PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Question On Bearing Carriers

Duner400ex
01-29-2002, 03:13 PM
I asked this question before and still haven't made a decision. I need a bearing carrier but i don't know which one to get. Some one in here told me to get the Millenium bearing carrier from RPM. That can handle 8000lb. But i am just going to start racing this year and i have a modified 400ex and plan to get a 416 or 440 kit. Is it worth it to get the Millenium or get a Tapered bearing carrier. Or what do you guys have and what do you think is the best.

Thanks Duner

01-29-2002, 03:34 PM
RPM should make a millinium tapered carrier..

Dave400ex
01-29-2002, 04:42 PM
I would get the RPM Carrier. I think Rico said they had a Lifetime Warranty in another Post. You can`t go wrong with that.

Stevo
01-29-2002, 07:29 PM
Yeh i'm gonna have to get a new carrier soon, so if u get one let me know how it is

01-29-2002, 08:51 PM
I have the RPM twin row on my 300ex, I'm very happy with it. It was on it when I bought my 300ex used in 1997. It still works great.... even with my big butt!!

I went with a tappered bearing recently for my 400ex. I honestly can't feel a difference between the two, but I like how I can easily grease the carrier on my Recreations Unlimited carrier.

I personally have not heard of anyone having problems with the twin row carriers....have you?? :huh

Good luck shopping

01-29-2002, 08:54 PM
Buy the tapered bearing carrier. The way it works is, The tapered bearings can withstand more side load pressure. Evertime you slide your rear end around you are applying pressure on the side of your stock bearings. Roller bearings (stock) are designed to withstand downward and forward and reverse loads, Not side loads. The reason manufactors use them is because they are cheap and need to be replaced ($$$$). However tapered bearings can take tons of side load pressure, forward, reverse and up and down. Just about every car and truck manufacted uses tapered bearings because of safteyand longevety (sp). If you buy the tapered bearings be sure to grease them real good when you install them and take them apart once a year or more and regease them. They will last a long time if you take care of them. They wont rust out and leave you stranded for the weeked either. They are worth the 200-250 they cost.

Hope this helps....

hetrick425ex
02-01-2002, 06:27 AM
i havent heard to much about the RPM one butit sounds like a good product... i like the baldwin ones!