PDA

View Full Version : K+N Power Kit Questions

Live2Ride300
01-29-2002, 06:13 PM
Hi, im looking into buying a K+N Power kit for my 2000 300ex, my motor is completly stock , and i have the stock exaust on it. I was wondering how much power the k+n power kit will give it? Are there considerable power gains?
Thanks for help in advance

Charlie

01-29-2002, 06:25 PM
I just put on my new t-4 pipe, and k & n filter with outerwear and the k&n stage two jet kit in my 2002 300 and i can notice a big difference in the performance level. after about 4 hours of work I got the jetting down to exactly where it should be. Now i have much better throttle response and what feels to me like alot more power than i did have when i started. so for me i think it did alot to some other people they'll say not to buy the kits but there made to increase performance and someone out there has put time and effort into making em right on. So i'd say get it you'll like the results.
later,
jeff

Nausty
01-29-2002, 08:56 PM
so what does a k&n power kit have a filter and jets? How many jets we have a few machines and if they give us enough jets then that means we could probably use the kit on all cr125 too. I could do that right? And what would the power gain be like on a 400ex would it be really noticable on a stock motor and exhaust like would it be comparible to a slip-on?

Live2Ride300
01-30-2002, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the info 02yellow300EX:D

Live2Ride300
01-30-2002, 02:09 PM
what about if you have the stock exaust on and u put the k&n power kit on , how much power would u get from that?

Live2Ride300
01-30-2002, 02:10 PM
02yellow300ex, did u get the complete t-4 system or just the slip on silencer?

01-31-2002, 12:11 AM
No i only have the silencer so far for it. **** the header costs more than the silencer. I love the way that mine sounds and have had no problems with it. Alot of people say that the part where it says pro circuit comes off and what not but i have had mine on for awhile now and been through many washes with a power washer and i have had no problems with it. When i put the exhaust on i also put a k & n filter on it and i could tell the difference with just that. I waited about 2 months before i put the jet kit in. i was gonna wait till spring but said **** with it. as for putting a jet kit in with a stock silencer and what not i have no idea what if any increases u would see. i'm sure that there would be some but i'd say that they would be minimal. I'm going to get the header pipe sometime here in the future and i'll tell ya how it does when i do. any thing else u wanna ask go for it.
later
jeff

TRX250XFIRE
01-31-2002, 05:55 PM
Hey, i called my local honda shop and asked if i could order a K+N power kit for my 250X. they said that they didnt think that they made them. would a power kit for a 300 work on my 250X
thanks