PDA

View Full Version : Got bad news.......Cracked frame.....

QuadJunkies
09-04-2003, 06:59 PM
WEll we took in the Predator to have some last minute things looked over before the 6 month warrenty kicked out and to have ther advice on a steering issue, and just as I suspected.....Two cracks in the frame:mad: :grr: on both sides of the tank!!!! and a bent steering stem .Good news is. Polaris has been replacing the frames and it looks like from what the dealer told us, it ahould be that for us too.Ill feel better when I get it in writing first:confused: Any of you Predator owners out there, be sure and check this out before your warrenty is up.In our case we have 4 years of extended also, so it would have been covered anyways .but this way its free.;) Ive seen a few others hae this issue on the first born Predators. Save yourself a headache later and check it over ............Tina ;)

09-04-2003, 07:42 PM
Save yourself a headache later and check it over ............Tina

Hmm how many cracked frames on your Honda LMAO :D :blah:

JK

I hope they handle it for you and when you get it back you should look into some gusseting etc.

QuadJunkies
09-04-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
Hmm how many cracked frames on your Honda LMAO :D :blah:

JK

I hope they handle it for you and when you get it back you should look into some gusseting etc. you know..... I should go out and look sometime!!!!:eek: :p Yes, gusseting will be happenin...............;)

Jennys440'Dale
09-05-2003, 12:31 AM
This isn't gonna mess up you racin' plans, is it? :( Hope you get it fixed soon Tina!

stock400ex
09-05-2003, 02:36 AM
i have a worry about a weld by the front bumper, I will take a picture of it whenever i get home and hopefully it will show. see if you guys think it will be a problem in the future. Im not too worried about it yet. I have only had it for 6 days.

btw: how much does it cost to get the extended warrenty, and can i still get it after i have already purchased the quad. I would think just as long as my 6 month is still good?? :confused:

Natertot426ex
09-05-2003, 03:25 AM
Tell troy to loose a couple pounds and maybe the thing wouldn't have so many troubles:D :D

QuadJunkies
09-05-2003, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
Tell troy to loose a couple pounds and maybe the thing wouldn't have so many troubles:D :D LMAO! Im not going to tell him that!!!!:o :p you tell him!!!!!!!!:D

QuadJunkies
09-05-2003, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by stock400ex
i have a worry about a weld by the front bumper, I will take a picture of it whenever i get home and hopefully it will show. see if you guys think it will be a problem in the future. Im not too worried about it yet. I have only had it for 6 days.

btw: how much does it cost to get the extended warrenty, and can i still get it after i have already purchased the quad. I would think just as long as my 6 month is still good?? :confused: Go have your dealercheck it out ASAP. If you have a crack in your frame....your not riding safe:eek2: ..The extended warrenty varies from state to state in price for me it was 500.00 I think for 4 years...worth EVERY dime .We all know how fast 500.00 adds up on a quad. I have talked with other Predator owners on another forum who had as little as 12 hours and cracked there frames.:( ..I dont think you can by the warrenty after signing your contract already, but its worth calling your dealer and asking them. There may be a grace period.....;)

QuadJunkies
09-05-2003, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Jennys440'Dale
This isn't gonna mess up you racin' plans, is it? :( Hope you get it fixed soon Tina! nope...Cause I got my Honda 400ex!!!!:blah: and we know how Honda will run........LOL>...... may not be as fast but she will do me just fine....;) I have a good feeling Polaris will do the right thing and warrenty ,the only problem is, I worry it will effect Troys MX season for the next few weeks:( MAybe if I tell him to get me some new suspention Ill let him borrow the 400ex....:o :p

AlaskaSpeed
09-09-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
WEll we took in the Predator to have some last minute things looked over before the 6 month warrenty kicked out and to have ther advice on a steering issue, and just as I suspected.....Two cracks in the frame:mad: :grr: on both sides of the tank!!!! and a bent steering stem .Good news is. Polaris has been replacing the frames and it looks like from what the dealer told us, it ahould be that for us too.Ill feel better when I get it in writing first:confused: Any of you Predator owners out there, be sure and check this out before your warrenty is up.In our case we have 4 years of extended also, so it would have been covered anyways .but this way its free.;) Ive seen a few others hae this issue on the first born Predators. Save yourself a headache later and check it over ............Tina ;)

Tina, the guy that raced with us this season on a PRedator had same thing happen in same exact place....add in repeated front and rear brake caliper freezing, breaking, locking up, etc....and you have nothing but a headache for him.......JIM

Juggalo
09-09-2003, 08:43 PM
yeah the predator frames are breakin left and right. it almost makes you think suzuki made em!!

QuadJunkies
09-09-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
yeah the predator frames are breakin left and right. it almost makes you think suzuki made em!! LMAO! ITs getting replaced from the sounds of things. ITs all welded for the time being. Ill have snother 6 months on this Frame too. Im glad I bought a 4 yea r warrenty.....:confused2 Still happy with the quad overall though........:)

batgeek
09-09-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
yeah the predator frames are breakin left and right. it almost makes you think suzuki made em!!

true dat!! :D

Crf150f
09-24-2003, 02:06 PM
that really sucks

Atreyu
09-24-2003, 07:06 PM
well doesent that just suck...:p sorry to hear QJ..your one smart female..