PDA

View Full Version : lt250 greatest thing ever? I think not

tants
09-07-2003, 04:50 PM
i had a 92 lt250r befor my 250r. i had some work done to mine. i feel it was faster then my 250r, but it deff handled not as good.

i would take my R over an lt anyday, or any other quad,

but in a strait up drag race, he would beat you, unless he doesnt know how to ride

even on the track like ryan said, its mostly rider, tim farr on an trx90 would probly beat me on like a blaster... its all rider

TGW_400ex
09-08-2003, 09:20 AM
Wow I was talkin to this kid I know and he got all cocky about his lt250 and said he could eat me alive in a drag:huh well i told him he wouldnt so he automatically thinks i said i could beat him? so he goes on and I say even if u can beat me in a drag I can outhandle u and he just went crazy well what r ur thoughts on this matter?

Honda4trax250x
09-08-2003, 09:25 AM
i agree on the track u would kill him, but in a drag, im not too sure

Texan32
09-08-2003, 09:26 AM
well, even in stock form, an LT can eat you alive when it comes to speed. But, they weren't all thatgreat for handling. It took a little time and effort to really tane an lt. But, they were/are crazy fast!

TGW_400ex
09-08-2003, 09:28 AM
hahah ya when i said that thing about handlin he started say these other kids i ride w/ r better riders than me? wow thats a comback:rolleyes:

TGW_400ex
09-08-2003, 09:29 AM
r u sayin speed as accel or top speed?

09-08-2003, 09:37 AM
he would eat you alive in a drag race. the quick revving 2 stroke snap of the lt250r is pretty nuts. but on trails or track exspect him to be the one wayyy behind

TGW_400ex
09-08-2003, 09:43 AM
when i think of a lt250 or Banshee I think of a drag bike w/ poor handling. I rode a Banshee w/ pipe and s*** and I think how does he fly threw the woods on this haha o well the kid full of himself if i wanted to be super fast I would have bought a banshee and toasted his arse:D but i didnt want to rebuild and waste money constantly

Ryan
09-08-2003, 10:00 AM
The LT's may not have the best handling, but that doesn't mean he can't beat you on the track. Its mostly the rider, not the quad.

TGW_400ex
09-08-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by tants
i had a 92 lt250r befor my 250r. i had some work done to mine. i feel it was faster then my 250r, but it deff handled not as good.

i would take my R over an lt anyday, or any other quad,

but in a strait up drag race, he would beat you, unless he doesnt know how to ride

even on the track like ryan said, its mostly rider, tim farr on an trx90 would probly beat me on like a blaster... its all rider

hahaha i dont think he could beat u on a trx90 tho;)

Martin Blair
09-08-2003, 07:53 PM
it wouldnt eat you alive i ahve beeting a few, a stock one, and a 92lt250r with a fmf pipe, boysen reeds, K&n and a 38mm airstriker. With my 400, which of corse at stock at all. I do good in the 300yard drags those lts are overated in drags, atleast ones ive come across.

Juggalo
09-08-2003, 07:56 PM
my LT used to eat EX's alive and it was an 85 that ran like crap.

skemp
09-08-2003, 08:05 PM
They are/were fast, but the thing is that it is hard to find one that isn't beaten to hell and back. For some reason all the hillbillies in the U.S. have had their way with most LT's and there isn't much left of them. :ermm: Once in a while you can find very nice LT's however.

JTRtrx250r
09-08-2003, 08:10 PM
Ive heard skud-suki's were faster....have yet to ever see it tho :D
My bud has 1 .....it come close in no way,shape or form haha

TGW_400ex
09-09-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
my LT used to eat EX's alive and it was an 85 that ran like crap.
Is that why u bouight a EX;)

lil400exman
09-09-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
Is that why u bouight a EX;)
read his sig smarty:rolleyes: :eek:

TGW_400ex
09-09-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
read his sig smarty:rolleyes: :eek:

I did whats ur point:huh

lil400exman
09-09-2003, 05:39 PM
I did whats ur point:huh
his lt was stolen he didnt sell it to buy a 400ex!:rolleyes:

TGW_400ex
09-09-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
his lt was stolen he didnt sell it to buy a 400ex!:rolleyes:

so he could have searched for another lt if he liked them soo much or got a banshee:rolleyes:

batgeek
09-09-2003, 05:50 PM
or maybe he wanted a nice 4stk quad...

or maybe he got a great deal onthe 400ex that he couldn't pass up...

or maybe you should quit worrying about why other people buys certain quads....

just because he didn't do what you thought he should/would do, doesn't make him an idiot.

Jay300ex
09-09-2003, 08:46 PM
The LT250R motor has quite some pull to it. I rebuilt one last year for a customer that was a friend and he gave it to me, it was a POS. I mean literaly. It was an 85 that hadn't been rebuilt once. I redid a ton of stuff in the motor, and I gusseted the frame and re machine the rear axle carrier and did all the bears and rebuilt the shocks.

When I first got to riding that thing it wasn't to shabby, but after I got it broken in I romped on it and it literaly made me feel like I was going to fall off or something hehe, coarse it was the first quad I rode outta the year.

The thing with the Suz tho, bad handling, good power, crappy reliability. Those motors have the same things go wrong with them over and over and over and over. The shop I work at tells all the customers that bring them in that so that they dont bring the motor back and complain a few months down the rode.

Jay

Adam202
09-09-2003, 10:18 PM
when i think of a lt250 or Banshee I think of a drag bike w/ poor handling. I rode a Banshee w/ pipe and s*** and I think how does he fly threw the woods on this haha o well the kid full of himself if i wanted to be super fast I would have bought a banshee and toasted his arse:D but i didnt want to rebuild and waste money constantly
my banshee handles pretty awesome, banshees drift around the corners pretty dam good, i find the banshee alot faster than my 400ex on somewhat open trails, on tight trails its just as fast too. i can haul some *** on my banshee and whip threw the trails. i think banshees handle pretty decent and they are Way underestimated. ive never ridden a lt250, i had a chance but it was a POS i didnt trust it. i was racing my stock banshee agaisnt my cousin's modded banshee, the lt 250 decided to have a go, My blaster could have beat it, it was running like **** blowing ALOT of BLUE smoke, i think it was partially blown up. anytime ive watched someone ride a lt 250 they just seem slow. 2 strokes in stock form will last alot longer than when you start modding them. Stock banshees run pretty awesome and they will last a long time in stock form.

RIDER11X
09-09-2003, 11:27 PM
Hopefully LTRIDER will chime in on this, but I rode his newly rebuilt 92' LT250r, and I had no qualms with it's handling at all whether it be in the air or on the ground. Actually, they are very roomy for larger riders, and was a great jumper. I do adapt quickly to different machines, but but adapted to his quicker than usual. I was never a fan of them until riding his, but riding one of this caliber changed my opinion of these machines. Granted, most of them are whooped, but they can be serious race machines.

BTW, his motor was worked by LRD, and the difference between a mostly stock motor with a FMF pipe and a full LRD motor and pipe is AMAZING!!!!!!!! That quad rips! No shortage of power on tap at all. And it's strong everywhere, but the top end is insane!:eek2:

JTRtrx250r
09-09-2003, 11:39 PM
the later yr LTr's have a powervalve dont they?:confused: :uhoh:

QuadJunkies
09-10-2003, 01:14 AM
the Lts' Ive seen are fast........when they are runnin:huh :o ....seems like they always break down and consantly tweeking on them .:confused2

TGW_400ex
09-10-2003, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by batgeek
or maybe he wanted a nice 4stk quad...

or maybe he got a great deal onthe 400ex that he couldn't pass up...

or maybe you should quit worrying about why other people buys certain quads....

just because he didn't do what you thought he should/would do, doesn't make him an idiot.

calm down i was just makin a point

RIDER11X
09-10-2003, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
the later yr LTr's have a powervalve dont they?:confused: :uhoh:
Yes they do.

batgeek
09-10-2003, 07:00 AM
calm down i was just makin a point

your point was dumb. drive thru please.

Juggalo
09-10-2003, 10:05 AM
to answer your questions my insurance offered to buy me a brand new bike to replace my LT. i decided i'd rather have a brand new machine that i know everything about than to buy a used one from somebody and have no idea what its past has been. i could have gotten a banshee, i almost did actually, but the banshee sucks for the kind of riding i do. i was also thinking raptor at the time, and the 2002's had just come out so i didn't know if the transmision, weak axle/a-arms, carbs blowing off the boot ect robs had been fixed. i had already got a ton of seat time on the honda because my friend owned one and we used to ride it every day. i decided to get the EX and if i had to go back in time i probably would have made the same desision. now i just need somebody to steal my EX so i can get the new honda :devil:

TGW_400ex
09-10-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
to answer your questions my insurance offered to buy me a brand new bike to replace my LT. i decided i'd rather have a brand new machine that i know everything about than to buy a used one from somebody and have no idea what its past has been. i could have gotten a banshee, i almost did actually, but the banshee sucks for the kind of riding i do. i was also thinking raptor at the time, and the 2002's had just come out so i didn't know if the transmision, weak axle/a-arms, carbs blowing off the boot ect robs had been fixed. i had already got a ton of seat time on the honda because my friend owned one and we used to ride it every day. i decided to get the EX and if i had to go back in time i probably would have made the same desision. now i just need somebody to steal my EX so i can get the new honda :devil:

I see atleast u weren't a @$$ about answerin my question unlike some ppl

JTRtrx250r
09-10-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
Yes they do. ok thanks,my pals is an older 1,I mean it does pretty good...just no-where near my R,I do remember a few that were just as fast at the track but were always being wrenched on in the pits,I also seem to remember ppl cutting out the exhaust bridge trying to get the most flow thru them...and it worked for awhile until the piston would snag,I thought it was very strange to say the least...then found out a few big-dog shops were doing it on the LTR's,it was also not proven to reliable..but they were fast till it smoked itself,I dont think Ive ever rode a 91-92 LTR,might have to some day:blah:

LTandRaptorider
09-10-2003, 06:41 PM
Ok Rider11x, I'm chiming in! :devil: First of all it's the same old story, we all like what we have and think it's the best. I guess I don't have any brand loyalties, I get what I like and think works best for me. I now have a 92 LT250R, and love it. LRD did the cylinder which included a Cool Head with 19cc dome, Cr250 piston to eliminate the thrust washers, with boost port, cylinder base spacer, and LRD adjustable pipe. I put in a Wiseco crank and hot rod. I really liked the LT before, love it now! The only engine related problem I've had is replacing water pump gaskets, they dont last long on the LT engine. The swingarm design sucks, soon to be rectified as soon as Lonestar sends me the right one... :mad: Other than that, it's usual maintanence items, of which Im very particular. I picked up another frame off ebay for the rebuild, mine developed some cracks. But we're talking about an 11 year old machine that is well taken care of, but ridden hard. So the machine works great for me, I love the power, ergonomics, cornering, etc. Rider11x has a 400 ex and earlier praised my Lt, but would he trade his ex for one? Nope. I also have a Raptor, which was the first 4-stroke that impressed me. But I've never felt that comfortable on it, so it sits most of the time while I dust everyone on my LT! Yes I have the same stories, I've beat a 250R, 400ex, 300ex, and Banshee in drags. When it comes to racing mx, I do ok. But the quad is capable of doing much better! :ermm: At 38 and riding once in a while, competing in mx against kids half my age and getting fourth place I think says a lot for the quad. Wow, I think I'll publish this book... It's all rider11x's fault! Ride what you like, have fun, be safe and keep the stories coming about whom we've roosted!! :D

JTRtrx250r
09-10-2003, 09:45 PM
LTandraptorider....at least your still riding and racing!!!@38 most retire the riding boots and become sally's haha;) I know I wont if I have any say in the matter:D

:macho haha