the only way to make it better than the YFZ... :ermm:

RiPPiNiTuP7
09-10-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Juggalo

4 valves.;)

FASTeR
09-10-2003, 10:10 AM
no.. its a 4 valve head with 2 titanium and 2 stainless valves, the yamaha is a 5 titanium valve setup.

Ryan
09-10-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by FASTeR
no.. its a 4 valve head with 2 titanium and 2 stainless valves, the yamaha is a 5 titanium valve setup.

And you got this information from???????

Juggalo
09-10-2003, 10:14 AM
ok i see what your sayin

Dan_Guetter
09-10-2003, 10:18 AM
Damn.........ooohhhh i like

nice quad

RiPPiNiTuP7
09-10-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by FASTeR

lol, well if ya wanna get technical:confused2

09-10-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Juggalo

noooo, if the new honda isnt that special and i buy something for motor it will be yfz, the yz bike builds more power than the crf and honda probaly detuned the **** out of it, whats up with manufactuers and these gay dinosaur shaped plastics, they should m ake the plastics all like a 250r or 400ex on everything

09-10-2003, 10:44 AM
Welp i just took it out for a spin and it's a slug....:ermm:

I'll keep ma 416...:huh

RIjon
09-10-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Welp i just took it out for a spin and it's a slug....:ermm:

:confused: :huh :eek2: :confused:

jcv400ex
09-10-2003, 10:51 AM
SHift, if you where as cool as you THOUGHT you where, then you'd be at the dealer show right now instead of logged onto exriders. picture poser! You ain't got no pics! :devil:

09-10-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
SHift, if you where as cool as you THOUGHT you where, then you'd be at the dealer show right now instead of logged onto exriders. picture poser! You ain't got no pics! :devil:

i bet he's wearin a fox shirt right now tooo....:mad:

jcv400ex
09-10-2003, 10:58 AM
i bet he's wearin a fox shirt right now tooo....:mad: :eek: He wears fox too!? Oh man........:cuss:

freakystone
09-10-2003, 11:00 AM
Did I miss something? What is wrong with wearing FOX?

FASTeR
09-10-2003, 11:50 AM
90% of posers sport fox wear. as its available at pacsun and gadzooks.

freakystone
09-10-2003, 11:53 AM
oh.:confused:

Ryan
09-10-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by freakystone
Did I miss something? What is wrong with wearing FOX?

Read the Fox Poser's thread.

Dan, I think everyone is just yankin your chain ;) .

trueblue450
09-10-2003, 12:14 PM
OH THE HONDAS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE YFZ>..

haha whats up now honda boyZ :mad: :scary: :bandit:

JTRtrx250r
09-10-2003, 02:16 PM
if its the pic I saw(weve all seen)it dont look like an aluminum frame to me....if so its the skimpiest by far:eek2: :huh

hessianmx111
09-10-2003, 02:32 PM
i bet he's wearin a fox shirt right now tooo....:mad:
roflmao :devil:

54warrior
09-10-2003, 02:35 PM

post another picture and your 3rd post will be your last

flyin#5
09-10-2003, 02:50 PM
hey at least we still have the 250r:ermm:

dont get yourself down. some people could just be messing with you about it being crap. its very easy to do when you have the power:devil:

monkeyboy
09-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by 54warrior

post another picture and your 3rd post will be your last

kikkk ez azzz offf herrr:mad:

:cool: :cool:

86atc250r
09-11-2003, 10:55 AM
Jnine wrote: Sorry Cody.. Nothing to get excited about. When you see it you will understand. I don't think it will touch the Yamaha. I've seen it for a month, and it's going to make Yamaha very happy. To top it off, two of the test riders both BOUGHT YFZs in the past month if that tells you anything.

Tim Farr signed with Honda if that tells you anything about how serious they are. I bet that made Yamaha happy, or knocked the suits out of their leather chairs.

If you are discounting the new TRX from being a serious contender, I'm thinking you're sadly mistaken.

Sure, Yamaha came a long ways with the YFZ and they deserve credit, but they HAD A LONG WAYS to come too. Honda only needed minor tweaks and a killer engine --- looks to me like they did what they needed to do.

Yamaha didn't "one up" Honda with the YFZ - they FINALLY made par, they just announced a few months sooner - in the coming season that won't matter at all.

Neither quad will dominate straight out of the box - both will make an excellent platform for building something that will.

If some are disappointed that this new Honda didn't come with an aluminum frame or EFI - you had your sights set too high. You also really need to think twice about how much you really want those things too - Aluminum won't make it lighter & EFI will make it heavier, more complex, less reliable, and more expensive to modify.

We all need to be thankful we have these kinds of choices now - 5 years ago the sport was dying and you had your choice between two different colors of Banshees - that's it.

400grl
09-11-2003, 10:57 AM
Very well put.....

Castor-426ex
09-11-2003, 11:10 AM
thats my dad lmao jk

SlapNutz
09-11-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
Very well put.....

:blah:

freakystone
09-11-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by 86atc250r
Tim Farr signed with Honda if that tells you anything about how serious they are. I bet that made Yamaha happy, or knocked the suits out of their leather chairs.

If you are discounting the new TRX from being a serious contender, I'm thinking you're sadly mistaken.

Sure, Yamaha came a long ways with the YFZ and they deserve credit, but they HAD A LONG WAYS to come too. Honda only needed minor tweaks and a killer engine --- looks to me like they did what they needed to do.

Yamaha didn't "one up" Honda with the YFZ - they FINALLY made par, they just announced a few months sooner - in the coming season that won't matter at all.

Neither quad will dominate straight out of the box - both will make an excellent platform for building something that will.

If some are disappointed that this new Honda didn't come with an aluminum frame or EFI - you had your sights set too high. You also really need to think twice about how much you really want those things too - Aluminum won't make it lighter & EFI will make it heavier, more complex, less reliable, and more expensive to modify.

We all need to be thankful we have these kinds of choices now - 5 years ago the sport was dying and you had your choice between two different colors of Banshees - that's it.

I respect your opinion but I have to add my two cents since I am the one eating a bit of crow. A year or so ago I made a post about Honda and how they would not create a race ready quad since this business is about selling the most quads, not selling a few of the best.

Now that the new TRX is out I really dont know what to think. I am not sure Honda even made the right choice. The non-electric start kick start only indicates that they are indeed focusing on the race ready market. However, if that is the case why did they opt for the Dunlops? Would it not have made more sense to give a more race ready tire? Now I know people are going to point out that racers will replace the tires anyways. So if that is the thinking that Honda employeed, why didnt they just put the old 400EX shock on instead of a pair of slightly better shocks with rezzies? Those shocks are going to be replaced with Elka's, TCS or Axis by the racers.

Knowing that racers are going to only use the quad as a starting point, them mod the h3ll out of it, why didnt they go for a larger audience and install a removable electric start like the YFZ?

I hope the Honda is a perfect handling rocket but at least on paper and visually, it looks like the only thing that makes the new TRX better that the YFZ is the "Honda" sticker.

For now I will putz around on my slow @$$ quad which has a heavy aluminum frame, a heavy and complex fuel injection system, aluminum shifter and brake pedal, steel braided brake lines, hydraulic clutch, with the price tag of a staggeringly high $3800 brand new.

86atc250r
09-11-2003, 12:17 PM
Tires are a much smaller investment than shocks. Another reason may be politics -- A more "race ready" tire like a RAZR weighs a lot more, making the TRX's numbers look worse on paper. Honda has to be very near the claimed weight of the Yamaha or suffer sales. Dunlops won't cost them a single sale.

I'm also confident Dunlop cuts manufacturers good deals on OEM tires.

Shocks-
I think you'll find that many local racers will be able to get by just fine on either the YFZ or TRX shocks, either stock or rebuilt/revalved - which is not the case on a 400EX, hence saving a good portion of the riders money in the long run.

Heck, even with as many sets of aftermarket shocks as I have - I may use the OEMs if they're decent and can be rebuilt.

Hard to say on the electric vs kick option. I'm still up in the air on this one. I really like the fact that they went kick - but I really like my magic button as well.

Maybe it was cost cutting? Consider this - had they put electric on it, charged YFZ prices, then charged +/- $300 for a kick start kit, would the $800 cost be worth the choice to you? Not me, I'll deal with the kicker & less weight.

I will tell you one thing - on the starting line during a dead engine start, I've been beat more than once out of the hole by the kick start quads.

Personally, I think with the TRX450R's config and the Tim Farr announcement Honda's setting the stage for something we've been missing for a long time -- yearly updates and competition between manufacturers, something that will benefit us all.

As far as YFZ vs TRX - from what I hear from the dirtbike crowd the CRF is a better overall engine. As far as the quads go, I'm liking the looks of the TRX chassis better, a much smaller engine box, a great Honda front end setup, etc. Frame appears to be more compact and structurally sound.

This is how it should be - minor differences. One model will appeal to some, the other will appeal to others. On the track, the best rider will win.

BTW - it's great to finally have some decent discussion on this topic...

Burl Swift
09-11-2003, 01:42 PM
For those of you thinking its fake or who are looking for information...this is off of the Honda site:

Link (http://powersports.honda.com/preview/prevTRX450R.html)

Burl Swift
09-11-2003, 01:47 PM
Doh!

I didn't see the new TRX450 forum...I'm a dork.

JTRtrx250r
09-11-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by 86atc250r

We all need to be thankful we have these kinds of choices now - 5 years ago the sport was dying and you had your choice between two different colors of Banshees - that's it. Yep...what he said,and when Suzuk-asaki steps up it will be even better w/ more choices,and at the track :macho

250xex
09-11-2003, 02:29 PM
I dont know how serious they are about racing cuz on the specs it says it has 450cc, im not positive but would it have to race in the open class? Maybe they are hopeing they will change the cc limit to 450, i dunno. I dont know if this has been posted before, so sry if it has. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

400grl
09-11-2003, 02:36 PM
I believe it's OK to race 450cc's in the Pro-Production class....does this mean Honda might start backing riders (like Kawasaki)?? Wouldn't that be AWESOME!!

86atc250r
09-11-2003, 02:39 PM
Honda signed Tim Farr to be a factory rider...

400grl
09-11-2003, 02:41 PM
Oh....you said that already huh? Sorry 'bout that!! That's COOL!!!! :) Now we need contingencies and stuff!!! :D

goin2shock
09-11-2003, 03:19 PM
http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/332000-332999/332086_30.jpg

my custom pic comparing 400EX and 450R

MXQUAD294
09-11-2003, 08:41 PM
.http://e.domaindlx.com/TimmyK/MVC-022S.JPG

motoxpress
09-11-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by MXQUAD294
.http://e.domaindlx.com/TimmyK/MVC-022S.JPG

:eek: :eek2:

pnut420
09-11-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Burl Swift
For those of you thinking its fake or who are looking for information...this is off of the Honda site:

Link (http://powersports.honda.com/preview/prevTRX450R.html)

Looks like a 400ex with a CRF engine, I hope not:p

bmw500hp
09-17-2003, 09:17 PM
Hey motoxpress...........

Spent last week fishing up on Mirror Lake and the Provo River..You guys have some REALLY beautiful areas at your fingertips.

Loved the fishing but I think my associates got somewhat tired of hearing me say "man I wish I had my quad"!

Being from West Virginia, we hope to return to Utah soon to again fish and definitely ride some of that beautiful terrain. :D