PDA

View Full Version : 250ex pipe and jetting

250exmaster
01-29-2002, 07:07 PM
Hi i want to know about some of your experiences you had with your pipes (good or bad), your jets, where you ordered your stuff and who installed it?

i am looking towards the graydon proline exhaust and i am looking to get my 250 jetted,,, in a picture of the correct jet i saw a drill bit(rocky mt. catalog),,, do you have to drill anything?could i install it myself i am sorry if this anoyes any body but i think it will help many 250ex'ers

TRX250EXER
01-30-2002, 04:41 PM
In some jet kits they come with a bit I think so you can drill out the pilot or something but There is no need. Especially in a 250ex. I got my pipe and K&N and ended up going back to my stock jetting. It rund too rich otherwise. Maybe go up 1 size in the main but thats it. Unless you are getting a new header too, you might not need to rejet, matters where you are located. I recommend the e-series if you dont want to do a lot of jetting. I kill my friend now and he also has a 250ex. My next mod is to get 20 inch holeshots, that way I have a little better bottom end, my top end is high enough, I top out about the same as a slightly modded 300ex but it gets there a heck of alot faster! hope I helped.

250exmaster
01-30-2002, 05:13 PM
cool i was looking into the graydon proline full exhaust system,,, if i was to buy the jet kit could i install it myself. what would i have to do?

roostfrom250ex
01-30-2002, 05:15 PM
Got a graydon full system, modified air box w/k&n, and different jetting.

Go to PM if you want to talk about these.:cool: