PDA

View Full Version : DuraBlue Wheel Spacers

DaveEX7
09-09-2003, 08:46 PM
Since Im getting bigger and bigger my quad semms to be getting a lil tipsy the past 2 weeks so Ive been thinking about purchasing DuraBlue EZ-FIT Wheel Spacers.

I know I can just flip my rims but its not that easy on a 250ex, first the air stem will rub against my brake rotor and eventually it will get snapped off so if I wanted to flip the rims Id have to dril a new hole and instal a new air tube....... I dont feel like putting a hole in my rim if I dont haveto so what do you guys think about the wheel spacer idea.

*This is only for the front 2 tires.

300exOH
09-10-2003, 07:43 AM
I have them on my 300ex and I like them. I'm using the standard one(not the EZ fit). If you're going to widen the front I'd recommend adding in the rear too. I think you'll be happy with them as long as you aren't hitting large jumps. Mine tend to loosen once in a while so I'd use some blue loc-tite just in case.

dirtmomma
09-10-2003, 08:50 AM
I run spacers on the front & rear of my 300ex & LOVE THEM!!!! I would ride w/o them,well actually they aren't on the front right now but I have +3 arms, when I flattrack I run the front ones, wider is better!! I have 2" on rear & 1.5 (Ithink) on the fronts & I do believe they are the easy fits on front. I would definetly get them it's worth it & much better than flipping you rims the 205ex's ride so much beter when widened & lowered if you can, my sister in law has one & it looks good. Good luck;)

JD400exrider
09-10-2003, 11:01 PM
Dave I have some spacers for sale if interested. Much better than durablue. 1 1/2" each side for a total of 3" wider. They install just like the durable ez spacers but Much Stronger. I took them off the front after two rides. Bought some new a arms. Still running a pair on the back with no problems. $50.00 shipped to your door. PM me if you are interested.

DaveEX7
09-13-2003, 10:08 AM
Ok, heres what Im gonna do.. someone said wider is better so Im gonna purchase the wheel spacers then once I have them on Il flip the front rims again and get 3 more inches out of the front so It will be a total of about 6inches.... and I will haveta purchase the rear spacers because I dont think I need a front end thats a foot longer then the rear.

Thanks.

Moto440
09-13-2003, 10:26 AM
Dude, spacers suck. I don't want to upset anyone, but they are not much good. I think they make your quad handle worse, and they can cause problems. I had them on a Raptor, and I took them right off. They were not very good. No good replacement for wider arms and axles. My first couple of quads I bought everything but what I needed. biilet parts, and wider footpegs are kind of a waste when you are running stock shocks, a-rms, and axle. I would reccomend people buy these first if you want to get faster.

ride300exrider
09-13-2003, 01:02 PM
i agree with moto440 if u get new arms and shocks u will be way faster even arms with stock shocks. with spacers u leave the tire out more and the shock still mounts to the same spot. when u get wider arms u move the shock mount out. that makes it ride better because u get what spacers would do and more.
but u have to comeup with the money. if u dont have the money try spacers first.

jasoncarr25
09-13-2003, 01:24 PM
if you want to buy used set i have plus 3'' for the rear ill sell for $30 plus shipping.they are for a honda

DaveEX7
09-13-2003, 07:43 PM
I just got done talking to my dad about the wheel spacers and from what he told me, Im starting to re-think the spacers for 2 reasons.

1) I cant hit jumps in size of 40 feet or larger cause the spacers will snap.

2) I hear that they are a royal pain to get on cause you have to remove the studs from the old hubs, and Im not good with that stuff.

So I dunno.... the quad is gettin engine work done on monday and Il ask my mechanic what the best thing to do it, because remember I have a 250ex (229) and not one company makes extended a-arms for my quad.

QuadJunkies
09-14-2003, 10:34 AM
I chose an offset rim instead.:) They are great for some types of riding, and in others the Bump steer sucks......:grr:

dirtmomma
09-14-2003, 10:45 AM
Yeha I started out w/ front spacers,w/ wheels inverted but man I got a ton of responses saying I was going to ruin my spindles!!! So I had our welder widen my stock arms +3 a side then I still ran my spacers for quite awhile, then I took them off awhile ago so I'm just running the wider a arms & i'm starting to like it, I guess I just needed to get more confidence on the sport quad since I was coming off of a utility & our blaster which sits so low it just about scrapes the ground:eek: so it couldnt' roll!!! Guess you can say I have a fear of tipping, but ANYWAY if you can I would go w/ offset rims or see about getting some wider aarms!! Good luck!!;)

DaveEX7
09-14-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Yeha I started out w/ front spacers,w/ wheels inverted but man I got a ton of responses saying I was going to ruin my spindles!!! So I had our welder widen my stock arms +3 a side then I still ran my spacers for quite awhile, then I took them off awhile ago so I'm just running the wider a arms & i'm starting to like it, I guess I just needed to get more confidence on the sport quad since I was coming off of a utility & our blaster which sits so low it just about scrapes the ground:eek: so it couldnt' roll!!! Guess you can say I have a fear of tipping, but ANYWAY if you can I would go w/ offset rims or see about getting some wider aarms!! Good luck!!;)

Kenny told me that Burgard Cycle carries 300ex +1 - +3 extended a-arms and they would fit a 250s and itd be great cause I was planning on having 300ex shocks on my quad. So I hope it turns out good.

Thanks for the help.

Out_Sider
09-14-2003, 01:02 PM
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! i bought spacers that just screw onto your existing studs. but i put them on and flipped my rims and it addd 6.5in to my front end, but look at what happend because of it!!!
MY calipers are exposed, and my disks are exposed!!!!
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/3205/my_front_suspension_003.jpg

DaveEX7
09-14-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! i bought spacers that just screw onto your existing studs. but i put them on and flipped my rims and it addd 6.5in to my front end, but look at what happend because of it!!!
MY calipers are exposed, and my disks are exposed!!!!
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/3205/my_front_suspension_003.jpg

Is your rear the stock size, or do you have extenders in the back.

nacs400ex
09-14-2003, 04:40 PM
Spacers are crappy. I hate them. The reason why is it bends your wheels studs. Then its even more fun getting them off. Have fun. I would rather flip the rims.

DaveEX7
09-14-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
Spacers are crappy. I hate them. The reason why is it bends your wheels studs. Then its even more fun getting them off. Have fun. I would rather flip the rims.

If you read my first post I said that I cant flip them cause the air stem will get snapped off cause it rubs against the brakes.

Diedrich
09-14-2003, 10:12 PM
look man this is how u flip your rims..u take the old valve stem out and turn it around so it is stick into the rim..then u drill new holes in the other side and put a new valve stem in there..its real easy..took me about 20min to do it and cost about $1

09-14-2003, 10:18 PM
flip the rims dont use those crap spacers. unless you feel like worrying about your rims falling off and bending tie rods and stressing out spindles.

nacs400ex
09-15-2003, 01:08 PM
Wel I did read your posts, and I just thought most people would assume I meant to switch the valve around. But I guess you didnt so... do what diedrich said.

DaveEX7
09-15-2003, 08:55 PM
Il ask my mechanic what he can do w/ it and Il let yanow how it turns out.

RideRed250ex
09-17-2003, 07:52 PM
Man there are a lot of mixed opinions about the spacers and rim flipping but i thinkn rim flipping wins overall...ohh and its tons cheaper for the limited budget...like mine...