PDA

View Full Version : 96mph? cop harassment?

killed300ex
09-02-2003, 03:11 PM
ok heres the deal i got pulled over in my truck this weekend its a 1992 chevy 1500 5 spd with the 305 had the wheeler in the back loaded with coolers and stuff for a weekend of capming prolly a good 700-800 pounds of crap and he said he got me for 96 mph? Think its even possible to go that fast in my truck i dont i know i was going fast but not that fast.
Also he approached my car and asked me to get out i said ok and got out and he said go to the back of the car i was like ok then he flips a gasket on my sayin he has been out here for 4 f*cking hours and rambeled on for like 5 mins before he finaly told me my speed pated me down then took lisnce and reg. went back to the crusor(this was at a bunch of cops who had a bunch of people pulled over) i watched in my rear veiw mirror as he made out the ticket and another officer asked what the ticket was for he looked at the guuy and goes 96mph with a smirk on his face like he was braging cause hes going to be an ******* to my cause im 16. I will be the first to admit i was speeding but it was so obvious he was lying about my speed he didnt like me said i was going 31 over wich is the cut off for a court date instead of a ticket. My questions are is it allowed of cops to swear at the people and fool with the speeds on tickets and would my truck even go that fast?
Sry there are prolly alot of missspellings ect in this but i am still pissed off about it jjust had to vent
killed

AlaskaSpeed
09-02-2003, 03:14 PM
yes, they can....especially when it comes to teens.....:)

mikeboone
09-02-2003, 03:18 PM
Anybodys guess if your truck would run that. I would find a GOOD not cheap local lawyer to handle the case. It COULD be your speedo needs calibrating. Prolly $800 will get you improper equipment charge. If this was on an interstate you have good chances to make it go away.

AtvMxRider
09-02-2003, 03:19 PM
:ermm: Ok suppose a family was going down the road and you had run over them cause you were hauling *** down the road.......:grr: You got caught for speeding and I don't think the cop(as much as you kids would like to think) lied about how fast you were going. So quit crying.......:rolleyes:

AlaskaSpeed
09-02-2003, 03:22 PM
who pissed in Jerry's cornflakes?:rolleyes: :eek: :huh

killed300ex
09-02-2003, 03:22 PM
dude here is the thing i wasnt even going faster than half the traffic and i know i wasnt going that fast it just pisses me off how much cops hate teenagers
killed

killed300ex
09-02-2003, 03:23 PM
i had 3 cars around me to oone in front prolly like 700-800 feet i was creeping up on him slowly and the oher 2 were following my ridin my *** explain why i was picked out not them? or all of us
killed

Adam202
09-02-2003, 03:26 PM
theres really no sense in arguing about police, theres absoulutly nothing you can do.

chucked
09-02-2003, 03:27 PM
cops are dicks to teenagers, period. you cant do anything about it without gettin screwed even more.

AtvMxRider
Originally posted by killed300ex
it just pisses me off how much cops hate teenagers
killed

It's not just cops.......:ermm:

chucked
Originally posted by Adam202
theres really no sense in arguing about police, theres absoulutly nothing you can do.

09-02-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
who pissed in Jerry's cornflakes?:rolleyes: :eek: :huh

lmgdao i thought he liked a lil pee in his corn flakes???? hes kinda wierd like that. And btw alaska how come u banned me on aim???

AlaskaSpeed
09-02-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by 93 300ex
lmgdao i thought he liked a lil pee in his corn flakes???? hes kinda wierd like that. And btw alaska how come u banned me on aim???

I hate teens too.....:o :D

AlaskaSpeed
09-02-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
It's not just cops.......:ermm:

lmao...yeah the list includes diesel mechanics and forklift operators as well...........;)

Adam202
09-02-2003, 03:32 PM
cops can screw over anyone, yea they target teenagers but theres a reason for it, We are new drivers. its not like a cop will pull you over for no reason.

darrell43031
09-02-2003, 03:33 PM
okay here's what i know. your truck should have a govener on it shuting down at 95mph. plus you would have to be really pushing the truck to get it up there with all that crap in the back. okay you were speeding and that's rights to get a ticket. but you have the right 16 or not to ask to look at the radar in his cruiser and to ask when it was last calibrated and to see the records on it. assuming it was radar and not laser. i'm 22 and i'm here to tell you thats got me out of a couple tickets!! when i start asking questions like that if there lying they just give me a warning and get pi$$ed off and go back to the cruiser. i think highway cops just get bored after awhile it's not there fault. but if you were speeding you deserve the ticket but with the correct speed!!

killed!!

darrell

Brad
09-02-2003, 03:34 PM
was he a state cop? cause i was a witness to a act of brutal stupidity and there was one buttmunch yellin at me for 10 minutes i made him feel like an *** tho because his partner asked me to be there:rolleyes:

09-02-2003, 03:35 PM
i had 3 cars around me to oone in front prolly like 700-800 feet i was creeping up on him slowly and the oher 2 were following my ridin my *** explain why i was picked out not them? or all of us
killed

because, the person leading sets the pace, the cops always go after the first person in line, its always been that way, the cars following are traveling with the flow of traffic even if there pushing u to go faster you dont have to, some cops can be dicks but if u werent speeding in the first place u wouldnt of gotten pulled over

Adam202
09-02-2003, 03:35 PM
that hurts my feelings :ermm:

chucked
09-02-2003, 03:42 PM
was he a state cop? cause i was a witness to a act of brutal stupidity and there was one buttmunch yellin at me for 10 minutes i made him feel like an *** tho because his partner asked me to be there

i dont get it

09-02-2003, 03:42 PM
yeh really me and alaska were having a good convo on aim and then all the sudden he got off and hes never been back again and i know he is on but he banned me for no reason. i guess some people get thier nuts off doin that stuff. :blah: if u swing that way talk to jerry he'll hook u up.

Brad
09-02-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by chucked
i dont get it

we were riding at a pit where no one had there helmets on, and some kid fell out of the back of an s10 when they were racing thjere pickups but they got the quads invoilved and sum chick said i saw it and the 1st statie told me to come over and we talked for awhile then the second pulls up askin questions like a drill instructor and i only gave him sarcastic answers until the 1st one told him i didnt have anythin to do with it, he felt like an ***:blah:

chucked
09-02-2003, 03:56 PM
ooooooooooooooooooooo

09-02-2003, 04:23 PM
tell that one cop to go fuc off right in his face and see what happens.

JUSTINcredible
09-02-2003, 04:37 PM
that'd get u a luxery ride to the county lock up

Narly R
09-02-2003, 04:41 PM

Ya Teens CAN be cool, ya know!:rolleyes:

But me and my friend got pulled over he was 16 (well my dad got pulled over he just talked to us) but he did so cause my dad had no tail lights and he wanted us to fallow him so a cop got up beside us and we wouldnt let him behind my dad, and he had a reason to be mad, he was a little, but he was cool about it. My dad didnt get a ticket. But Killed I would DEFENTLY fight that! Cause that will bring inshurance up! Try to not go too fast! And good luck! some cops are cool.... there all human Beings like us!:)

L.Vegas400
09-02-2003, 05:01 PM
load your stuff back up and see if it will go that fast. if not, youll know for sure he is full of it, and go to your court date with some facts. who knows the cop may not even show up, case dismissed.

JUSTINcredible
09-02-2003, 05:09 PM
yea i like his idea, but once u top out take a pic of the speedometer...

that would get u out of a ticket....... jk :p

09-02-2003, 05:15 PM
yeah , see judge hes lieing i tried to go as fast as i could and it would only go 91

DEAL
09-02-2003, 05:17 PM
Well, I wouldn't get all upset about it.
Its one speeding ticket.
I'm sure if he wanted to lie and get you in trouble he could have done alot worse.

popo
09-02-2003, 05:21 PM
My questions are is it allowed of cops to swear at the people and fool with the speeds on tickets and would my truck even go that fast?

Yes we can god dahm it..... I have never been beating in court regarding a speeding ticket, cause I only ticket the slow people.

09-02-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by popo
Yes we can god dahm it..... I have never been beating in court regarding a speeding ticket, cause I only ticket the slow people.

LMAO

Seriously dont bother fighting with the officer over a ticket unless you want to get a collection of them.

Allways ask nicely if he can give you a break and explain why you were doing what ever but if its not going your way just shut up and move on.

Fight the ticket if you like in court but best is to talk with the prosecutor and work out a deal that should (not deff) save your points and a few dollars, but if your record is a mile long forget it.

popo
09-02-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
LMAO

Seriously dont bother fighting with the officer over a ticket unless you want to get a collection of them.

Say what ?? You watched the movie Super Troopers too much.

Allways ask nicely if he can give you a break and explain why you were doing what ever but if its not going your way just shut up and move on.

Crying always helps too.

Fight the ticket if you like in court but best is to talk with the prosecutor and work out a deal that should

Like the prosecuter cares. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY TO HIM= yours....

SGA
09-02-2003, 06:28 PM
Sorry to hear you got a ticket. Is this your first one? I have gotten tickets before. I was speeding, I got the ticket, I paid the fine. I was in the wrong and knew it.
The cop was just doing his job, he does not want you speeding and killing yourself or someone else.
I drive like a friggin old granny these days, well, mostly. Sometimes about 5- 10 mph over the speed limit. Never had a cop stop me doing that. Its just not worth it to me to get a ticket.

jamiesel
09-02-2003, 06:45 PM
See if he has a daughter and start hanging around with her, that will teach him...

I am sure he would love to see her sitting in your truck:)

popo
09-02-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by jamiesel
See if he has a daughter and start hanging around with her, that will teach him...

I am sure he would love to see her sitting in your truck:)

No way, I dated a Police officers daughter once. Tried to touch the cookie and whoo pish. She knew more popo moves than I did.

Finally had to date a Lawyers daughter to see the http://users.iglide.net/gbelbeck/boobies.gif thou I had to sign a release form.

L.Vegas400
09-02-2003, 08:07 PM
Finally had to date a Lawyers daughter to see the http://users.iglide.net/gbelbeck/boobies.gif

buuhhhaaaaa thats great. i dont know about around your area, but back home they will fight for the high school kids that get caught trying to build a meth lab. :mad:

SGA
09-02-2003, 08:19 PM
No way, I dated a Police officers daughter once. Tried to touch the cookie and whoo pish. She knew more popo moves than I did.

Finally had to date a Lawyers daughter to see the http://users.iglide.net/gbelbeck/boobies.gif
LMAO!:D

killed300ex
09-02-2003, 11:40 PM
well if i can get the fact that my truck governs out at 95 then i would be more than happy like darrel mentioned because if i even brought it down 1 mph it would just be a fine and it would look better on insurance. I can live with the cop being a dink to me but i just want to get the ticket lowered that way the price is different. The difereance would be about $300 so to me that 1 mph would make a huge differance
killed

jcv400ex
09-03-2003, 01:12 AM

don't worry, feelings aren't important....especially in here :scary:

Taco
09-03-2003, 01:15 AM
on my dad's 96 chevy it is governed at 98mph like most chevy vehicles but i think that was the first yr for it.

jcv400ex
09-03-2003, 01:16 AM

Finally had to date a Lawyers daughter to see the http://users.iglide.net/gbelbeck/boobies.gif thou I had to sign a release form.

I dated the chief of polices daughter here, he'd pull me over for every little dumb thing just to put the fear of god in me and to see if I had beer or anything else in my truck with me.....I almost got stuffed and cuffed one night, because she sat beside me! Pulled me over right in the middle of town, had me come to the back of the truck and everything! I was soooo embarrassed! :mad:

JTRtrx250r
09-03-2003, 01:28 AM

Finally had to date a Lawyers daughter to see the http://users.iglide.net/gbelbeck/boobies.gif thou I had to sign a release form. lmao.....Popo needs to transfer to the Seattle area and help teach the local popo's a sence of humor:D

Most staters are cool....but the King Co. cops are pricks!!!:mad:

wilkin250r
09-03-2003, 04:29 AM
dude here is the thing i wasnt even going faster than half the traffic and i know i wasnt going that fast it just pisses me off how much cops hate teenagers
killed

Here's a little tip. Do you know why cops hate teenagers?

Because you're screaming down the road at nearly 100mph with 700lbs of extra cargo loaded in your truck bed!!

If I was that cop, I'd throw everything I could at you to teach you a lesson. I'd write you up for a dirty licence plate if I could, just to rack up the fine. Maybe next time, you'll keep your speed down.
:mad:

bradley300
09-03-2003, 05:02 AM
i dont think you have a governer on a truck that old. if its like my 92 s-10 was, dosent it have a 85 mph speedo? i wouldnt thik you could get a ticket for a speed that you cant even see on you speedo.

Ryan
09-03-2003, 05:12 AM
I would try to somewhat fight it in court. That is if your positive you were not driving at 96mph. If you can't, then you just gotta pay the price. Some cops just like to be hardasses, and some are just nice. Just don't go over 10mph over the speed limit and none of them should bother you.

JustRace
09-03-2003, 05:25 AM
I know for a fact that his truck can go that fast with the quad and everything in it. His truck does not have a govenor either. Were you doing faster than 85 in your truck? If you were then you could easily be doing what the cop said you were doing because of the fact that your speedo stops at 85 and you wouldn't be able to know how fast you were actually going.

bansheerider_13
09-03-2003, 08:49 AM
well something very similer just happened to me about 2 months ago i got caught doing 89 in a 55 in pa its 5 points a 200 dollar fine lose of liences for 90 days driving school and retest if u get caught going 26 mph over so i was pretty scared but when u go to ur court case try and talk to the cop b4 you go in 2 see the judge tell him that u know u where in the wrong and ask him if he can do anything to help you out and try being cool with him dont going in be some tough guy trying to be a d!ck b/c all he has to do is pull out the papers to say the gun is on and ur screwed but if ur cool with him he will probally lower the speed srop some points and get some money back

like i said about mine 5 points 198 dollar and all that other good stuff but i talked to him and he was cool and helped me out lowered the speed to 70 i got 58 bucks back and only 3 points even tho its still a bad fine he really could ***ed me over and since then i learned my lesson

AtvMxRider
09-03-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
don't worry, feelings aren't important....especially in here :scary:

Ain't that the truth......:devil:

Adam202
09-03-2003, 08:52 AM
i understand now, ye aceholes.

bansheerider_13
09-03-2003, 08:53 AM
o is poor jerry going to cry now:(

AtvMxRider
09-03-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by bansheerider_13
o is poor jerry going to cry now:(

HAHAHA I don't think so......:D

sylvan56473
09-03-2003, 09:32 AM
You have to have some idea of how fast you were going. If you have no idea how fast you were going then you deserve a ticket for not paying attention. If a police officer asks how fast you were going and you say "I don't know", you are walking away with a ticket. It shows them that you are a reckless driver, you should at always know how fast you are going within 5-10 miles per hour. But, like someone said earlier, you can always ask to see the radar and make sure it matches up. Police want respect and that is the first thing you need to give them, they are out there doing their jobs making sure that nobody gets hurt and it sounds that you had a possibilty of hurting someone if you can't even pay attention to your own speed-O-meter! Suck it up and pay the ticket.

AtvMxRider
09-03-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by sylvan56473
You have to have some idea of how fast you were going. If you have no idea how fast you were going then you deserve a ticket for not paying attention. If a police officer asks how fast you were going and you say "I don't know", you are walking away with a ticket. It shows them that you are a reckless driver, you should at always know how fast you are going within 5-10 miles per hour. But, like someone said earlier, you can always ask to see the radar and make sure it matches up. Police want respect and that is the first thing you need to give them, they are out there doing their jobs making sure that nobody gets hurt and it sounds that you had a possibilty of hurting someone if you can't even pay attention to your own speed-O-meter! Suck it up and pay the ticket.

Very well said......:)

09-03-2003, 09:38 AM
who pissed in Jerry's cornflakes?:rolleyes: :eek: :huh :uhoh:

MOUSE
09-03-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

If I was that cop, I'd throw everything I could at you to teach you a lesson. I'd write you up for a dirty licence plate if I could, just to rack up the fine. Maybe next time, you'll keep your speed down.
:mad:

:rolleyes2 :rolleyes2

nuclearkielbasa
09-03-2003, 10:08 AM
........................................it just pisses me off how much cops hate teenagers
killed

Don't feel bad..... EVERYONE hates teenagers! LOL

Just kidding.

Seriously though, cops target teenagers because statistically, you drive like ****. They give you tickets now hoping that it will make you think about what the hell you're doing before you turn into a 20-something road-rager from hell!

Other people have mentioned that it all boils down to respect, and this is true. Respect the cops, respect the rest of the people on the road, and respect your parents who probably paid for your car/truck! It also helps to realize that teenagers DON'T know everything.

Pay the fine. If you fight the ticket, I hope you get banged with court costs up the wazoo.

AtvMxRider
09-03-2003, 10:42 AM

HAHAHA Well I guess there's your answer Joey...........:devil:

killed300ex
09-03-2003, 11:15 AM
well see thats the thing the speedo said 85it was flickering in and out of 85 so i was thinking 85-87 i know thats still to damn fast but i wanted to make time and i was so polite to him all yes sir no sir he asked how fast i said about 85 he laughed wtf im tyring to be nice and hes a prick whetever i just wish they would put me in jail lock me up forever cause my life sucks right now jail would prolly be better. lol ohh well i just wish the court datre was here to get it over with
killed

chucked
09-03-2003, 11:29 AM
well see thats the thing the speedo said 85it was flickering in and out of 85 so i was thinking 85-87 i know thats still to damn fast but i wanted to make time and i was so polite to him all yes sir no sir he asked how fast i said about 85 he laughed wtf im tyring to be nice and hes a prick whetever i just wish they would put me in jail lock me up forever cause my life sucks right now jail would prolly be better. lol ohh well i just wish the court datre was here to get it over with

boo hoo your life's so horrible

hondafox440
09-03-2003, 11:35 AM
When you go to court try arguing that your truck won't go that fast. My dad was doing 134MPH in his built 67' Impala (when he was in college, so probably 25 years ago), and ended up getting tagged at 96 I believe. He had to go to court, and luckily for him the officer didn't show, but he managed to convince the judge that his 4 door sedan with 150,000 miles could never even reach 96MPH. He ended up winning, and didnt pay anything for the ticket and its not on his record. Of course the judge was pissed when he walked outside when my dad was leaving and he fired up the blown 327 he had in the Impala.. :p

Tommy 17
09-03-2003, 11:52 AM
i ain't here to flame... so don't take this wrong...

but weren't all of u teens at one time... so basically u hate urself;) :rolleyes:

AtvMxRider
09-03-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
i ain't here to flame... so don't take this wrong...

but weren't all of u teens at one time... so basically u hate urself;) :rolleyes:

Shut up Tammy and go ride your little boyz bike...........:D

Tommy 17
09-03-2003, 12:52 PM
no jerry its seriously the truth...:o

remember noone likes a hardass;)

heavy_d
09-03-2003, 12:53 PM
its a pick and choose game definitely, if your young and have a tight ride your going to get pulled over for some dumb @ss reason, i don't get it when somebody gets pulled over for excessive noise when there is Harleys that our 10 times louder that never get pulled over and the, how can i put this nicely, "country people" with their loud *** trucks are much louder

popo
09-03-2003, 06:24 PM
Wow, this is getting good. Respect... what the hell is that? My side of town all we hear. WTF.. ya pulling me over for you short pasti white donut eating mofo.

So I reply " you have a dirty license plate sir" whoo pish!!

Killed, go to court and deal with it. Tomorrow is always a new day. Learn and live from it.

f1502nv
09-03-2003, 07:52 PM
heres the deal here IF YOU TRY TO FIGHT THE TICKET AND YOUR STILL FOUND GUILTY YOU CAN NOT GO TO TRAFFIC SCHOOL.......IF YOU PAY THE FINE YOU CAN GO TO TRAFFIC SCHOOL AND THE INSURANCE CO. WILL NEVER FIND OUT ABOUT THE TICKET!!!!SO YOUR RATES DONT GO UP!!!

ALSO IT IS YOUR WORD AGAINST HIS!!!!!!!

Q: DID YOU MOUTH OFF TO HIM? HAVE ATTITUDE? ANYTHING AND BE HONEST CAUSE WHEN I WAS 16 I SURE IN THE HELL HAD ATTITUDE WHEN IT CAME TO ATHORITY!!!!!

ONE MORE THING JUST A HINT!!!!

TO MAKE THEM FEEL BETTER WHEN THEY APPROACH A CAR, THE DRIVER OF THAT CAR SHOULD:
1. TURN THE CAR OFF
2. ROLL DOWN THE WINDOWS
3. KEEP YOUR HANDS ON THE WHEEL DO NOT START GETTING OUT YOUR DRIVERS LIC.. OR REGISTRATION UNTIL ASKED TO....IF YOU ARE FUMBLEING AROUND IN THE CAR THEY DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR OR TRYING TO HIDE...YOU COULD BE GETTING A GUN
4. IF IT IS DARK OUTSIDE TURN ON THE DOME LIGHT
5. AS HARD AS THIS ONE CAN BE, BE RECEPTIVE TO HIS COUNSELING EVEN IF HIS TONE OF VOICE OR DEMEANER IS NEGITIVE AND YOU DONT AGREE WITH HIM!!!

I KNOW ITS UPSETTING BUT WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE SO TAKE THIS ADVISE FROM SOMEONE WHO KNOWS!!!!!

popo
09-03-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by f1502nv
heres the deal here IF YOU TRY TO FIGHT THE TICKET AND YOUR STILL FOUND GUILTY YOU CAN NOT GO TO TRAFFIC SCHOOL.......IF YOU PAY THE FINE YOU CAN GO TO TRAFFIC SCHOOL AND THE INSURANCE CO. WILL NEVER FIND OUT ABOUT THE TICKET!!!!SO YOUR RATES DONT GO UP!!!

Q: DID YOU MOUTH OFF TO HIM? HAVE ATTITUDE? ANYTHING AND BE HONEST CAUSE WHEN I WAS 16 I SURE IN THE HELL HAD ATTITUDE WHEN IT CAME TO ATHORITY!!!!!

TO MAKE THEM FEEL BETTER WHEN THEY APPROACH A CAR, THE DRIVER OF THAT CAR SHOULD:
1. TURN THE CAR OFF
2. ROLL DOWN THE WINDOWS
3. KEEP YOUR HANDS ON THE WHEEL DO NOT START GETTING OUT YOUR DRIVERS LIC.. OR REGISTRATION UNTIL ASKED TO....IF YOU ARE FUMBLEING AROUND IN THE CAR THEY DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR OR TRYING TO HIDE...YOU COULD BE GETTING A GUN
5. AS HARD AS THIS ONE CAN BE, BE RECEPTIVE TO HIS COUNSELING EVEN IF HIS TONE OF VOICE OR DEMEANER IS NEGITIVE AND YOU DONT AGREE WITH HIM!!!

I KNOW ITS UPSETTING BUT WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE SO TAKE THIS ADVISE FROM SOMEONE WHO KNOWS!!!!!

YOU MUST LIVE IN L.A.

batgeek
09-03-2003, 10:07 PM
Lower Alabama?

seriously....following those simple rules have gotten me out of MANY tickets.

popo
09-03-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
Lower Alabama?

seriously....following those simple rules have gotten me out of MANY tickets.

cause yu a bad mofo

JForestZ34
09-04-2003, 02:59 AM
I would do what was said already in this post. I would wait until I go to court(go with a lawyer). When your at court ask them when the last time the radar gun was calibrated, also ask to see the officers certificate on the proper operation of a radar gun. And last but not least ask the officer whan he's at court how do you calibrate the radar gun. Don't give him any way to try to study this one. In order to use a radar gun you have to now how to calibrate it. Just spring it on him out of the blue. Like was said before this would only work with a radar gun not a laser. But I would think they need to be calibrated to..

James:D :devil:

JTRtrx250r
09-04-2003, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by f1502nv

1. TURN THE CAR OFF
2. ROLL DOWN THE WINDOWS

I KNOW ITS UPSETTING BUT WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE SO TAKE THIS ADVISE FROM SOMEONE WHO KNOWS!!!!! haha,no dought about it,the bottem line is ,they have the upper-hand at that moment so if you wanna be a prick,it can be rough on ya,even if they have attitude its best to kiss some butt,and if you really feel like you got hosed,deal w/ the courts and let them know how you felt about it,dont get all chitty w/ the cop b/c he can make your life difficult ,although its not always fair :(

trx400
09-04-2003, 08:53 AM
its sucks being young and having a new sports car i got pulled over going 20 over when there was an suv infront of me pulling away and nothing happened to him. and i get followed all the time cuz my car looks like its a street racers car cuz i have a ram air hood and a sticker on my windshield that says ram air. also i was talking to some guy and his brother was a cop and he agreeded with me that i got pulled over because i am a teenager rather then the guy infron of me.

Adam202
09-04-2003, 09:01 AM
cops have to pick someone out of the crowd whether it be the person in front or back, weve been pulling our big enclosed 4 place trailer when we thought we got pulled over and it was a little car behind us we couldnt even see. the cop just waved us off. if your going to follow someone whos speeding you have to be prepared to be pulled over. i dont see why people always think that the leader will get the ticket. teenagers get pulled over the same amount as adults, im 17 had my license for over a year and havent even been pulled over yet, and yes i do my fair share of speeding. and if teenagers get pulled over most its for a reason, Your a new driver and most likely dont have much experience behind the wheel, you need to learn your lessons early.

09-04-2003, 09:08 AM
my grandfather has a 92 ford 5 speed and we were pullin my quad in the back and it could barely go 55 mph, or maybe it was because its a ford:confused:

Ryan
09-04-2003, 09:11 AM
If you boyz don't want the cops to pull you over so often, then...... Get a nice car, (not a piece of crap from the Junkyard). Easy give away for police to assume you are a teenager.

Make sure you don't have any bumper stickers on your car! Thats usually a sign that you are a teenager.

Wear fake beard and a gray hair wig :macho .

No cops just touch you :p .

Adam202
09-04-2003, 09:15 AM
the best way to keep cops off you as a teenager is, drive like your supposed to, and leave your car completly stock. alls i have is a system, its all i need. tint would be nice but it will attract police.

Nausty
09-04-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Ryan
If you boyz don't want the cops to pull you over so often, then...... Get a nice car, (not a piece of crap from the Junkyard). Easy give away for police to assume you are a teenager.

Make sure you don't have any bumper stickers on your car! Thats usually a sign that you are a teenager.

Wear fake beard and a gray hair wig :macho .

No cops just touch you :p .

lol,

anyone seen the 70's show episode where Red is trying to be spontanius and takes his wife out and they are out acting like teenagers and the cop pulls him over and Red goes off on him and the cop starts to suck up to him and a bunch of other stuff.

Then as they drive away Red's wife says something like" It was nice of you to go easy on him!."

lol, I wish you all could see it.

deathman53
09-04-2003, 11:58 AM
I don't know about that going 96 mph, thats very fast, i really don't think that the truck could go that fast with the quad and such in the back. You would know it with a older truck. i'll buy 80 but no more. i drive vans with 350's and they can barely go faster than 80 and if it could the van wold rattle bad. first make sure the officer is in court, if he's not the ticket is void. I got pulled over in manchester(nj) with my 250r in the back. I was not speeding, I had the cruise set at 50 in a 50 zone. the cop was tailgating me bad, I pulled over, he asked me why I pulled over lic/reg/ins and I replied YOU WERE TAILGATING ME. this cop was so close i couldn't see his license plate, I tryed flicking the brake lights, he backed and came right back on, finally I had enough and pulled over to let him go. After I told him that he was tailgating me, he accused me of going to sacro. I replyed I've never been there, don't know where it is. i told him I was going to chattsworth and showed him the chest protecter, with a chatts sticker, helmet with the id sticker in plain sight and a chatts shirt. he still didn't belive me and I showed him that I had 18" fast trakers, and proceded to tell him If was going ot sacro I would atleast have sand tires or bigger tires. When was the last time someone would ride beachsand with 18" mx tires!! He finally left adn told me to have a nice day. Later that day I reported him for harasment and the person told me that this isn't the first time this has happened. I'm not a teen, I'm 23. some cops are just dicks. fight that ticket to the end and don't let them get away wtih harasment.

Adam202
09-04-2003, 12:18 PM
i could see him going 90-95 with it, ive hit 90 pulling 2 quads on a trailer in our dodge 1500 sport.

Adam202
09-04-2003, 12:19 PM
of course i had it floored for quite some time :D

killed300ex
09-04-2003, 01:44 PM
ok well here is what i got from this next time i get pulled over ask to see the radar. and be nice(already new that and was :D ) and slow down lol. BUt are you sure the cop has to be in court? Like possitive? Cause im pretty sure that even if they arent its not void. BUt id like to know. I do plna on asking to take a traffic school. See if that lessens it up a lil and im also going to try to talk to the cop before hand.
killed

chucked
09-04-2003, 02:14 PM
my friend took the traffic school before everything and when they saw he already took it in court they let him off of a 90 in a 55 ticket. no points or fine.

killed300ex
09-04-2003, 02:33 PM
i would do it but i only got untill the 25
lol dont leave much time but maybe i could sign up anyways
killed

popo
09-04-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by JForestZ34
I would do what was said already in this post. I would wait until I go to court(go with a lawyer). When your at court ask them when the last time the radar gun was calibrated, also ask to see the officers certificate on the proper operation of a radar gun. And last but not least ask the officer whan he's at court how do you calibrate the radar gun. Don't give him any way to try to study this one. In order to use a radar gun you have to now how to calibrate it. Just spring it on him out of the blue. Like was said before this would only work with a radar gun not a laser. But I would think they need to be calibrated to..

James:D :devil:

Radar does not get calibrated. It gets tuned using tuning forks at the begining of each officers shift. And if Killed got picked out of a pack of cars, he got hit with Laser.

Bender
09-04-2003, 06:32 PM
Hey killed, I just got stopped for a 96 mph in a 55.On 106 in concord NH.I got the maximun fine.$300. So bring some cash.

killed300ex
09-04-2003, 11:44 PM
is that with or without the court fee? Holy crap you were 41 over! that sucks well thats good at least now i know what i need for $. Popo it said that i got hit by radar not laser on the ticket. Dont know whats that about ohh well whatever life is life so ill just deal with it
killed

wilkin250r
09-05-2003, 10:30 AM
I don't know how it is in New Hampshire, but in Nevada, the first step is traffic court for arraignment. Here, you can enter a plea of guilty or not-guilty. If you enter guilty, the judge usually allows you to give a short explanation before you get sentenced with a fine.

Obviously, don't plead guilty, and then try to convince the judge that you are not guilty.

If you enter a plea of not guilty, then the matter gets set for trial.

The police officer is NEVER there during the arraignment hearing.

So, my advice is, if you truly believe that you were not going 96mph, then plead NOT GUILTY, and get a lawyer, or go talk to the DA about it. If you aren't sure how to proceed, then plead not-guilty, and talk to a lawyer.

A not-guilty plea is always safe. You can always change your plea from not-guilty to guilty, but not the other way around.

Bender
09-06-2003, 09:30 PM
Killed, that was the total fee. $250 fine and $50 court fee.
Fine doesn't really bother me too much, I'm more worried about my insurance going up.
I was going 140mph
when I let off the pedal, saw the cop while going 120mph. By the time he got me I was doing 96. Sucks, but thats the game, you pay to play I guess. I could have so out runned the police, but my girl was with me, so I didn't want to take any chances.