PDA

View Full Version : Lawnmower man seeks higher power (battery man)

knighttime
09-09-2003, 07:55 PM
i have "chunks of acid" fallin from the + - terminals of the battery. Is this normal:ermm: or is there somethin like a sizing issue goin on or is it corrosion:confused: , or somethin else. :uhoh:

All help appreciated. I'll b workin on the belts, oil change, deck removal and blades while this question is out floatin around.

:confused2

:bandit:

Pappy
09-09-2003, 07:57 PM
lol...if its "chunks" id say you have a corrosion issue. dump some coca cola on the terminals and then rinse it off with water

knighttime
09-09-2003, 07:59 PM
ill clean it with coke :uhoh: and grease it up and be good to go :bandit:

PAPPY RULES:macho

killed300ex
09-09-2003, 08:00 PM
from what i get its somewhat normal but i would take some steps to prevent it. ! get a ternimal cleaner clean the top of the battery and wire really god get all the acid crap off of it then hook it up and put some elctric grease on it i forget what they call it exactly but that should keep the corosion stuff from coming back up thats what we do at the farm i work at at least
killed

knighttime
09-09-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by killed300ex
from what i get its somewhat normal but i would take some steps to prevent it. ! get a ternimal cleaner clean the top of the battery and wire really god get all the acid crap off of it then hook it up and put some elctric grease on it i forget what they call it exactly but that should keep the corosion stuff from coming back up thats what we do at the farm i work at at least
killed

Pappy
09-09-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by killed300ex
killed

coke and vaseline.....

ill sell all that fancy crap...and when i install a battery it gets coke and vaseline:D

knighttime
09-09-2003, 08:03 PM

skemp
09-09-2003, 08:08 PM
You know, I feel great drinking a nice cold Coke knowing that I can also use it to loosen seized bolts and clean battery terminals... :uhoh:

09-09-2003, 08:10 PM
Ya, all that bacteria it kills.