PDA

View Full Version : Won 1st in Wheelie Contest!!

1fast400ex
09-07-2003, 07:25 PM
way to go on the wheelie contest. the guy on the raptor that won the big et is my brother in law. thats his slow raptor the fast one wasnt there its a 727 on nitrous. the one he was on there is all stock motor. just nitrous.

Fast250EX
09-08-2003, 09:20 AM
Last night I entered into a wheelie contest at Bear Creek Motorsports park in Leitchfield, Kentucky. Everyone pitched in 5 bucks and winner takes all. Turned out only me on my stock 250EX and some guy with a pimped out 426EX with all sorts of stuff were the only ones doing it. A 310R was gonna enter but he was too far off in practice and didn't wanna waste his money.

Anyway, what you have to do is pick the front end up before these poles they lay down, ride a wheelie for 75 feet and drop down as close as you can to these other poles they lay down.

The guy with the 426 was alright but he was just using his power to keep it up and still ended up landing 3 feet from the poles you have to come down on.

Since I was pretty sure of myself, I did it all with one hand. The funny part was that I was 2-3 inches from the pole I drop down on.

It was fun experience. They did it after all the drag races were over with. If anyone wants to come down thatn lives nearby and you think you have a shot at the drags, they race the first Saturday of every month at 6 PM but you can get there earlier for practice.

I tell you what though, there was some incredible quads there. There were 2 Raptors with some serious motor work down, long swingarms and wheelie bars, low slung stance, and a canister of nitrous oxide.

There was only one crash but it was bad enough to make up for 20. This Banshee punched out to 535cc and with more work done to it than I could recall. Nearly 30,000 worth of stuff, I'll put it that way. He passed the 200 foot mark at 72.2 mph and hit a little bump and the thing went crazy and flipped a TON of of times. The banshee got 20 feet in the air without doubt. The swingarm and chain snapped and it warped an a-arm. The guy riding just got a few cuts on his leg but was fine other than that. It was so bad that a piece of the plastic got ripped off and was thrown by the grand stands.

So it was an exciting and scary day yesterday and I though I would share.

Thanks for reading

flyin#5
09-08-2003, 09:43 AM
congrats, sounds like a cool day.

Pappy
09-08-2003, 10:14 AM
cool:cool:

hessianmx111
09-08-2003, 11:05 AM
cool i went to bear creek a few months ago it was pretty fun but it got kinda loud and boring. id rather have went and watched blackrock a ways down the road. did you see the blue polaris scrambler that was lowered and everything, its a bad bike :bandit: are they gonna have wheelie contests on a reg basis now if so i need to enter one, when i was there all they had were drags and atv rodeo.

JLanphear
09-08-2003, 11:37 AM
:mad: I'm jelous...we have nothing like that up this way :p

Props bro.

-Josh

Dan_Guetter
09-08-2003, 11:53 AM
dude, you should be sponsored.....

JLanphear
09-08-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
dude, you should be sponsored.....

Man, what's the need of posting useless stuff like this?

Dan_Guetter
09-08-2003, 01:50 PM
what are you talking about, its not useless....the kid won!!!

good job man!

JLanphear
09-08-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
what are you talking about, its not useless....the kid won!!!

good job man!

Dude, tell me you weren't being sarcastic. If you say you weren't being sarcastic then I apoligize and I was wrong. Maybe you can help him with a sponsor...you got lots of friends in the business, you should shoot him some names of people to call...that'd be cool of you.

Fast250EX
09-08-2003, 03:07 PM
Gee, thanks for all the comments and stuff guys.

1fast400EX, glad to hear that was your brother-in-law that won. He won around 450 bucks too, didn't he?

JLanphear, I am sorry to hear that you don't have anything like that up your way. With your skills you could kick some serious booty. That's why I like Kentucky, quads are so supported around here.

I don't think being sponsored would be a bad idea but I would have to talk with Larry (guy that owns the place) to see if he can work the wheelie contest in around the middle of the drags before they clean the track. That would be better so you could take a break from all the seriousness and get ya' a hot dog while ya' watch the wheelies. More people would enter too. It was 11 pm till they held the wheelie contest last night. That's BS.

Oh, and hessian, after seeing the potential the wheelie contest may hold from me and the other guy last night, Larry is gonna start holding them everytime. Now if I can get him to work it in earlier I'll be happy. He oughta let us do that, he's making a killin' charging 10 bucks to get in and 25 for the ET class.

I hope some of you guys come out next month and if you see a skinny feller with a good looking 250EX, run me down and we can talk a bit. If more people decide to do the wheelie contest, getting it moved to a better time shouldn't be no problem.

Hope to see ya' there!;)

mntly_imptnt
09-15-2003, 06:51 PM
ky living is best!!! everyone should visit. just ask j jones. lol we race every weekend around here. we had a national last weekend. shane hitt is the tt master.

Fast250EX
09-16-2003, 02:24 PM
I agree, without Kentucky and West Virginia, a lot of quad riders would be lost! There is not a day that goes by that I don't see at least 2 quads on a trailer go down the road. On Saturdays You see so many quads it is amazing. I traveled about 15 miles on a Saturday and saw 17 quads either loaded up in trailers, being ridden, or sitting outside.

I went down to my local Honda and Yammi shop (bad combination I know) and bought some Razr's. He said he was selling tires like crazy that day. It was 1:00 PM and he had already sold 6 pairs of tires and he doesn't open till like 10 or so.

Kentucky is just a great place to be for the ATVer.;)

zfire_28
09-18-2003, 02:43 AM
wheelie contest.........sounds like fun.
I may ask the owner of the local ride park to have one next time he holds grass drags.

RuffRyder400ex
09-19-2003, 08:35 PM
congrats