PDA

View Full Version : getting sponsers

hondarider27
09-07-2003, 01:52 PM
i was thinking about trying to get some sponsers. i was trying to find out the best way to do that. should i try and race and see if i can get known. or just keep riding and see if i can find one.

MILF_HUNTER
09-07-2003, 02:33 PM
do you want sponsors for freestylin or for racing
its gonna be alot harder to get noticed freestylin because its a new sport and the only people gettin noticed are bustin huge. but racing sponsors would be easier because racing happens every were almost every weekend

4TraxRider
09-09-2003, 08:50 AM
If you race and do good, a lot of times there are some people at the race that will find you. I got a few smaller local shops like that. For some other bigger companies, send in a resume of your wins and experience riding and they will usualy get back to you. Good luck.

Narly R
09-09-2003, 10:07 PM
Racing will ALWAYS help your chance of getting sponsered! Were going to start racing!;) Experiance, and make some resumes and send them to a lot of people, i need to send some more out...

Good luck man! Ill take good pics of you to send out!:D

hondarider27
09-09-2003, 10:30 PM
i guess i should just ry to do everything thats going to be the best thing i think. i can jsut film alot and take pics i guess and show where ever thers a chance to get sponsers.

Fast250EX
09-10-2003, 06:57 PM
If you can consistently make a podium finish at some local races, keep your local ATV dealer aware and eventually hit them up for something like 10-20% off all things in the shop if you were their T-Shirt in the pits and put their decals on your quad. That would be the easiest sponsorship.

Unless you plan to be a top dog in a national series, I wouldn't even bother with a sponsor, just go out every weekend and have some fun. If ya' break something, that would probably be a good reason to hit your local ATV dealer up but other than that, you wouldn't need a sponsor to have fun and keep on doing it.;)

Narly R
09-10-2003, 07:39 PM
He rides a cr...... but to get sponsers for either is the same.......

Alex654
09-10-2003, 08:05 PM
My cousin got a few sponsers and all he gets is like 10% off but i guess that still helps. I dont even really know what sponsers he has besides like Duncan and Moose but he has a couple others. His name is Duane Johnson from Missouri. He got his after racing in the harescrambe races after like 2 or 3 years. Now he is racing a few GNCC races. But you dont have to try if you do good they will be calling you.

Narly R
09-10-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Alex654
But you dont have to try if you do good they will be calling you.

Thats every rider's dream! Most likly that wont ever happen to me! If it did I would defently leave a big brown stain!:eek2: :(

hondarider27
09-11-2003, 11:22 PM
you would leave brown stains anyway

hessianmx111
09-12-2003, 03:23 AM
sponsor

Narly R
09-12-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by hessianmx111
sponsor

Im not PERFEC T ya know! :p

Send out some resumes, im going to send D4 one for the poo of it!:ermm:

hondarider27
09-15-2003, 11:08 PM
i think that i will call a group up here next summer and see what they say. there freestyle and the put on shows every where. they go all over the west coast.

QuAdRaCeR244
09-21-2003, 10:31 PM
QuadFMX.com/Industry Outkasts is offering sponsorships, but only to the top riders. Check out the site for more info!

Narly R
09-23-2003, 09:16 PM
What about D4? I talked to them and stuff, Im going to send them a resume, would it be better to talk about how i wanna race, or freestyle?

QuadJunkies
09-25-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Fast250EX
If you can consistently make a podium finish at some local races, keep your local ATV dealer aware and eventually hit them up for something like 10-20% off all things in the shop if you were their T-Shirt in the pits and put their decals on your quad. That would be the easiest sponsorship.

Unless you plan to be a top dog in a national series, I wouldn't even bother with a sponsor, just go out every weekend and have some fun. If ya' break something, that would probably be a good reason to hit your local ATV dealer up but other than that, you wouldn't need a sponsor to have fun and keep on doing it.;) I agree whith some of what you said but it can happen......... I am a first year racer(both of us are) and we both have worked VERY hard on resumes and talked to MANY<MANY< people on a weekly basis to try and get sponsors to help with costs of racing this winter.So far we have over Half of our racing season paid for and also enough funds to do qiute abit of mods. I find out tomorrow if one major sponsor(BTW these arre ALL local sponsors) if they are going to pick up the tab for the rest of the season and maybe the kids for a mini class as well.:eek: :cool: ... Funny thing is, NONE of our sponsors are AVT related and thats ok with me , if anything, its bringing MORE people aware about our sport and alot of people had no idea this even exsisted around here. I think in my case this was good for me AND for my sport ;) ...... Yes, go out every wk end and have fun, but if youTRULY want some sponsors get some kind of experience under your belt no matter how little and work off of that and TALK TO PEOPLE.......I mean EVERYONE let them know what your setting yourself out to do and Im sure you too will have sponsors, but its not easy and you have to just work at it....... TIna :)

Braff1
11-13-2003, 06:36 AM
In looking for sponsors what are some option to approach them with (exampe, 10% over dealer cost, free parts, free labor, etc). Some of the shops I would like to get locked into this kinda deal but I would also like to find some to help with entry fees and such.. Just wondering what kinda deals to try to cut with a sponsor.

1rancher
11-13-2003, 03:17 PM
Im with Braff?????? Im a broke ***** college kid that has just caught the bug of racing

QuadJunkies
11-14-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Braff1
In looking for sponsors what are some option to approach them with (exampe, 10% over dealer cost, free parts, free labor, etc). Some of the shops I would like to get locked into this kinda deal but I would also like to find some to help with entry fees and such.. Just wondering what kinda deals to try to cut with a sponsor. hmm well, Do you have a resume now? How about a portfolio? Alot of perspective sponosrs will be primarialy looking at your experience in racing, how well your placings are, some ask you to keep in tough with them from time to time on your points, on a resume, its alot about yourself, and your experience, kinda like a job application. Sponsors want to know what YOU can do for them;) . Like one sponosor told us, "theres one of you in EVERY town" and so its hard to compete for sponsors for more than just Discounts on there products. I do know that alot of pespective sponors have already taken there racers resumes at some of the ones we checked into ,it ended in Oct. Believe it or not, alot of ours were local businesses that were NOT ATV related too!! And they all paid for our season this year for entries.:blah: A few local ATV shops are now doinga few free thgins for us now and Disc. parts and free oil ect.... Just keep doing great on the track and let them all know you would be competitive and push there products.....:)

Narly R
11-14-2003, 08:47 PM
She is right... talk to people1 Its the only way, meet new people, and then make a resume! Make it good though. Most ATV related places, well most places want you to race, and if you say you are going to you have too! I have a sponshorship at UPPracing. They are awsome, they help me a lot. And our local gas company, i get mix/gas free! I wasnt exspecting that but they said they would. And a guy who helps me with my engine LOTS! I take my bike to him like atleast 3 times a month, poor guy! But he is a huge help, not really a sponsor, he wa smy dads friend and what not, but anyways.....

Just do it, the hardest part is getting a resume and going to places. After I do some more races im going to go to places like LRD, Fullbore, AC, Renthal......

he best advice I can give you is have a good head on your shoulders, and be prepared to be commited!;)

Good luck everyone!

DangerousDean
11-14-2003, 09:47 PM
send them something like this ?
http://www.pbase.com/image/18238746

QuadJunkies
11-14-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by DangerousDean
http://www.pbase.com/image/18238746 :eek: LMAO!!!:p YOU need some sponsorship to fix up that bike!!!:eek2:

petersonracing
11-14-2003, 10:01 PM
LMAO!!! Oh, I have never laughed so hard!

Duncanracer
11-14-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by DangerousDean
http://www.pbase.com/image/18238746

thats tight, its very inspiring, i went out and made one just like it...

QuadJunkies
11-14-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Duncanracer
thats tight, its very inspiring, i went out and made one just like it... I would LOVe to see a pic of that R of yours!!:blah: :macho You have any to post?????

Duncanracer
11-14-2003, 11:35 PM
as soon as i get my 86 bike all together(rebuilding it) i'll take some pictures...
and the arens is apart getting the motor looked through before i sell it, minus the arens frame...