PDA

View Full Version : St. Joe State Park / Flat River

Moto92
01-29-2002, 11:25 PM
Is there a web site or anyplace to get riding info for Flat River in MO. Ive heard before that its a good riding spot and would like to check it out.

whoops
guess I wasnt in the where to ride forum after all :mad:

RIKR4X
01-30-2002, 04:09 PM
hey! thats where i ride,great place. i use to have a pamphlet on st.joe,I"ll try and find it. lots of sand and woods (rocks).

400exdad
02-02-2002, 09:22 PM
Fearthis, In 2000, my son and I went up there for the Flat River Grand Prix, it was a great, long race. Rocks, hills, sand, and dirt. Pretty tough terrain in spots. That was held outside the normal park riding area. The race is very cool because you ride through town and then start the race, 3 at a time, grand prix style! In 2001 we went up with our friends and rode the park area. It was nice, not huge, but good for a weekend. The day parking area is first class and if you plan to camp with electricity get there on Thursday. Heres the link to the web site: http://www.mostateparks.com/stjoe.htm

Great riding!

02-10-2002, 09:30 PM
I live about 30 minutes from st joe.It's alright.It is crowded on some weekends though.On the weekdays u can go there and there is like nobody there at all.

The trails are rocky and rutted.Some trail maintance needs to be done.There are some deceptive mudholes.There are some very very steep hills also.

If U have fast bike There is always people drag racing out in front of the parking area.It is really a blast.I can't wait to get my 330 motor and some paddles and go down there and have a blast.

There aren't that many jumps really.There are alot of whoops.it isn't sand it is chat.It was part of an old mine.The mine is still there.That is where the flat river grand prix is held every year.My dad won 4th place in 1983 on a 250r threewheeler.U can't ride where the race is held though.Even though I do see tracks by the where the mine is.There used to be an awesome hillclimb there.They toke it out and put in a new hwy though.It can get awful dusty.but when it rains it is awful wet.try and go about 3 days after a good rain if possible.

I have been going there for ever so if U want anymore info just E-mail me.That picture of my 250r in the readers rides section is at st joe.

TrX250r86racer@cs.com

02-13-2002, 12:47 PM
You may want to check out fingers lake state park in Columbia, mo as well. This is an old strip mine area with alot of trails and a moto-x track. There is also a place in coulterville, il- It is called the coyote club- good for atv's

iski3
02-28-2002, 09:30 AM
Come down to chadwick, MO. It is one of the largest woods trail riding areas in Missouri.