PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me its a walsh frame!

NTPracing22
09-06-2003, 08:46 PM
In the new ATVsport they have a project bike-a yzf450 that a couple guys built with all JRD parts. They said the chassis was a JRD...do you think that JRD could have copied walsh any more? The front plastic no-bolt removal design, and the rear plastic easy-open...and even the adjustable front shock mounts was taken from walsh racecraft.

oh well, I guess you make and sell what works eh, even if it does mean 'borrowing' ideas from another company. :( :ermm:

trx400ex
09-06-2003, 09:36 PM
aarms are pure roll design:rolleyes:

Juggalo
09-06-2003, 10:33 PM
same quality as walsh/roll but only have the price. ain't nothin wrong with that in my book. i hope it puts those guys with the rediculous prices out of buisness or at least forces them to make their prices reasonable.

NTPracing22
09-07-2003, 08:26 AM
yeah walsh and roll are very expensive, i think half the price is the name. but obviously price doesn't bother peple, seeing how its an 8month wait on a walsh 450f frame

R-Crazy
09-07-2003, 08:49 AM
i dont know about the copying, but that is one of the nicest bikes i have seen in a while. WOW.

dave

Guy400
09-07-2003, 09:19 AM
I look at it both ways. One side, yes it's great they're selling a similar product at half the price. But the other side, it makes me a little nervous to buy a product from someone who lacks the mechanical engineering knowledge to actually design and build their own stuff. Do they actually know what works or are they simply copying?

JTRtrx250r
09-07-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Juggalo
same quality as walsh/roll but only have the price. ain't nothin wrong with that in my book. i hope it puts those guys with the rediculous prices out of buisness or at least forces them to make their prices reasonable. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!!!!!!:cuss:

James70214
09-07-2003, 04:04 PM
You guys are all bashing JRD and you really don't know much about them. Go to a national and you will see at least a dozen JRD bikes. I pitted next to them in Virginia and there stuff is top notch. As far as testing they have quite a few guys running A class and Pro am. They hold up just as well as all of the other manufacturers. If you look at their frame and walsh's there are quite a few differences. Also you can run a CRF, YZF, and a R motor in the same frame just by changing the motor mounts. I don't see anyone else's frame being able to do that.

NTPRacing#19
09-07-2003, 04:47 PM
jrd is new and walsh has been doing this almost about ten years now. jrd copys designing there fore doesnt cost as much for research and design. Walsh racecraft researchs and tests and designs the chassis components and chassis therefore costing more money.

i would rather go with that company for the extra money to have the confidence that it will perform and last like no other. it will most likely be less costly in the end

Pappy
09-07-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
I look at it both ways. One side, yes it's great they're selling a similar product at half the price. But the other side, it makes me a little nervous to buy a product from someone who lacks the mechanical engineering knowledge to actually design and build their own stuff. Do they actually know what works or are they simply copying?

ive held walsh...and roll a arms in my hands.....same with jrd. trust me...there is a big difference.

i dont wanna slam jrd...but theres a reason they are half the cost

Guy400
09-07-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i dont wanna slam jrd...but theres a reason they are half the cost That's my sentiment too but I tried to be a little more diplomatic...lmao:D

JHF219
09-07-2003, 05:14 PM
I dont know the JRD guys but i have met and talked with Mike Walsh at St. Louis Pro quads actually i pitted right next to him !! i bought an arens chassis cause of the money and the fact that John Knows what the hell he is doing !! if at the time i had the money i would have bought the Walsh Chassis mike is a gift to chassis building !! JRD might have good stuff but do they really have the skill and the knowledge to be building new parts themselves?

09-07-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i dont wanna slam jrd...but theres a reason they are half the cost maybe theres a reason Burgards are so cheap too J/K:devil:

Atreyu
09-07-2003, 05:22 PM
somebody who owns their products should do an evaluation for the class...

Pappy
09-07-2003, 05:25 PM
i asked burgard about his pricing, and he told me there is no reason to over charge for the standard a arms he makes. his new style are priced competitvley with the others.

as far as what i didnt like about the jrd a arms ive seen....they felt very light...as in thin tubing. im no engineer so i cant say they are weaker then any other etc. secondly i didnt lik the components used in thier ball joints. third.....one of the mounting points was cut on an angle....not like on purpose...but like thats the last part they had in the world and used it anyway. the other a arm didnt have that cut so i can pretty much assure you it wasnt supposed to be that way.

they have a good reputation and like i said....i dont wanna slam them. they have a loyal following and i wish them much success. i have seen other stuff they have made and from appearences it looked like good stuff

Scottie Mac
09-07-2003, 06:48 PM
Andy Lohr's JRD CRF450 is the best handling ATV I have ever ridden. Basically, JRD bought a Roll chassis and "copied" it. They are similar, but JRD did some improvements such as the gullwing style swingarm. As far as longevity goes, I don't know, they haven't been around long enough, but it does handle awesome.

Scott

PS
No offence, to Roll, but it is a slap in the face hte ammounts he charges for chassis. When wll aftermarket companies realize they are killing the sport with there outragous prices. Funny, because of them, we now have the pro production class, which will eventually put the mod class to bed. :(

NTPracing22
09-07-2003, 06:53 PM
JHForman250R I dont know the JRD guys but i have met and talked with Mike Walsh at St. Louis Pro quads actually i pitted right next to him !! i bought an arens chassis cause of the money and the fact that John Knows what the hell he is doing !! if at the time i had the money i would have bought the Walsh Chassis mike is a gift to chassis building !! JRD might have good stuff but do they really have the skill and the knowledge to be building new parts themselves?

yeah mike walsh is a gift to chassis making..and to amlify that fact, the shop they work out of is a little biger than a 2 story chicken coop. They are nice guys and i'd rather save the money for a quality product like what they produce than buy something of the ''same quality" for cheaper.

Pappy
09-07-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Scottie Mac

No offence, to Roll, but it is a slap in the face hte ammounts he charges for chassis. When wll aftermarket companies realize they are killing the sport with there outragous prices. Funny, because of them, we now have the pro production class, which will eventually put the mod class to bed. :(

hell..it aint just his frames....i bought one of roll's rear brakes levers, chrome one. THE SOB RUSTED IN 3 DAYS:mad:

exriderdude
09-07-2003, 07:02 PM
i heard that Roll had a 700% mark-up.... seems like a good deal to me:ermm: :rolleyes:

NTPracing22
09-07-2003, 07:19 PM
i believe it, mostly all auto parts have a 500-600% markup

Ryan
09-07-2003, 07:37 PM
You know everyone in different sports are always copying off one another. To me is just another selection out there, and for half the price! That might give a kick in the but to the other chassis builders to lower there prices.

The more competiton, the lower the prices ;) .