PDA

View Full Version : Cam N Hardened Arms

chrisp333
09-03-2003, 12:38 PM
getting a custom cam for XC and i am told that i dont need hardened rockers. i believe the guy, do you think it is a good idea anyway???

will it keep me running longer in the long run or should i stick to the stockers?

am i going to need to rejet?:huh 

thanks

Silverfox@C&DRacing
09-03-2003, 01:30 PM
What brand of cam is it? If it is a billet cam(hotcams) then the hard faced rockers will eat the cam alive.. but if the cam is a regound one(web,whitebrothers, ect) then you should get the hardfaced rockers

400exride.red
09-03-2003, 03:49 PM
just a quick note on hard facing ive seen several differant ads for hard facing from several differant companies thta produce atv cams i found when doing them for my friends quads that they run about $60 a rocker arm i felt this was extreemly expensive so i did some checkin around and found that hard facing is a common practice in the automotive cam regrinding business and had all the rocker arms hard faced forom a local cam regrinder for $40 total for a 400 ex my other friend did his through powerall and it was $330 huge differance and i putt5 the two side by side and found they were identical and every one i talked w said there was no diff car or atv just throwin that out there in wa i would reccomend delta cams they did mt friends and works well he used a white bros cam 10 hours so far no probs and the other friend did web cam same ride time no probs iether

chrisp333
09-03-2003, 04:47 PM
DEFINATLY NOT HOTCAMS:p

THANKS FOR THE INFO