PDA

View Full Version : Headlight covers, handgaurds,and shock protectors

01-29-2002, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the Ideas on the other things guys. I beginnig to put together some things to add to my 400ex. This being new to me, I am gratefull for the help. Do you guys know where or what kind of headlight covers, handguards, and shock protectors I should get. Thanks for the help

cron-ex
01-29-2002, 08:43 PM
you could get the headlight guard [if thats what you mean] from the exriders store. I think the cyrca handguards are the coolest. And on ebay, you can get a set of 3 shoccovers for pretty cheap. Oh, and the nacs headlight guards are pretty cool too.

Tommy 17
01-29-2002, 08:51 PM
nacs head light covers...
acerbis rally pro handguards...
outwears shockwears... heres a pic of the shock wears and handguards for ya...

01-29-2002, 09:04 PM
If you wrap your arm aroudn the bar when you turn dont get the guards that go in the bar end, i recomend maier or ufo flair style hand guards, and nacs headlight covers and nacs or shockwears shock covers, rebel wears are also nice with the zip up design

Nausty
01-29-2002, 09:21 PM
I think hand guards are a waste of money on a quad spend that $30 on a k&n filter:cool: It doesn't seem like you would use them really because the fenders and front tires would block everything but tree branches along trails.

JOEX
01-29-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
I think hand guards are a waste of money on a quad spend that $30 on a k&n filter:cool: It doesn't seem like you would use them really because the fenders and front tires would block everything but tree branches along trails.

Those tree branches can HURT!

In my opinion, you should buy protection for both machine and rider before buying performance mods.

Joe

mysticfalcon
01-30-2002, 12:49 AM
Hand guards can save your *** i came very close to getting thrown off one time flyn through the woods when a branch hit my brake lever and jerked my quad. There on my todo list of stuff but im unfortuanately poor right now with my land i bought

01-30-2002, 10:37 AM
IF ya don't have front fenders and you get behind a pissed off built 400ex in a race and there throwin a roost out that could break a finger,,,hand guards are real nice,,so are chest protectors..:D

RideRed400EX
01-30-2002, 10:38 AM
Handguards are great but DON'T ride MX with them. I can up short on a double, flipped over the bars and end with two sprained wrists. Make note...

Tommy 17
01-30-2002, 02:13 PM
i never had a problem wiht mine... the protect well and i can actaully get on the gas alot more then i use to on trails bc i don't have to worry about sticks or jaggers hittin my hands... mine are really scrathed up from stuff hittin them....

TRFOXX
01-30-2002, 02:15 PM
Handguards are a must for trail riding my opinion.

mitty_ex
01-30-2002, 04:28 PM

Fenders and tires do block some things, but sometimes they block stuff upward right to the handle bars. Also handguards will save you from bending your clutch and brake perches. Believe me I know. Now that I have em, don't know how I rode without em

Poncho
01-30-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by JOEX

Those tree branches can HURT!

In my opinion, you should buy protection for both machine and rider before buying performance mods.

Joe

I agree.You should buy stuff like that instead of pipes and other things.You can buy those things on down trhe road.:D

400exRacerX
01-30-2002, 05:30 PM

The fenders don't protect you from another riders roost that is in front of you pelting your hands!

Poncho
01-30-2002, 07:03 PM
headlight covers=nacs racing
handgaurds=don't buy them unless you just love em
shockcovers=shockwears by outerwares:D

400exBro
01-31-2002, 11:44 AM
nacs headlight covers work great, and i think maier makes had grauds as well.
The only thing is that watch out with the headlight covers that they don't pop off. happened to a friend of mine, because he DID NOT follow instructions, plus nacs instructions are excellent.

Live2Ride300
02-02-2002, 03:17 PM
what are the best handguards to get?

TRFOXX
02-02-2002, 07:40 PM
I really like my Acerbis handguards, Check them out!
www.acerbis.com

mysticfalcon
02-02-2002, 08:32 PM
Those acerbis mx flag handguards are cool would they work on a 400 they dont list any quad mounting kits on their webpage but since a bunch of u guys have em they must make em or one of the dirt bike kits will work. what would i need to do to get some of those on my 400

02-02-2002, 09:26 PM
I'm pretty sure the Flags are for Dirtbikes only. Teh ones most us have are the Rally PRO. They have the aluminum reinforcement in them. They fit good and have good hand clearance. They run about 80$ or you can get the Rally Brush, they are just molded plastic and are strong too buy cheaper.... 60$ Each one of them come in about 10 different colors.

TRFOXX
02-02-2002, 09:53 PM
Get the Acerbis Rally Pro's they are really strong and look great.

kid300ex
02-02-2002, 10:49 PM
Acerbis Rally Pros?

How do they fit on to the 300ex? Could some one show me a picture of what they look like on a 300ex please?

02-03-2002, 07:51 AM
There ia a pic of a 400 at the beggining of this thread, they would look just like those on a 300ex. they mount the same way..