PDA

View Full Version : backup quad??

remlapr
09-03-2003, 11:44 AM
I've found a 98 Warrior that I can pick up for $1600 that is in decent shape with a pipe,skids plates and a couple other little things. I'm thinking about buying it mainly for my friends and some family that don't have a quad to use occasionally and also just to have as a second bike to use if mine is ever broke down.

Has anyone else done this - and I'm not talking about a backup or practice race bike, I mean just bought a quad for your friends or whoever to use? Were you happy you did it? Or did it just end up sitting around and never getting used?

ghost_ryder
09-03-2003, 11:51 AM
i would buy another quad as a backup...and when i wouldn't use it i'd let my friends ride it cause i hate going riding by myself...so if i was you i would do it

09-03-2003, 12:04 PM
id never let friends ride my quads cause they mess stuff up on purpose & think its funny & dont know how much time & money it costs to fix things :huh

remlapr
09-03-2003, 12:13 PM
Well - it would mainly be my two brother in laws and only a couple of close friends that would never trash my stuff like that. I'm also worried about having to maintain two bikes though. I like to ride quads, not sit around and work on them all the time...

hondarider2006
09-03-2003, 12:21 PM
yeah it would be a good idea to have 2 quads until someone riding one of them decides to do somthing dumb and destroy it. I wouldn't mind haveing 2 400's, but the only people riding them besides me is my girlfriend and best friend.....I am also like you, I hate it when things break...I am all about riding, not working:devil:

linkcmd88
09-03-2003, 12:41 PM
ya i have a 250ex and its my mess arond bike some times i even take it to the races for fun

Butters
09-03-2003, 01:00 PM
i'd do it. if i could i would buy myself a better quad and let some of my friends ride mine.

JessetheKid
09-03-2003, 01:19 PM
i got an extra quad i bout for a pratic bike and i really aing got time for it its a sweet quad a 250r/ a honda 200x motor in it, it is really fast for a 200 but i just aint got time its for sale 1500

CowsBitePeople
09-03-2003, 02:54 PM
I woldnt let ur friends ride it I did that been out of a quad for 2 months stiill out also has to do with a guy im getting thre parts from:mad:

Adam202
09-03-2003, 02:58 PM
98 blaster, Fresh 20 over build. good condition. 1,000$. located in the oakland county area of Michigan.

Martin Blair
09-03-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
I've found a 98 Warrior that I can pick up for $1600 that is in decent shape with a pipe,skids plates and a couple other little things. I'm thinking about buying it mainly for my friends and some family that don't have a quad to use occasionally and also just to have as a second bike to use if mine is ever broke down.

Has anyone else done this - and I'm not talking about a backup or practice race bike, I mean just bought a quad for your friends or whoever to use? Were you happy you did it? Or did it just end up sitting around and never getting used?

rich *******

09-04-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by remlapr

Has anyone else done this - and I'm not talking about a backup or practice race bike, I mean just bought a quad for your friends or whoever to use? Were you happy you did it? Or did it just end up sitting around and never getting used? i found a modded up warrior in the paper for $3000 dollars and thinkin of gettin it

Atreyu
09-04-2003, 11:08 AM
I woldnt let ur friends ride it I did that been out of a quad for 2 months stiill out also has to do with a guy im getting thre parts from

:devil: :devil: :devil:

*FoX*KiD*
09-04-2003, 04:00 PM
Crazy400exMan id never let friends ride my quads cause they mess stuff up on purpose & think its funny & dont know how much time & money it costs to fix things

man you must have some pretty crappy friends i always have my friends out and we trade quads i'll let them ride my 400 and i'll ride like the 250x or sumthing

my friends have never fliped or broken nething

i even took one to the dunes

and he dont have a quad

Braff1
09-04-2003, 05:43 PM
Remlapr, man you ought to try to maintain 3 quads. At least Kyrie helps me out in changing oil, brakes, etc.

300exOH
09-05-2003, 02:19 AM
I maintain 3 quads now adn it'll be 4 next summer. If it helps the Warrior is a low maintenence quad. I'd do it if i had the extra cash. Just be careful who you let ride it and you should be fine.

wilkin250r
09-05-2003, 10:40 AM
I always hated riding alone. I started out on a 250X, then upgraded to a 250r, but I still keep the X as a backup in case my buddy comes into town. Right now I'm in the process of doing the 350X conversion so the two quads will be a bit more equal to ride.

Backup quads are always handy to have. If one of my buddies did something stupid and broke something on it, I trust that he'll pay for it, otherwise I'd never let him ride it. If you can't trust your friends to respect your stuff, then why are they your friends?

remlapr
09-05-2003, 11:23 AM
Thanks for all the replies - Braff, as you know I don't even like spending the time it takes to maintain my 400 LOL. I actually would be worried about my friends getting out there and getting hurt more then anything. I'd feel pretty bad if one of my buddies that has a family to support broke something and couldn't work. I think I'm going to wait until after the 10th just in case I suddenly need all the extra cash I can get :uhoh:

I just hope it doesn't sell before that :ermm:

crazybuffalo
09-06-2003, 08:07 PM
i would go for it

I-7
09-06-2003, 08:34 PM
I think you should go for it but i would make whoever rides it a release form incase they wreck it :devil:

kwatts400
09-06-2003, 10:36 PM
I really liked having a backup quad on my trip to silver lake this summer. It came in handy when my friends banshee wouldn't run right. The 400ex ran well enough for him that he wants to buy it from me now!!! HELLO NEW R!