PDA

View Full Version : WNYOA series "rapture" results

660bigdaddy
09-08-2003, 04:35 PM
congrates to cbrslider, winning the B class and finishing 10th overall!! even though he was heading the wrong way on the first lap! :huh and also congratulations to MEL, finishing a close second in the vet A class. the course was 6 miles long of nothing but tight woods,rocks and roots. nothing like taylortown...
yfzracer 3rd in 4stroke C
big daddy 3rd vet A

ILGNCC400EX
09-08-2003, 07:18 PM
Good job bigdaddy holdin up for us old guys!!!!!! :eek2: Glad to see that, that sark plug boot stayed on....If things come around i am gonna try to be at the ironman....Hope you can make it! I still cannot get that DURN avatar to work!!! it keeps sayin that it is too big..i wanted to throw my comp out the window!!! lol

Booth440ex
09-08-2003, 07:28 PM
i would like to congraduate cbrslider on his win in the 4-stroke B class. and i would like to thank Mel for letting me tag along with him to the races. at every race i had alot of fun. i'm hopeing to make it to a couple more this year good luck to you all that finish out the season

rbm300ex
09-08-2003, 07:38 PM
I was there too, expecting a dusty, dry, rocky course & it turns out it had been raining there last week and was pretty muddy. I got a lowly 8th in 4stkC I believe, still waiting for the results to be posted on the website though to find out for sure. I always like that tight wooded course even though the rocks get bigger as the race progresses. Felt sorry for the guys with Raptors & other wide rides though....kept having to find ways around them:) Hopefully make it to another, it was a beautiful day and the family had fun too!
(and the Bills won!)

MEL
09-08-2003, 08:04 PM
booth440, anytime! glad to have you along.
bigdaddy, you know as well as i do, if it weren't for that western new york jumping tree, you would have won. that was one of the best races we've have in a long time. 1st-5th place were bumper to bumper for the first two laps. and ray, congrats on another first place finish.

CBRSLIDER
09-08-2003, 10:55 PM
Thanks guys. It was a real eye :huh opener haulin *** down the trail only to have someone haulin *** right at you. Felt good to finally win one after a long dry spell.

Congrats are definately in order for Bigdaddy and YFZRidder who both finished 3rd in their classes at wnyoa AFTER racing Taylortown the day before. The rapture is no easy race. It is as tight as it comes. For some of you that have ridden the wnyoa series and never been to the rapture, it is worse than any other track for difficulty. I love the slower speeds and more technical layout. It is definately my style. But back to those two above. They worked their butts off to both do well at the gncc then hauled butt home to do it again on sunday. My hats off to you both. I couldn't have done it. That's why I was a spectator at the gncc.

Congrats to MEL for a good finish after some time off. Hope to see you at another race or two.

Booth440ex, if you want to head to a race and MEL isn't going just hit me up and we can hook up. Not a problem here. You just have to promise me you won't beat me at the race. he he

Ray

CBRSLIDER
09-08-2003, 11:12 PM
Thanks guys. It was a real eye :huh opener haulin *** down the trail only to have someone haulin *** right at you. Felt good to finally win one after a long dry spell.

Congrats are definately in order for Bigdaddy and YFZRidder who both finished 3rd in their classes at wnyoa AFTER racing Taylortown the day before. The rapture is no easy race. It is as tight as it comes. For some of you that have ridden the wnyoa series and never been to the rapture, it is worse than any other track for difficulty. I love the slower speeds and more technical layout. It is definately my style. But back to those two above. They worked their butts off to both do well at the gncc then hauled butt home to do it again on sunday. My hats off to you both. I couldn't have done it. That's why I was a spectator at the gncc.

Congrats to MEL for a good finish after some time off. Hope to see you at another race or two.

Booth440ex, if you want to head to a race and MEL isn't going just hit me up and we can hook up. Not a problem here. You just have to promise me you won't beat me at the race. he he

Ray

popo
09-09-2003, 01:08 AM
Way to go Ray. I sent ya a beer filled donut. Do staties even eat donuts?

660bigdaddy
09-10-2003, 02:43 PM
Felt sorry for the guys with Raptors & other wide rides though....kept having to find ways around them
no need to feel sorry for me and my rappy. we loved the course.:D
btw, look out for kngncc91 on his yfz. he's gonna be ready for the next race. loaded for bear.

rbm300ex
09-10-2003, 09:42 PM
I saw someone had a brand showroom new YFZ there sunday as I was walking around waiting for the bikes to finish & the quads were lining up. A cruel break-in for the quad even if it is a yammy:D I wonder how it faired? I mentioned the raptors because there was one with orange plastic that started next to me in C that seemed to be catching trees frequently:confused2 I loved the course too & was glad I was'nt any wider and that I had 22" Razrs on the rear (those mucky ruts were gettin deep:) )

CBRSLIDER
09-11-2003, 08:46 AM
That was (KN)GNCC91. He actually faired quite well on a machine he never rode before.