PDA

View Full Version : Home Made Grafix Kit///troy Lee Designs///

"BLAHH"300!!
01-29-2002, 02:18 PM
aight.here the deal....if you look in.CHAPARRAL.or.DENNIS KIRK catalogs...and many other's.you see some TROY LEE DESIGNS stickers.ok.there always by helmuts so i'm guessin' there helmut decals right..??......anyone know how big they are..i'm guessin around a foot long and about 2 inches maybe 3 inches wide..am i right.??......well i went to a place today called "SIGNS FIRST" and had them look at the picture i wanted to get blown up and put on a sticker tough enugh to use as a graphix kit for my quad ....they said they needed a bigger picture....so i got a freind of mine."real good artist" do re draw it in larger scale so they could scan it.........(....follow me man.this won't take long.....)......
i got the mesurements for the nose and rear fender's and that little piece of plastic behind the seat.ahight...they said it would be about $30.00 a foot...these are my mesurments....
NOSE----9 INCHES WIDE----13 INCHES LONG
REAR FENDER'S-----7 INCHES WIDE----23 INCHES LONG
BEHIND THE SEAT...I GUESSTAMATED THIS...4 INCHES WIDE---12 INCHES LONG....NOW HERE'S MY QUESTION.....
would the price of all this be worth it....the decals' that i want (for helmuts) is $12.50..from dennis kirk...look for troy lee...(flaming dragon or dragon flames).....do the math on all this and think about it....some of you may not like the design..but thats not what i'm asking.i'm asking...is the price the guy gave me at "SIGNS FIRST" over priced..?........

question 2.........how big are these sticker's when you order from dennis kirk....how big are the helmut decals....
with the above mesurements....it cover's the nose of the bike and most of the rear fender's i think it would look pretty neat and be original.....should i pay or am i being played..?

ima' go ahead and add in here.....i'm thinking about the (red fade to orange/yellow) for the stock red fender's...then sometime in the future i plan on getting the zest orange mair plastic(.(unless they come out with grey plastic before then))....then i'm ganna get the (blue fade to grey/white),,,,,,,,,<<<-----!!!-----yeah haha....just checked my e-mail....i e-mailed maier yesterday about the grey plastic ...(karenb@maier-mfg) replied..." we will have a silver plastic avalible for your bike in a couple of monthes (it's a dark metallic grey color) as far as i know the prices will be around $171.52 for the racing front and $173.68 for the standerd rear fender's. try back in a couple of months"..)...haha.looks like i'm getting grey with blue and yellow.....bet.....now answer my questions.

"BLAHH"300!!
01-30-2002, 07:40 AM
45 people have looked at this thread...no-on has replyed..
i know some of you have an opinion on the subject....
...help me out...

01-30-2002, 10:34 AM
thats a decent price they are charging you... I have had stickers made and its alot of work once they start mixing colors and what not.. and when the graphics get to be small its even more of a pain in the arse... I am in the process of desining my own graphis kit myself simply cuase I dont like any of the ones offered.. and Plus I like to be original... Go for it... Let me know how it turns out.

Gerry

Chef
01-30-2002, 10:36 AM
I think it will look really good, and that is a pretty good price. Get a seat made to match too.

"BLAHH"300!!
01-30-2002, 12:29 PM
i already have the HI-FLITE red and white flames on my seat..
but getting the orange and red fade tribal flames for a seat cover would be tight.....
....who could i get to make the seat cover..?.....
i'm not sure if this place i went to does stuff like that....

Chef
01-30-2002, 10:54 PM
i would try B.A.D Saddle. They seem to make that kind of stuff. There are adds in the back of dirtwheels and I think that there is a link on this site...