PDA

View Full Version : Help...Fuel Problems

balla250ex
09-04-2003, 01:43 PM
I am having some fuel problems... If I don't run my quad on reserve, it spit's and sputters. One of my friends said there is a "tube" like thing that sticks up from the bottom of the tank, and when you are running the fuel setting on "on", the fuel goes through that "Tube". If that is right I am guessing something is clogging up that tube. If I run it on reserve it is fine.

Any body have any suggestions??

Ryan
09-04-2003, 02:10 PM
Try taking off your gas hose (The one from the gas tank to the Gas/Reserve piece). Don't disconnect the reserve hose, just the regular gas hose. if the fuel is comming out very slowly, the blow through the hose to try to get the piece of dirt out of the line.

It would probably be a better idea to drain the gas completely and see if you can sifen (SP?) the air or dirt out of that hose with your mouth.

F-16Guy
09-04-2003, 02:30 PM
That tube has a screen filter molded into it. Empty your tank on reserve, pull the entire petcock assembly off of the tank, and you should be able to see what's causing the problem.

Texan32
09-04-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
That tube has a screen filter molded into it. Empty your tank on reserve, pull the entire petcock assembly off of the tank, and you should be able to see what's causing the problem.

yeah, what he said....:cool:

balla250ex
09-05-2003, 07:34 PM
Thanks guys...I appreciate it. Looks like time to get out the service manual :) .

chrisp333
09-07-2003, 12:52 PM
you definately wont go wrong with a service manual. make sure its the factory manual. heard of some discrepencies in the clymer and haynes.

nakomis0
09-07-2003, 01:57 PM
U really dont need a manual after you remove the tank theres just 2 10mm bolts that hold the petcock(sp).

Mine does the same thing. I removed everything and blew compressed air into the line and it made it flow somewhat better, but it still flows alot better in reserve for some reason.

balla250ex
09-07-2003, 01:59 PM
Do you run with urs in reserve?