PDA

View Full Version : Russel break lines...

Tommy 17
01-29-2002, 08:54 PM
i figured i would tell yinz about my friends new ss brake lines... they are made by edlebrock(the carb people) and they are really nice.... they are silver, bolted up great, and stop on a dime, i like them better then my fast lines... figured i would telll yinz about this new break line i never heard of b4 till tonight... they cost 125$ for the front and back... i will try to get a pic... they are called russel break lines....

01-29-2002, 10:46 PM
you can see a pic and get them pretty cheap (currently on closeout) at dennis kirk.

they do work well but is anything an easy install on an atv???

just my .02

knighttime
01-30-2002, 07:37 AM
The brake lines are easy to install. Also all stainless braded brake lines should perform pretty much the same. If one performs better than the other it would be due to brake pad condition and whether the lines were bled correctly. And yes 440EX4me it does seem like not everything is easy when installing aftermarket parts. The lines must be bled correctly when installed for the brakes to work right. Buy a brake bleeder.

trx400ex
01-30-2002, 06:05 PM
are these lines worth the 150$? i have the stockers right now and have never ridden on aftermarket lines.......im gonna be racing mx and wondering if there a good investment

Nausty
01-30-2002, 06:22 PM
I have thought about brake lines but I wanna get other stuff first. But like when you guys do endo's and stuff do you have more 'feel' in the front brakes than before kinda like a dirt bike? because it seems on my 400ex the only way to balance a endo is all the way in or all the way out and the middle isn't really consistant.

Tommy 17
01-30-2002, 07:39 PM
well when i first put on my break lines i tried some endos and really didn't like them... so i can't help u out much nausty... but trx they are def worth it...b4 i would go into a turn and i would have to grab the breaks really hard... well now i just start to tap them and i if i grab them really hard i can go into the turn alot later then i use to... its def worth the 130$ for fast lines...

Ex'rMike
01-31-2002, 07:47 PM
I just ordered them from Dennis Kirk and the total was under 90.00 for the pair. Russell is top quality when it comes to race cars. So they have to be top quality in the atv market too.

ExerMike

01-31-2002, 08:42 PM
I recently made the switch to ss brake lines and like the feel of it. I to think it is worth the price. It does not require as much force to "Lock up" the brakes as before, not that I like to lock them up, but I definetly notice more stopping power with less force, and again, I like the "feel" they have.

Once ExerMike gets his "Russell" brake lines on, :rolleyes: we will let you know the difference, if any, of the Russells versus my Fastline brake lines.

02-01-2002, 06:50 PM
EXERMIKE

I think you should have paid like 56.00 + 6.00 handling for the fronts.

Well thats what kirk billed me.

did you get the rear also?

02-01-2002, 07:36 PM
Yeah, ExerMike got the rear Russell brake line too..... he needs all the help he can get to go faster:D

Ex'rMike
02-01-2002, 08:37 PM
I ordered two complete sets. Shipping is free. The two set (front and rear) cost me $175.00 and some change. That comes out to less than $90.00. Dennis Kirks charges you $6.00 if you do not spend over $100.00 on your order. Some type of service fee or something.
Mr. Ex'rMarlin..... This weekend, catch me if you can at Tower City. We will see who is the fast one......:devil