PDA

View Full Version : What a crock of chit

09-09-2003, 12:54 PM
My Lonestar axle appears to have the splines slowly wearing away at the sprocket hub. It has plenty of play in it..enough to make me think it will wear itself down to nothing real soon.

Here's the kick in the nuts http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/nutkick.gif part about it. It's not covered under warranty and a new one is like $135 :eek: Looks like the stocker will be goin back in sooner than i thought...:ermm:

Rip_Tear
09-09-2003, 01:04 PM
It's pretty sad when the stocker is better then the aftermarket one! That sucks Rico!

lil400exman
09-09-2003, 01:19 PM
how many times have we said not to buy lsr products? rpm dominator with race splines..........now theres an axle:devil:

OCCRA288
09-09-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
how many times have we said not to buy lsr products? rpm dominator with race splines..........now theres an axle:devil:

That's also a very close to empty bank account.

09-09-2003, 01:38 PM

My lonestar was $250 brand new... Show me a RPM for that price and i"m sold.... Also when i bought the LS RPM axles were not popular and ran around $500 for 1... NO spank you......:blah:

lil400exman
09-09-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Rico
My lonestar was $250 brand new... Show me a RPM for that price and i"m sold.... Also when i bought the LS RPM axles were not popular and ran around $500 for 1... NO spank you......:blah:
but still see you have to pay 250 twice for lsr and if you bought a rpm 1 time you would be set and still come out the same pretty much........:)

09-09-2003, 01:49 PM
but still see you have to pay 250 twice for lsr and if you bought a rpm 1 time you would be set and still come out the same pretty much........:)

Hub is $130 so total i'll have $380 which is still cheaper than a RPM i think.. Anywho, sorry but the money tree was pretty clean when i bought the Axle..:ermm:

QuadTrix6
09-09-2003, 01:54 PM
i got my RPM for 230 shipped :devil: it was barely used

09-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6

wonder if it's still slightly bent after it was straightened:confused:

Plus most of ya don't ride hard enough to bend a pencil much less an axle so your threats of tearin one up are nonexistant.....:D LMAO

Doibugu2
09-09-2003, 02:18 PM

Plus most of ya don't ride hard enough to bend a pencil much less an axle so your threats of tearin one up are nonexistant.....:D LMAO

I think you were supposed to end that sentence with "******"

But Rico you just need to learn how to ride smoother. When I followed you for like two 2 secs at H/M I think your tires where in the air more than on the ground.

09-09-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
I think you were supposed to end that sentence with "******"

But Rico you just need to learn how to ride smoother. When I followed you for like two 2 secs at H/M I think your tires where in the air more than on the ground.

Less friction that way...makes me faster....:D

lil400exman
09-09-2003, 02:33 PM
Less friction that way...makes me faster....:D
lol u wish u had friction rico especially with the ladies.........:eek:

anywhereEx
09-09-2003, 02:57 PM
lil400exman, you got it all wrong. He wants less friction! Think back to the hatfield pictures "RICO'S ******"

:eek:

It was said she had no teeth thus keeping friction to a minimun:confused2

QuadTrix6
09-09-2003, 03:01 PM

hmm sounds like you should check the "proper shock setup" thread. :ermm:

im not sure if your familiar with auctions (ebay) but thats how i got it so cheap. i checked the rear axle run out and can assure you its not bent :eek: And even if it was bent then straightened RPM takes care of there customers, there not like LSR.

Doibugu2
09-09-2003, 03:13 PM

Hmmm, someone is looking to get banned. Making fun of the mods!:blah:

QuadTrix6
09-09-2003, 03:15 PM
Hmmm, someone is looking to get banned. Making fun of the mods!:blah:

no just trying to help out a fellow exrider, this isn't the open forum, maybe you should try to help someone out sometime :ermm:

Pappy
09-09-2003, 03:16 PM
i just called RPM....

if you arent the original purchaser of a new RPM axle...you get no warranty (i can agree with them there)

if you sprocket hub loosens or fails...no warranty period.

so...id say they are about the same as LSR as far as thier warranty on the actual product goes. and as far as buying frm ebay.....only warrantied if purchased from an authorized retailer. standard consumer warranty.

so dont feel bad rico....when quadtrix jacks his up he his fuggg'd too

QuadTrix6
09-09-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
so dont feel bad rico....when quadtrix jacks his up he his fuggg'd too

hmm , good point pappy, but i believe a receipt would be sufficent proof correct ? :devil: :eek:

Pappy
09-09-2003, 03:23 PM
hmm , good point pappy, but i believe a receipt would be sufficent proof correct ? :devil:

only if it meets thier criteria. a reciept proves a consumer purchased a product at a certain price. if it doesnt come from someone thye recognize as an autorized retailer...your fugg'd. thats not just RPM thats alot of companies

ranger400ex
Everytime Quadtwix posts....I feel a little dumber.....
:confused:

Ben

QuadTrix6
only if it meets thier criteria. a reciept proves a consumer purchased a product at a certain price. if it doesnt come from someone thye recognize as an autorized retailer...your fugg'd. thats not just RPM thats alot of companies

what if the receipts directly from RPM :eek:

Pappy
09-09-2003, 03:25 PM
what if the receipts directly from RPM :eek:

then you should be fine....as long as its the axle shaft. but if its the sprocket hub...which is what this post is about....YOUR ****ED TOO

QuadTrix6
09-09-2003, 03:26 PM
then you should be fine....

OK thanks for the INFO :cool:

Pappy
09-09-2003, 03:27 PM
OK thanks for the INFO :cool:

exactly...now what info did you have to give to rico:confused:

QuadTrix6
09-09-2003, 03:29 PM
exactly...now what info did you have to give to rico:confused:

my original post was to get a used RPM for much cheaper than a new one, i got a good deal on ebay and thought i would try and let him know so he can get a good deal...follow ? he started with the flame that my axle is probably bent and straightened and we went from there :scary: , no hard feelings, no flames intended :cool:

this is what i said and what rico responded, maybe you missed it ?

Doibugu2
09-09-2003, 03:35 PM
no just trying to help out a fellow exrider, this isn't the open forum, maybe you should try to help someone out sometime :ermm:

If you go back and reread Rico's first post he wasn't looking for any help.

2nd, I don't put little notches next to my bed post for all the people that I have helped on Exriders.

3rd, your signature and custom text under your user name pretty much explain how you feel towards this site.

QuadTrix6
09-09-2003, 03:42 PM
If you go back and reread Rico's first post he wasn't looking for any help.

2nd, I don't put little notches next to my bed post for all the people that I have helped on Exriders.

3rd, your signature and custom text under your user name pretty much explain how you feel towards this site.

1. sorry i thought he had a problem with his axle and instead of going back to stock i said maybe get an rpm for cheap off ebay

2. neither do i , but i atleast try to help people on here, answers some questions, and learn a thing or two, i don't just post smilies or socialize, not saying you do, just members in general

3. learn to take a joke, i love the site or i wouldn't come here. lighten up man you guys are getting so serious on me :blah:

09-09-2003, 04:01 PM

Come down to hatfield and if you can hang with me you'll understand why mine, most others and yours will come off the ground a whole lot if...and that's a big IF..... you got the hammer down....:D

MOFO
09-09-2003, 04:59 PM
LMFAO, that wont happen Rico. I'd put a paycheck on it...

Taco
09-09-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
LMFAO, that wont happen Rico. I'd put a paycheck on it... Don't you get paid in Farva beans tho:confused:

forum
09-09-2003, 05:27 PM
i bought and rpm about 10 months ago and havent used it all that much on my 426. the sprocket hub has play in it already!. just keep using it till it starts sliping. my old x-33 did the same thing for years and it was fine up untill it broke!

09-09-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by forum
i bought and rpm about 10 months ago and havent used it all that much on my 426. the sprocket hub has play in it already!. just keep using it till it starts sliping. my old x-33 did the same thing for years and it was fine up untill it broke!

Well I'll buy that for a dolla....:D

Well I'll be puttin my stock axle back on for the winter XC racin,,and savin the wider one for next years MX and GNCC <----which are wider than the winter series course..:ermm:

Taco
09-09-2003, 05:37 PM
Well I'll buy that for a dolla....:D

Well I'll be puttin my stock axle back on for the winter XC racin,,and savin the wider one for next years MX and GNCC <----which are wider than the winter series course..:ermm: Why its not like you'll run any GNCC's next year:devil:

wyndzer
09-09-2003, 05:42 PM
My Lonestar axle appears to have the splines slowly wearing away at the sprocket hub. It has plenty of play in it..enough to make me think it will wear itself down to nothing real soon.

Here's the kick in the nuts http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/nutkick.gif part about it. It's not covered under warranty and a new one is like $135 :eek: Looks like the stocker will be goin back in sooner than i thought...:ermm:

My sprocket hub stripped out on my LSR and they put a new one on under the warranty. I just sent them the axle and it came back fixed.

Pappy
09-09-2003, 05:43 PM
quadtrix....ditch the sig

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73016

QuadTrix6
09-09-2003, 05:46 PM
quadtrix....ditch the sig

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73016

sure, a pm woulda been nice

Pappy
09-09-2003, 05:47 PM
you can keep the pep stuff just ditch the lock down stuff

09-09-2003, 09:41 PM
hey rico mine does it too,i cant complain i got 2 seasons of hard use out of it, time for a new one, no biggy, mine stays nice and tight after i grease the carrier and the grease comes through the splines, odd i must say, i have no complaints about my axle