View Full Version : My frame is screwed up

Ralph
09-09-2003, 01:44 PM
damn im pissed, and the worse thing is i have no idea how it happend....

http://www.randrcoatings.com/images/frame1.jpg
http://www.randrcoatings.com/images/frame2.jpg
http://www.randrcoatings.com/images/frame3.jpg
http://www.randrcoatings.com/images/frame4.jpg
http://www.randrcoatings.com/images/frame5.jpg

GOMER007
09-09-2003, 01:45 PM
that sucks time to get the old welder out:ermm:

09-09-2003, 01:46 PM
well at least it isn't tweaked like mine to were the entire frontend geometry is jacked all the &*%$ up...:mad:

I suggest ya get yourself a belly skid buddy...:scary:

Honda4trax250x
09-09-2003, 01:47 PM
thats nasty!:scary:

250x#93
09-09-2003, 01:51 PM
that sux:(

Ralph
09-09-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Rico
well at least it isn't tweaked like mine to were the entire frontend geometry is jacked all the &*%$ up...:mad:

I suggest ya get yourself a belly skid buddy...:scary:

didnt think id need a belly skid at ruasch creek mx... i might spend the l/t money on the arens frame if it ever comes out:rolleyes:

09-09-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
didnt think id need a belly skid at ruasch creek mx... i might spend the l/t money on the arens frame if it ever comes out:rolleyes:

My next suggestion is learn were the throttle is and start clearin the jumps instead of casing them.....ROFLMFAO

:devil:

Tommy 17
09-09-2003, 02:03 PM
ralph my frame is like that by the foot peg... it hasn't cracked yet and i think its worse then urs... urs is longer but mines flatter...

XANDADA
09-09-2003, 02:04 PM
My next suggestion is learn were the throttle is and start clearin the jumps instead of casing them.....ROFLMFAO :devil:

:eek: :blah:

Ralph
09-09-2003, 02:12 PM
heres the pics of the the quad itself and i as far as i know i havent cased one jump thats why im still confused bout how it happend, it musta been a rock

http://www.randrcoatings.com/images/400ex3.jpg
http://www.randrcoatings.com/images/400ex4.jpg

09-09-2003, 02:16 PM
as far as i know i havent cased one jump

Now Ralphy you should know better than to lie to your elders....:o I've never cased nor wrecked my quad..matter of fact I've never even sat on the POS..

:D

DEAL
09-09-2003, 02:18 PM
Yeah my quad took a few hard hits on the underside. So I run a belly skid now.
I realized I needed it after landing from a jump and taking a rather large chunk out of my dg belly skid....

Ralph
09-09-2003, 02:30 PM
Now Ralphy you should know better than to lie to your elders....:o I've never cased nor wrecked my quad..matter of fact I've never even sat on the POS..

:D

at the ride i didnt case one:eek2:, and if i did case a jump wouldnt both sides be bent?:muscle:

09-09-2003, 02:32 PM
and if i did case a jump wouldnt both sides be bent?:muscle:

Not if ya jump cock eyed like me....:confused2

You know i'm just yankin your chain don't ya...:D

Ralph
09-09-2003, 02:44 PM
Not if ya jump cock eyed like me....:confused2

You know i'm just yankin your chain don't ya...:D

im gonna kik you:mad:

lol, yeah i know... whatever im happy my check for 3500 came for my banshee. 1200$ profit

09-09-2003, 04:13 PM

lol, yeah i know... whatever im happy my check for 3500 came for my banshee. 1200$ profit

well with that kinda loot we should be seein you and tammy at HM unless your skeeeeert ta get your dress muddy on the trails....:scary:

Ralph
09-09-2003, 04:19 PM
well with that kinda loot we should be seein you and tammy at HM unless your skeeeeert ta get your dress muddy on the trails....:scary:

tell kenny to be at my house at anout 6:30:macho

F-16Guy
09-09-2003, 04:23 PM
An OEM frame is only $450.44 from Service Honda, that's not too bad for a frame. It's a pain in the *** to swap all those parts over, but look on the bright side, you can grease everything and fix all the little stuff that's wrong with it in the process.

09-09-2003, 04:25 PM
oh quit your whinin, all you need to do is get your welds rewelded and get i pced or paint it, or just buy a new stocker

im gettin a new stocker and get it gusseted , last me another year or 2

09-09-2003, 04:25 PM
Throw a good gussett and PC job in with that and for about $750 you got yo self a good sturdy frame...:blah:

And what F-16guy mentioned about doin an overhaul on all the movin parts is a great idea too.

Now get ta work and tell us how it's comin along....:grr:

09-09-2003, 04:29 PM
ahhh i get mine gusseted for 75 bucks, then i just buy the paint matches and it lasts fine, u dont need pc, your frame will end up cracking most likely no matter how good its gusseted, when it does u can get it welded and touch it up with spray pain looks good as new

09-09-2003, 04:32 PM
My frontend is tweaked pretty good from catchin a tree with the last nobbies of the tread on the outside of the left front tire. 3rd gear hammerin down..:mad: Well it not only hurt like hell but it tweaked my frame pretty dam good. It causes the steering to get tight turning to one side compared to the other.. It sits crooked too...:ermm: And you can see in the bottom of the frame right under the tie rod ends at the steering stem,,it's got a low bent spot that water will puddle up in just on the one side. But there's not a crack, pc chip, nuttin anywere on the front end..

Ryan
09-09-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
An OEM frame is only $450.44 from Service Honda, that's not too bad for a frame. It's a pain in the *** to swap all those parts over, but look on the bright side, you can grease everything and fix all the little stuff that's wrong with it in the process.

Thats really cheep for a frame! But it gives me a good idea to what I should do with my Blaster :) .

09-09-2003, 04:34 PM
thats some strong pc, how come you havent bought a new stock frame yet?

remlapr
09-09-2003, 05:00 PM
My frontend is tweaked pretty good from catchin a tree with the last nobbies of the tread on the outside of the left front tire. 3rd gear hammerin down..:mad: Well it not only hurt like hell but it tweaked my frame pretty dam good. It causes the steering to get tight turning to one side compared to the other.. It sits crooked too...:ermm: And you can see in the bottom of the frame right under the tie rod ends at the steering stem,,it's got a low bent spot that water will puddle up in just on the one side. But there's not a crack, pc chip, nuttin anywere on the front end..

Rico - when did you do this??? U gonna ride it like that at Hatfield - or borrow a bike from the Pappy dream quad garage??

Ralph
09-09-2003, 05:13 PM
just wait till you see it after the winter, she is getting torn down early, and im working my *** off to get some nice stuff... for 750 to get a stock fromae, gusset it, and oc it i will just save my pennies for an aftermarket. but hopefully i will have acess to a welder soon and maybe i can learn to weld a little...

lil400exman
09-09-2003, 05:27 PM
just wait till you see it after the winter, she is getting torn down early, and im working my *** off to get some nice stuff... for 750 to get a stock fromae, gusset it, and oc it i will just save my pennies for an aftermarket. but hopefully i will have acess to a welder soon and maybe i can learn to weld a little...
some guy in the for sale forum is selling a oem frame and subframe for 300 a possible idea?:D hope i helped!

batgeek
09-09-2003, 05:34 PM
Ralph,

i think you got the one 400ex frame that was made in a Suzuki Z400 factory :p

Ralph
09-09-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
Ralph,

i think you got the one 400ex frame that was made in a Suzuki Z400 factory :p

i said it was screwed up not destroyed:blah:

check your glasses...your seing in L's

ILGNCC400EX
09-09-2003, 06:12 PM
Ya swapin over a frame is a B*I*T*C*H......it makes a good winter project!! Hey Rico i bent one the EXACT same way one time...A buddy of mine owns a body shop....and he said he could straghtin it....i said no chit!!!!! To make along story short he straightened it and you couldn't even tell!! Maybe you might wannaa check into that...Save you alot of time and $$$$

Andrew400ex
09-09-2003, 06:19 PM

did i tell u that u wouldnt get 4 thousand for it? and didnt u say"o,so guys buying it for 4200" yea i offered 3500 and it sold 3500.i,wuz,right.

by the way that suckkks bout ur frame:cool: :rolleyes:

Ralph
09-09-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Andrew400ex
did i tell u that u wouldnt get 4 thousand for it? and didnt u say"o,so guys buying it for 4200" yea i offered 3500 and it sold 3500.i,wuz,right.

by the way that suckkks bout ur frame:cool: :rolleyes:

maybe if u werent such a little ****head i woulda sold it to you, i actualy didnt want to sell it to you because hyperfracer told me you are a waste of time... whatever im hapy

09-09-2003, 06:55 PM
Ralphy you know you can't be usin words like that...:ermm: