PDA

View Full Version : airbox modifications!!!!

erichsen18
09-02-2003, 04:55 PM
i was wondering how could i get more air into the motor and i thought of cuttin the airbox and leaving the lid off and stuff like that but i was wondering if there was anything better like puttin some kinda vents on the sides with foam in them or something. has anyone done this, let me know?

Diedrich
09-02-2003, 04:56 PM
i got 6 1" holes in my lid with the uni foam filters in them..works good..but i think im gonna rejet and run with my airbox lid off soon

mx400
09-03-2003, 01:49 AM
buy the sparks racing airbox mod. the mod works great and will let lots more air in. very good mod imo

nakomis0
09-03-2003, 04:39 AM
I never really care for air box mods. IMO just take the lid off... there you have plenty of air. Then if it rains or is muddy.... just put the lid back on. And when winter comes.. and your bike runs leaner because of the cold... put the lid back on and it helps correct the jetting.

And when you run with your airbox off pull the drain plug, so if any water does get in it just drains out.

I modded an airbox lid before, on my Blaster. I had holes, then then I had holes with filters. It was just a waste of time. And I never had a complete airbox lid for if I did want to do some water or mud riding.

a1965gt
09-03-2003, 06:47 AM
I have used the UNI 1" filters wich worked OK, think I had 18 of them on the lid... literaly covered with them.
Then I tried the EHS lid modification... its like $40 and it runs just like it does with no lid at all, noticable difference. This mod uses Outerwear material to cover the hole with a nice billit frame, it will help keep out water and large debris.
PS: Ill sell my UNI modified lid cheap, the UNI lid keeps more of the really fine dust out but doesnt breath quite as well.

erichsen18
09-03-2003, 09:57 AM
hey im new to this stuff so where can i get a EHS lid at?

PHIL_B54
09-03-2003, 10:00 AM
http://www.ehsracing.com/