PDA

View Full Version : Important:::read

stupid driver
09-03-2003, 02:02 PM
I called service honda today to see how they were coming with my engine. (they have been on backorder). This is what they told me:
They said that honda has been having some MAJOR problems with the new 400 engines. There have been countless cases of seized bearings, resulted in motors blowing. Pooh told me that they have engineers working on it day and night. This is not good if it is true. What gets me is this though: they havnt had a problem w/ the engine in 4 years, and all of a sudden this big issue comes up. Has anyone else heard about this problem?

P.S. Im not bashing honda. I bleed honda red:blah:

The440Exorcist
09-03-2003, 03:32 PM
haven't heard of anything wrong, but its always possible a bad batch of crank bearings could come out. I'll knock on wood for mine...im still running the stock rod for now:rolleyes:

stupid driver
09-03-2003, 04:34 PM
i still cant believe my rod went on a STOCK BORE motor. all it had was a pipe and carb on it. Pisses me off :(

chrisp333
09-03-2003, 04:57 PM
now the BIG question is...

change the crank now to prevent it from blowing...

or

wait till it blowws and spend even more money fixing it???

decisions decisions:huh

09-03-2003, 05:00 PM
that sucks, im sure honda will get it squared away, i bet it only affects a certain batch of the late models

stupid driver
09-03-2003, 05:14 PM
ya, its only a batch of the 2004's. Not cool. But im sure they will get it ironed out eventually ;)