PDA

View Full Version : axle? hub? rim? tire?

KASCHAK
09-08-2003, 07:17 PM
my right rear tires wobbles side to side. when im riding. i thought it was my axle but i dont think it is because i dont get thrown around the the tires wobblen not the whole quad. i thought i might be the rim. but its not? the stems on the hub are straight? what else could it be. the tie is on right two. i checked that? what in the world could it be? but on the other side, the left. the hub isnt flush with the axle. like when its sitting maybe the top will be a little bit higher then the bottom. hard to explain. but thats not the side that wobbles??

09-08-2003, 07:25 PM
if we talkin rear tire/rim & wheel is tightened ...probably the hub has come loose on the axle ...just a guess

JOEX
09-08-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by KASCHAK
my right rear tires wobbles side to side. when im riding. i thought it was my axle but i dont think it is because i dont get thrown around the the tires wobblen not the whole quad. i thought i might be the rim. but its not? the stems on the hub are straight? what else could it be. the tie is on right two. i checked that? what in the world could it be? but on the other side, the left. the hub isnt flush with the axle. like when its sitting maybe the top will be a little bit higher then the bottom. hard to explain. but thats not the side that wobbles??
No offense but the only thing I understood out of that is your right rear tire wobbles side to side. Just guessing, i'd say the inner part of the rim is bent. The flat part where the lug studs go through.

Try putting the rear end up on a stable stand like a milk crate. Fire it up, put it in gear and let the axle and wheels spin to see what is out of whack. Look at the axle, may be remove the wheels to see if the it's the hubs.

Just some ideas, Joe

KASCHAK
09-09-2003, 06:59 PM
sorry i didnt explain it right but i did all that suff. the rim is bent were it goes on the hub. :mad: i need new rims anyway these rims are bent alot

GNCC#829
09-09-2003, 07:29 PM
How are the bearings?