PDA

View Full Version : Canadian ATV Nationals Schedule and Results??

Quad18star
09-07-2003, 09:09 PM
Anyone know where I can find the schedule and the results for the Canadian ATV Nationals???A Link? , a website? A phone number???

Rip_Tear
09-08-2003, 10:11 AM
no idea, but if your talking about the race at RJ's yesterday, Banks won on his Raptor, not sure of the other places, but Thomas did wicked on his KTM 580! (I didn't think it was a 580 but thats why the annoucer said. 400exbro might have some pics, I am pretty sure his dad got a few.

brim400ex
09-08-2003, 10:41 AM
Try www.cmrcracing.com, you should find it there.

brim400ex
09-08-2003, 10:42 AM
www.cmrcracing.com

400exBro
09-08-2003, 04:49 PM
cmrc racing...

RJ was **** for me, worst i ever did in my life!!! i was off the ball the whole day, i didn't even try the finish line double, which is easy, i have hit bigger jumps then that before... o well i had fun, but the track is not what i thought i was...
Rip_Tear you were there?? wtf did you say hi...
O thomas KTM is a 450, i believe a 520 bottom end and a 450 top end, i am not sure..

I know Jasmin got first, Banks is running up in the top 3... Jeff Defoe is running up there to on his KTM 510 i believe...

Rip_Tear
09-08-2003, 05:10 PM
Ya, I was with Nac's (Craig) and his friend...

400exBro
09-08-2003, 05:57 PM
and you did not say one single word... holy **** man, not even Craig said anything... damn man that totaly sucks, i wanted to meet you... were you there when we were talking to thomas and adam parks??

Rip_Tear
09-08-2003, 06:00 PM
yes, the whole time, I did say Hi to you. I thought you knew it was me.

nacs400ex
09-08-2003, 06:59 PM
Yeah, Timo I thought you knew it was him. He wasnt the one with the fro. He has short hair. I am affraid I would own that track in Junior class Timo, Mostly cause I have gone there every wednesday, and I can do every jump there except for the two huge doubles in the bottom section, oh and the triple LOL. RJ's is so easy too, for me any ways. The jumps arent as forgiving as some other tracks, cause they arent all tables. But I love the elevation changes, I hate tracks that have generally flat terrain. Cause on that track I can keep up with Bob Delaney in the pro class on my 400ex. I know I am gunna do ****ty at the other tracks though, cause I have never ridden them before. I bet you will beat me a gopher next year. Oh well usually people are better at their home tracks.

400exBro
09-09-2003, 05:10 AM
ya i know what you mean, i am really fast at goper dunes becuase i know the lines... i want to race the next one on oct and i will do better and i will jump that double, when seeing it on tape, it looks so easy to clear, like you siad 3rd 1/2 throttle...

no i didn't know who the other 2 guys were, i thought they were your buddies... i didn't think that Rip_tear would show... o well i will probably try to go the the next RJ race...

Fibe Industries
09-18-2003, 12:22 PM
that double is first gear hahah you guys going to gophers, craig if you want to go get your dad to drop you off at my house in the morning dont bring your friends ill have a full load. I think im taking mezz but not sure yet
peace
parks

nacs400ex
09-18-2003, 02:07 PM
Well I know it was like 2nd pinned on the 400ex. But it was slow as hell. :o I got the bolt kit for the R, its getting PCed this week. The R probably would be first gear, but we will see. I told Timo to hit it 3rd 1/4 so that way he will clear it for sure, not case it. Even if you case it, it wouldnt hurt too bad. I cased it when I tried to do a turndown off it the first time, and I didnt feel it that bad, but my rear is revalved, yours isnt Timo.

Adam, I will call you if I am gunna go.

400exBro
09-18-2003, 03:44 PM
don't worry i will do it. 3rd 1/4, i will do it half first... if i over shot, i tend to overshot by a lot so it will probably hurt..

forum
09-18-2003, 10:38 PM
if you can keep up to bob dilaney on a good day you are faster then the majority of riders. that said Im not sure if I buy that. not saying your lying but he might have been off that day. bob is fast!. Gopher flat out sucks as a track. rj's is the best track in the area by far. Thos two doubles in the back arnt hard really. me and denny were doing them last year. again im not saying anyone is lying or i dont believe them, espiacialy nacs cause i've never seen him ride. BUt the bull**** stops when the gate drops. I expect to see all you guys at gopher this weekend for the poker run. craig if your saying your as fast as dilany I think i wanna come after you:devil:

Are you guys talking about the double right at the front thats actualy a triple?? timo. its nothing even if you do case it. last year i was thinking about tripling it but decided no chance casue no one else does anyway. the track could have changed since last year tho. but from what i saw on tv it hasn't

forum
09-19-2003, 06:19 AM
no takers??:D

you racin yet craig? if rj's is easy your not goin fast enough

GREG. you gotta come out and show these rookies a thing or to. talkin all this trash.;)

Fleshwound
09-19-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
I am affraid I would own that track in Junior class Timo, Mostly cause I have gone there every wednesday, and I can do every jump there except for the two huge doubles in the bottom section, oh and the triple LOL. RJ's is so easy too, for me any ways. Cause on that track I can keep up with Bob Delaney in the pro class on my 400ex.

haha nacs you are howls...i find this very amusing...
how can you say sh1t like you would own jr class when you havent even entered a race yet. Also i very highly doubt that you are able to keep up to Bob he has been racing for many years. Was he on his hermmann bike? anyway even if you are able to keep up to him there are about 5 guys in jr that should be in pro and would be in the top half of the pro class anyway. One of the funniest things, is that you say RJs is so easy for you, haha, then you say you cant do 2 of the doubles and the triple...id say the track is bloody easy if i just cruised around the track and didnt do the harder jumps. if my bike aint sold by the oct.5th race at RJs i will be there for sure on my stock bike. i suggest you come out and give racing a shot, i am willing to bet you will have a very different look upon things afterwards!

Quad18star
09-19-2003, 09:45 AM
Next spring I'll be riding a new YFZ 450 Carl. I think I'm gunna go put a deposit on one around Christmas time . So the next RJ's race is October 15?? Looks like I might have to book some time off work and go see you guys race . You guys better all show up or i'm gunna be pissed that I drove 3 hours to see no one show up. So like I asked before in this thread , You won the nationals ?? Where can I find a website that shows all the results from each race?? Also does anyone know of any full blown race bikes for sale down in southern Ontario?? Let me know . Lataz

thomas
09-19-2003, 12:24 PM
Greg ,Richards 330r is still up for sale.

Top 5 in Canada are

#1 R Pelchat
#2 E Mounier (spelling??)
#3 J Plante
#4 M April
#5 J Bank
According to Richard that is.
J Petker finshed 11 and Rchard Reath 13.

Plante and Bank are the only two riders to take motowins.
Plante missed 2 rounds. Bank had 3 DNF"s or he would be #1
I guess he is the only one who could say he owns any track!!

My KTM is a 450, and it is appart right now, a valve spring retainer broke. It was running on only 1 exhaust valve and 1 ring for the last couple of races. Dave Bell (anouncer) always likes to tell fish stories
Montreal Supercross is on the 27 Sept. PPV special so turn on your TV. We are planing on going. We will drive all night to get to Gopher.
If you guys were all at RJ's, why didn't anyone say hi? We don't bite!!!
Don't brag before you ever pulled up on a line!! I don't care how good you and how well you finish in any class, as long as you have the nuts to pull up on the line you are OK by me. So bring your Bikes to the next race.
Thomas

nacs400ex
09-19-2003, 02:06 PM
I was just stating that I can keep up with Bob Delaney at RJ's. I dont know if it was a good day or a bad day for him, how am I supposed to know. But it tired the chit outta me. I Can do the first double in the bottom section ( right after the whoops), but the HUGE double down their I havent tried same with the one out of the corner. ITs kinda hard when places dont get the right gaskets for your quad :grr:

But you guys are right I shouldnt be talking chit. Sorry, my bad. But I will be racing in the Junior Class next year, so then we will see how I fare up to you guys. I havent ridden any other tracks, for the fact, my dad is always busy, and I dont have a drivers liscense.

Thomas, I was at RJ's ( I phoned and talked to you about your peps) I was looking at you quad, with Timo and two other guys. We were talking about how their should be another class.

I might go to Gopher with Adam but I wont be racing, cause the R aint together yet.

400exBro
09-19-2003, 03:26 PM
Oh Chit!!!

Thomas and Denny you guys going to the poker run??
RJ is Oct . 4th or 5th? either one of those...
RJ is not my favorite track, mainly the way the owner preepared it for us atvs to clean it off, i was pissed when it was watered down... Well lets just say it wasn't my best race...
gopher is coming up and i am pumped, just hope we get some good weather and not this rain **** we got today...
But don't worry RJ i will be coming back and i will do better this time!!!!

Rip_Tear
09-19-2003, 04:07 PM
Well, if I make it to the next one I will make sure I introduce myself :D RJ's looks real fun, and I definatly want to ride there, Wednesdays are my worst day for classes though, 8 hours of class, 8-4 with an our break between. Thomas you were doing really good, a few times there we thought you were going to do the triple!

nacs400ex
09-19-2003, 07:46 PM
Thats ok Adric, I usually go at 5:00 anyways. If your classes end at 4 thats no big deal, but hey its up to you. Oh yeah, my dads selling the big enclosed trailer, and getting one that will fit 2 quads, with a work bench in front. We can also throw one in the back of the truck. Just PM me, if you ever wanna leave your 400ex down here, its not a problem at all. I could probably convince my dad to let me ride his 400ex until the spring.

Rm125
09-19-2003, 08:48 PM
**edit**

nacs400ex
09-19-2003, 09:01 PM
:eek2: RM :eek:

Quad18star
09-19-2003, 09:15 PM
What does Richard have done to his 330R??? If you have pics of the bike , can you please post them. Also , is there a number that I can reach him at???Do you know if he will be at RJ's??What does the bike have done to it?? You got me interested in it now . Also where is he from?? Thanks

nacs400ex
09-20-2003, 08:57 AM
Call him at 519 291 3435, I believe thats his number I found it in the forsale forum at fibeindustries.tk. He wanted me to buy his.

Fibe Industries
09-20-2003, 02:25 PM
Ive rode with Craig before (nacs400ex) and he is pretty quick, I also no him OK.. and hes not cocky or a brag on kind of guy. anyways Who is rm125 ,, ill tell you what next time you want to bash anybody on her like that, expessliy my sponsored riders ill give you a HEADBUT,, AND IF YOU DO RIDE A RM125 Iam sure that chuck mesley probllay sits ther laghing his *** off at you.. do you race? If you be sure to come to gophers and see me, im the big guy with the back brace. And ill have a quick word with you

RM 125 ......125 what a JOKE:eek:

the gates drod the bull**** stops .............reworded
the brace comes off and your face gets pounded:devil:

nacs400ex
09-20-2003, 04:49 PM
RM, I think adam wants to fight ya.

thomas
09-20-2003, 08:06 PM
rm 125, WTF.
Timo is a nice kid and is just out to have some fun. He is smart not to ride above his ability and get hurt. In your profile it says 125 Beginner not Pro, so I think you have a thing or two to learn. What's with the dirt bike?? Can't afford 4 wheels?? I also think you owe Timo an apology!!! Hope you get banned, we don't need this amongst friends, we all just want to share some stories and have fun.
Oh, I find it funny that I was racing when you were still in DIAPERS!!!
Sounds like Adam wants to tear you a new a***ole.

400exBro
09-20-2003, 09:24 PM
RM- were you the one that overshot a turn at RAT track and broke an arm? well at least i stayed on the track...

hey you can say whatever you want, man come to gopher dunes, it is the track i am always on.. it was my first time at that track and it wasn't the best experience...

i don't want to pick i fight with you becuase i know who you are... you are friends with Craig... so i am staying out of this, o i would be scared of Adam<- he is one crazy mofo, why do you think he is wearing a back brace?:D :eek:

Rm125
09-21-2003, 09:53 AM
lol...to everyone that flipped out, im just kiddin, yea your prolly all are cool ppl..dont wanna pick no fights....just like to bring forums to life:p yea timo, at least you go out and race, and try your best...unlike alot of other spodes, who just ride to try to be cool....and i also heard about Team Fibe..sounds pretty cool that adam is doin that. Hopefully you guys do good next season, and stay uninjured...i know being injured sucks balls...i broke my leg this year..yes at paisley lol. As for you thomas..you have one sik *** quad! and yes, if i wanted to i could race quads, but the thing is i dont like them as much as dirtbikes....also, im not a cocky person who goes and makes fun of quads.

nacs400ex
09-21-2003, 02:28 PM
I have nothen against any of ya's, I am just jealous of Thomas's quad. One day I will convert the R to a thumper, but that wont be until I finish University or college. The R should be able to be competive for atleast 3 or 4 years. Knowing Honda they wont change their trx450r design for another 4 years LOL. AS for yamaha meh YFZ isnt that special, The motor is fast, but I dont really like the way it feels, kinda cramped. I guess when your 6'3" most quads feel cramped LOL.

Rm125
09-21-2003, 03:20 PM
and to whoever thinks im slow, come to the rj practice nights when i get back riding..prolly mid october...i want to compare my speed to someone in the atv pro class.

nacs400ex
09-21-2003, 05:39 PM
Bob Delanely (sp) is usually there on his R, he will hand your *** too you. You aint that good on corners derek, I always block pass you :D But on the straight ways you always catch up cause your bike has more power then my 400ex did. But all that will change in the spring ;) You will be a better, determined rider in the spring derek, and hopefully I will be too.

To everyone that rides quads, Dont you think there should be a GP type class, thats has quads and dirtbikes together ? just to see what does better on certain sections, etc.. give me your opinions.

Rm125
09-21-2003, 05:48 PM
yea a gp class like that would be sweet...but it would never happen:huh..and yea i havent been that fast in corners cuz pretty much every time ive ridden the track with you ive bee hurt..like the one night when i got my concusion and kept riding i did ****ty, and the week after i was doin pretty hurtin too..but oh well..we'll sort things out in the spring:D

forum
09-21-2003, 07:17 PM
tommy. i missed ya. I went to the poker run later in the day. rode a 450f today. mine 426 is alot faster. it had a pipe and airbox lid off. hows the ktm?? and whats this i hear about cadman trashing his dads bran new yfz450?? that guys balls are to big.

thomas
09-22-2003, 06:02 AM
Hey forum, I saw you on the track but I had to go home at 3 to pull cowtits, so I had no time to talk.
The Ktm will live another day, hopefully this week. And yes Cadman totalled his dads brand new YFS. They sad it only sits on two wheels!!! Frame, A arms axle and swimg arm broke!!
Oh well, daddy will buy a new one, not like they are hurting for cash!!!
RM125, like your new posts much better.

400exBro
09-22-2003, 03:14 PM
does Cadman still have his roll 265? haven't seen him lately...

ya Carl was beating that yzf450, from what he told me it was decent,...

Thomas- anything else i got to change on my bike? lowered the bars, put rebound on fast... i am thinking that my rear shock needs an oil change after 3 years, but it is stock so i really don't care, if it blows i will get an aftermarket one... maybe axis but more likely elka...
RM- good luck get everything back together...

Fleshwound
09-22-2003, 03:23 PM
haha oh wow that cadman is one crazy mofo...
hey thomas what would you suggest i put my money towards for next season?i am lookin to spend about 10grand (Canadian obviously)at first then whatever money i make during the summer, ofcourse it all goes towards the quad...
im thinkin one of these new yammys or the honda...
but 250rs are tempting also because they have been proven...
you have prolly seen my yellow 400 at the races im always with carl and luke...
anyway im lookin for your expertise here lol

nacs400ex
09-22-2003, 04:09 PM
Fleshwound, I remember when I first met you, timo, and carl. You guys downed the 250r saying it isnt that great for racing unless you put huge money into it???? But now your considering one? Sounds kinda fishy. But I love R's so whatever.

I will tell you though, You would have a pretty nice R for 10 grand. Personally I would build one from scratch, that way you know whats done to it, and that it wasnt half-*****ed. I lucked out on the R I picked up, its an LRD265, completely rebuilt. I trust the guy to cause hes kinda of a friend. He gave me a stock 86 frame that has been gusseted, no cracks or nothing, lonestar swinger, durablue axle ( :ermm: ), and everything else it needs to run. I just need bearings for the front a-arms, and rear end. Two sets of stock shocks, I picked her up for $2300. But I am putting Elka or PEP suspension on it, and some a-arms, and possible a differnent axle, and just use the durablue as a spare. I was gunna get Long Travel, but I dont have the cash, so standard will have to do.

Is Cadman the guy with the Ducan R ?

Anyone else changing there rides for '04 ?? Timo are you still going with the crf450/arens ??

nacs400ex
09-22-2003, 04:11 PM
I looked for an R for awhile, and its hard to find one, uless you buy one thats totally done out, or a peice of chit, that you have to totally rebuild.

Rip_Tear
09-22-2003, 04:20 PM
I think its pretty crazy how many done up quads there are for sale in Ontario.

nacs400ex
09-22-2003, 04:31 PM
There isnt that many. Most dont have any suspension. The average modded 400ex has a 440 kit that is not really done by LRD, Curtis Sparks or anything like that. But thats because the average person doesnt need it. I found it hard to find a quad that is done up. sure most 250r's are done up but maybe just motor. Can you please tell me where your finding all these adric ? I want to ask around for parts. I tried bob delaney but he doesnt want to sell any of his R parts. Cause he wants to buold the other ones back up.

nacs400ex
09-22-2003, 07:30 PM
Also Thomas I know you have had an R before. What carb would you recommend running with a 265 ? It is mildly ported, I will have a esr pipe or LRD adjustable.

I was thinking Keihn 38mm Airstryker, but some people have told me its too big for a 265 and other people have told me its a good size. I guess it all depends on the track aswell, if its tight or wide open. What would be a good carb suited for all the tracks that we all will be running ?

Thanks in advance

Hendriks

Rip_Tear
09-22-2003, 08:05 PM
Craig, clean out your mail box! :D

Quad18star
09-22-2003, 10:32 PM
Ok so you guys say there's some pretty decked out quads for sale here in Ontario?? Point me towards them cuz I can't seem to find any . The last fully decked quad I seen for sale up here was a 330R (or 310r) that was in the Auto Trader last season. It was all done with axis , lonestar , everything and the dude wanted $12 500. Living up in Sudbury , there aren't many . Only place to find them is in the Auto Trader . I want a fully race ready bike . 2 stroke or 4 stroke I don't care . As long as it can run against the bike up here , i don't care what it is . Thomas I guess you're the guy that knows where they are in Ontario and you're the main bike builder on this site that's from Canada , any suggestions as to where I can find one?? Do you have pics of Richards 330R??? If you do send me them at Quad18star@aol.com or GregLarocque644@hotmail.com . Also send me some pics of your KTM I haven't seen it in a while . Thanks .

thomas
09-23-2003, 07:03 AM
Main bike builder?? Thanks, but East Coast ATV built mine, I just maintain it and make the set up to my likeing. Call Richard at work 1 519 368 SNOW, he works for a Yamaha dealer.
Last year a saw a really nice 87 r in the trader with fullbore plastic, ultimates, shocks and motor work for $7000. Personally, I think 4 stroke is the way of the future, most guys will be faster on a thumper, cause you can lug them around when you get tired.
If you you have $10000 to blow I guess I would get the new TRX450, and build it up. Joe Byrds' Walsh is for sale for 17500$US
that would be cool!!!
The new Yamaha has a very weak frame, they bend just from hard landings, ask Richard. Engine wise, they move!!
I still think money is better spent on setup, like A-arms, Shocks, Axle and tires than engine work. Unless you got a stock EX!!
Timo, I think a set of 20" holeshot MX fronts would do wonders in corners for you, also most guys run Renthal ATV bars, I don't like them, I prefer a Taper style bar, they are lower and straighter.
Oh, Carb for the 265?? 38mm is great, I ran a 37mm on my 250 that worked really well and a 38mm on the 330, I gues if you bought the 38 you can always go bigger on the motor.

Fibe Industries
09-23-2003, 08:33 AM
Craig i have tried it out before and a 37mm does work better for a stock cylinder, like Thomas said itll work (38 that is but if your that woried about different tracks 37mm is it. 38mm is dyno for 310, 330. carburation is not to big, if you have a tight buget, put some boysen reed valves in it and jet it your set.

Greg my quad is still for sale i sold the hipers off it so I can give you a realy good deal on it still.

and for custom quad building 13000.00 cnd will give you every advantage over most quads out there. ( that price is with out motors)
Walsh a-arms
PRD chassis, stem, swingarm, subframe
Hy- Per wheels
rpm axle, lock nut, carrier
Fullbore plastics
x-factor grab bar, front bumper, propeg nerfs (stainless foot pegs)
elka shocks all the way around
SFB racing clutch and engine covers (gold)
Fibe Industries graphics, hood, gas tank cover, brake protector, seat
HMF or ESR pipe
400ex complete front end spindles calipers disc
Hardkor engineering hubs res caps , throttle top
pro taper black handle bar, and grips
all brake assemblie powder coated
frame powder coated, swingarm
crome stem, sub frame
and cr500 link rear end
Fibe res holders
and more little stuff

plus new Sercet line of carbon fiber air boxes coming for 400ex with smaller battery area, 250r, modified 250r for custom set up with different suspension and four stroke pipes, and new yamaha

and if you have 10$ flesshwound than hell best advise is
PRD frame, swingarm, stem, subframeWalsh a-arms longtravel
$5421.00 CND
esr 265 powervalve
esr pipe and silencer
esr 38mm carb jeted 2570.00CND
Elka suspension long tralev 2100.00CND
cr 500 linkage 500CND
with all your parts sandblated and powder coated
ill give you my cost on maier plastic or fullbore

Grand total: $1091.00
what else do you need

or take that esr 2-stroke out of there and and put a 426 in it for
2600.00 CND with pipe carb all eletroics.

all I can say is set
705 424 9224

Rip_Tear
09-23-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Fibe Industries
plus new Sercet line of carbon fiber air boxes coming for 400ex with smaller battery area, 250r, modified 250r for custom set up with different suspension and four stroke pipes, and new yamaha

are you making these? An air box with a place for the battery? That sounds pretty sweet, and even in carbon fibers! :eek: If so any idea on a price?

BTW, I didn't mean "race ready" quads, just there are enough with motor mods and such, concidering there doesnt seem to be enough people racing that it would be their quads (or their older quads) for sale.

nacs400ex
09-23-2003, 01:42 PM
PM box cleaned out :)

Well the carb I have on it now is stock, and its missing a few parts in it. So I mys well just get the 37mm. I am gunna need a few things for you to order soon adam, I will give ya a call when the time comes. I got my bolt kit for it, now I just gotta sell my ex for some more cash.

forum
09-23-2003, 02:14 PM
i never said R's are crappy. I did say you gotta spend alot of money on them to be good tho. and thats true. personaly i like 4 strokes so theres another reason i said that. The only 250r i would ever want is one like Cadmans, somthing done right up. I would never own a quad with a 15 year old frame!! and alot of people would agree. plus new 4 strokes are getting so good and so light. 2 strokes dont have an advantage anymore. give it a few more years and you'll see.! I also said most kids would be faster on a 400ex then a 250r. and thats also VERY TRUE!!. amateurs think there going faster on two strokes just because of the way the engine feels. get a stop watch out and try a comparable 4 stroke so a comparable 2 stroke.( both with equal mods) I bet you'd be faster a 4 stroke. Only very expierenced riders can ride a 2 stroke right. Tomas, is bank racing the gnc's next year?? and is he buying a new bike!? and are you going to compete at the MOntreal suppercross?

forum
09-23-2003, 02:21 PM
and what chanel is the montreal supercross gonna be on?!?!?!?

400exBro
09-23-2003, 06:40 PM
the supercross is on ppv on express view, which sucks becuase i don't have any canadian stations anymore:D
ya i am thinking about getting some 20 up front or 19's, but i still don't know what to do, i am really tempeted to put a 426 into my ex frame or buy a prd from adam... i just see it as beening cheapier to do and i will be happier becuase it will look better in my eyes... o and were did James find his houser 426? i am hoping to find one just like his around the price and all Frank told us to talk to james to see if he has seen any good YZF426 or CRF450 for sale but James left...Also Derek Schuster spent 21 000 on his z450, yoshi 450 kit, roll a arms and elka all the way around, and that thing rips... i don't want to go that direction, but rather something more powerfull, maybe a KTM:D
so many freaking choices and i don't know what to do!!!!

nacs400ex
09-23-2003, 06:41 PM
Its a PPV, your going to have to phone your cable provider, unless you have satellite with a phone line you just click enter :D

If Cadmans is the duncan R that is a very nice R. :) I wanna mod out my like that but my daddy doesnt give me money. Only drives to the tracks. I make pretty good money for 16yrs old to $10 cash money. But now that the summers over my job is gone, and I have to find a part-time job around here. IGA in Craighurst is looking pretty good right now, I can walk there.

Carl, Sure maybe they dont have an advantage, but in my opinion motorwise they are cheaper. Sure you gotta do topend rebuilds more often a a 2-smoke, but when something goes wrong on a 4-stroke it usually more money.If you put equal mods on a 4-stroke to 2-stroke I gaurantee the 2-stroke will have way more power. Thats what I found with my 400ex it had no power and was pretty slow. Sure you can argue that it had a stock motor, but I aint paying sparks $2000 US to make my motor to a national 416, when that $2000 will buy a nice R motor.

In a few years, I will just get an aftermarket frame and yzf426 or crf450 and put all my parts onto that, when the 265 cant keep up. If the 86 frame starts to break and crack and is non-fixable, I might just get it a little earlier.

Quad18star
09-23-2003, 09:08 PM
I had some guy email me today about his Pro Trax 250R . His name is Glen Baker and I believe he is from Nova Scotia . His email addy is glen.baker@ns.sympatico.ca . Does anyone know who this person is , and has anyone seen his quad? He wants a fair chunk of change for it , but it sounds really good . Thanks

thomas
09-24-2003, 06:33 AM
Glen Baker is one of the fastes guys out there. I think he has a Laeger pro trax bike?? How much does he want??

forum
09-24-2003, 07:37 AM
that z450 is lockharts odyseyes. not derecks.

Quad18star
09-24-2003, 12:12 PM
He wants $18 000 for everythign he has for the bike . I haven't even seen pictures of it , but he says it's a complete pro trax bike , with PEP ZPS all around , Baldwin Tranny , and so on . I don't know if it's bumped up to a 265 , 310, 330 or just a plain old 250 . I'm waiting for him to reply back to me . $18 000 is a lot to spend on a bike right now . He's probably trying to bump it to get himself a 4stroke . We'll see when replys back to me . Thomas have you seen him race before ?? Does he run the Canadian NAts or the GNC??

Fleshwound
09-27-2003, 09:27 AM
does anyone know what time the montreal supercross is on today?

400exBro
09-27-2003, 09:36 AM
7:30 pm on canadian ppv

to bad it aint on direct tv.

Quad18star
01-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Looking for a race ATV for sale in Ontario ... preferably with an aftermarket frame . No Raptors , Predators or Banshees please. No stock 400ex's either .

What is everyone in Ontario doign to their bikes this winter? I'm on full time with Royal Distributing now and mayeb coem the summer I'll be riding out of their trailer . Would be SWEET.

nacs400ex
01-05-2004, 05:27 PM
I am running an LRD265r and Adam is helping me out. Its gunna have long travel elka frontend with JB or LSR front a-arms. Fibe graphics kit, hood, the whole bit. Everything aftermarket except gussetted frame. It should be pretty good for my first MX quad, the 400ex gets a little boring in the power department.

Greg its taken you a LONG time to find a quad. Hopefully you find one, then all us ontartio riders can get together and hit up some tracks/races.

I tried to get a job at the royal in Barrie but they only want like 20 year olds, oh well.

Quad18star
01-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Whats your name ??? Ive been refering to you as Nacs400ex for too long now . Yeah I know it's been taking me a while to find a bike . I would have got one nera the end of the summer but the bank wouldn't give me another loan until I paid off my car , then College wanted their money also . Well now I'm done college for about a year cuz I'm goign in for surgery soemtime soon . Actually I have to wait until the 12th of January to find out exactly when . Thats the reason why I dont have a biek sitting in the garage right now . As soon as the Doctor tells me when and how long I'm gunna be off work for , then I'll decide on a quad . Right now I'm also just looking at the many options out on the market . Adams 310R would ahve been perfect but I didnt have the 10 000$ that he wanted at the time . I'm also looking at the new Yammy but Id like soemthign more race ready . Theres actually a pretty sweet Lonestar 250r in Ohio that the guy will give me a pretty good deal on and he'll even bring it across the border for me , which would be really nice of him to do to save me taxes and stuff. Hard to find a really race ready quad here in Canada for as good of a deal as I can pick up in the USA . Hopefully soon enough I'll have soemthing . Royal might even consider sponsoring me since they sponsor every other type of sport . How old are you?? If you bring in a resume to the Barrie store ask to speak with Elaine or Chad and tell them Greg from the Sudbury store told you to drop one off . :D I'm usually in Elaine's good books haha

Rip_Tear
01-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Hey,

Good luck on finding a race quad Quadstar. I want to get new a-arms(std or +1), suspention(front Elka's, nac's rebuilt rear), skids (not sure) and a carrier(Rad). But I have to get some pricing done.

nacs400ex
01-07-2004, 03:17 PM
My name is Craig Hendriks. I am 16, turning 17 in March. I already brought a resume in, but I never did a follow up call so I can do that and say that you sent me.

Adric any particular time you wanna hook up and we can switch shocks, I need some cash so I can buy my LT shocks I need to sell my guitar amp and I will have enough and an extra bit for brakelines and bearings. Then if will almost be ready !!

Rip_Tear
01-09-2004, 07:19 AM
anytime you want, I brought my shock up here so I would have it. Just let me know when so I can get some $ out. I have been kinda busy with the first week of college. Do you still have my number? I might phone you tonight if I remember....

nacs400ex
01-27-2004, 11:01 AM
Adric, my phone # is 721-1806, give me a call when you get this. I need cash to get my bike going. Thanks Craig.