PDA

View Full Version : honda 450 not actually coming out!!!!!!!

lilmxe#43
09-02-2003, 03:06 PM
in atv action it says honda pulled a big hoax to see the playing field if they actually did have one coming out, but heres the deal, ive talked to many pros and they all say it is coming out, this is straight from them and thier source, but the mags all say ots a hoax, i dont kknow, i geuss we will see soon enough :(

TGW_400ex
09-02-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by lilmxe#43
in atv action it says honda pulled a big hoax to see the playing field if they actually did have one coming out, but heres the deal, ive talked to many pros and they all say it is coming out, this is straight from them and thier source, but the mags all say ots a hoax, i dont kknow, i geuss we will see soon enough :(
I highly dought that because y would Honda do that it would make everyone hate them and they would lose more sales:huh

AtvMxRider
09-02-2003, 03:11 PM
:rolleyes: Good lord people it is only a few more days and we will all find out.

TGW_400ex
09-02-2003, 03:20 PM
I wanna see this for my self put the link on:mad:

RiPPiNiTuP7
09-02-2003, 03:47 PM
im getting a headache with these posts.

Narly R
09-02-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
:rolleyes: Good lord people it is only a few more days and we will all find out.

Ya no joke were need a new rule about this talk ALL the time!!!!!! The head HURTS!!!!!!!:eek2: :( :huh Lets see like 6-7 days and SHE will be here!!!!!:rolleyes: ;) :D :) :devil:

Big - D Racing
09-02-2003, 07:42 PM
Oh it is coming out, I have seen the quad in person and up close. Trust me it is coming alhough I do not know the exact date. And the quad does look like the drawing on the home page. I saw the exact same design with red and black plastic. I don't know about other colors advailable, but it also seems as if honda will put out a full race version of it too. I did an evaluation for Honda and they had two versions of it for me to evaluate. Both versions had the same 450 engine but one had what looked exactly like a stock 400ex front end with a standard honda style swingarm and exhaust. The other one had wider arms with resivored dual rate shocks, beefed up swingarm, and a full big gun exhaust system. I don't know if the engine was any different because Honda wouldn't give us any info on the motor (other then them being450's) or if there where any internal differences at all between the two. So in other words I'm pretty sure Honda will be releasing 2 versions of the 450, maybe even more. ut there is no telling one version could have been just to show us what aftermarket parts would be coming out. They wouldn't give me no exact details. By the way I did 2 evaluations for them and the last one was over a year ago. These quads have been in the making for quite sometime. P.s. they also developed a 650 version that they talked about in the first evaluation, I never seen it and they didn't bring it up in the 2nd evaluation so I don't think it will be coming out, but the 450 is for sure way too much money has been put into it to not release it.

mx400
09-03-2003, 01:48 AM
anyone else smeel something? im thinking BS. i doubt honda let you evaluate it. honda usually doesnt let anyone evaluate their cars/atvs/motorcycles unless you either work for one of their factories or a family member does, or you are very well known atv racer, car driver, motorcycle rider. honda likes to keep their things secret until release date. i have talked to my local dealer and he says he nor any of the guys he has talked to has seen it, heard, seen pictures, etc etc etc. i dont know u may be telling the truth but for right now till i get some proofy im callin BS

300exazzkikr
09-03-2003, 04:08 AM
where's the bs meter??

TGW_400ex
09-03-2003, 08:03 AM
ya my uncles aunts 2nd cuz's nephew owns Honda and he brings the 450r out to my house and lets me ride it all the time i passed a honda civic on it doin 125mph and then hit a jump and went 132246ft in the air:rolleyes: gz anyone can make a story

DEAL
09-03-2003, 08:36 AM
What new honda :confused:

Big - D Racing
09-03-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by mx400
anyone else smeel something? im thinking BS. i doubt honda let you evaluate it. honda usually doesnt let anyone evaluate their cars/atvs/motorcycles unless you either work for one of their factories or a family member does, or you are very well known atv racer, car driver, motorcycle rider. honda likes to keep their things secret until release date. i have talked to my local dealer and he says he nor any of the guys he has talked to has seen it, heard, seen pictures, etc etc etc. i dont know u may be telling the truth but for right now till i get some proofy im callin BS
I'm so upset that you don't believe, I don't freakin care no one has to believe me. Honda's factory is one hour away from me and they paid me $150 to do an evaluation. It's all good don't believe me, but I am telling the truth. Honda paid me and probably around 40 other sport atv owners to give their opinion on the quad. They asked about the design, what we liked and didn', how much would we pay for the given model, what we rate it, etc? They wanted a consumer evaluation not a pro racer evaluation.:blah:

86atc250r
09-03-2003, 08:49 AM
Large Corps like Honda do not play games and fax bogus info to their dealers on what to expect at product intros - nuff said.

Isn't that the same magazine that was passing the BS about Honda using the oval piston engine? They'd sooner use a nuclear reactor than put that engine in a quad.

TGW_400ex
09-03-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by DEAL
What new honda :confused:

O MY u havent heard:eek2: Honda is releasing a Honda TRX450R on Sept 10th wow I thought everyone knew that:huh

sweet300ex
09-03-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
O MY u havent heard:eek2: Honda is releasing a Honda TRX450R on Sept 10th wow I thought everyone knew that:huh
he was being sarcastic:rolleyes:

AtvMxRider
09-03-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Big - D Racing
I'm so upset that you don't believe,

Your right we don't......:rolleyes:

monkeyboy
09-03-2003, 09:22 AM
POS :cool:

CG's
09-03-2003, 10:09 AM
For the people who don't believe read on this website or on some other forum, of another site I can't remember, there are a couple of people who have them ordered ahead of time. Just my 2 cents.

mx400
09-03-2003, 10:32 AM
wow so who cares. anyone can order them ahead of time. u just gota have the cash. also and on to u Big D i dont think honda would of paid u. i think you would of had to pay them to even get in the factory. i think if you were a pro rider or big aftermarket parts mfg. they might of paid you but since your not you are just a local i find it hard to believe w/o proof

09-03-2003, 10:56 AM
i doubt this story too. But it would be cool to test ride one of those puppies. But i doubt they would let any citizen that isn't a pro or well known and can keep a secret ride one. let alone pay u to do so.

Fast250EX
09-03-2003, 11:01 AM
Maybe he is telling the truth. I mean, I am most certainly not in a position to be able to cipher between BS and the real thing but it is getting awefully close to the moment of truth, public debut. Honda may be getting nervous with the new Yammi and wanting to see what the average person's opinion is about it. It is close enough now that if any small amount of info is let out, it won't matter too much or they may think most people would call BS on Honda paying somone to do an evaluation. I'd say that payment wasn't to evaluate it but for more of a "shut-your-mouth" sorta thing. If any information does leak, once someone else hears about the payment part, they will then think this is total BS. I am not on either side because the fact that he has yet to say anything about how she runs appears a bit odd to me but how about we wait it out and see how this goes before we crank up the BS meter, shall we? ;)

Big - D Racing
09-03-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by mx400
Big D i dont think honda would of paid u. i think you would of had to pay them to even get in the factory. i think if you were a pro rider or big aftermarket parts mfg. they might of paid you but since your not you are just a local i find it hard to believe w/o proof [/B]
The evaluation wasn't in the factory, it was actually at a buisness hall inside a hotel here in San Diego. I got hooked up with the evauation through a company called Taylor Research here in San Diego. Honda pays them too find sport atv owners of various models to give a consumer opinion. Dont you think Honda would want to know what the average consumer might think of their atvbefore they just release it hoping they like it. The nly way they'll release it is if they noweople will like it and buy it. We didn't get to ride them and we weren't even allowed to touch the engine, but we could touch the frame and plastic. Talor research got my name through Motoworld whereI bought my 400ex from. Here is all the proof I can possibly give you this is Taylor Research info:

1545 Hotel Circle S. Suite 350
San Diego, Ca 92108
(619)299-6368 o 1-800-922-1545
www.taylorresearch.com
call them and ask what they do and if they've done work for Honda ATV's
Sorry that is all the proof I can give but Honda wouldn't let me take pictures
:p
Honda isn't the only company I have done these evaluations for:
I taste testedfor Miller Genuine Draft and I evaluated new sony cameras for sony.
I did all this through Taylor Research checout there website or call them toll free still don't believe me well oh well I won't lose any sleep.:D

Pappy
09-03-2003, 03:12 PM
alot of companies will let you get on an evaluation list. once yer in yer in. i was included on one in our area but nothing ever came of it. kinda tuff to see the new stuff and not be allowed to talk about tho:ermm:

Big - D Racing
09-03-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
alot of companies will let you get on an evaluation list. once yer in yer in. i was included on one in our area but nothing ever came of it. kinda tuff to see the new stuff and not be allowed to talk about tho:ermm:
Exactly, Thank you Pappy. Like I said earlier it was about a year ago and when I did it before I could even see the quads I had to sign a contract that basically said I couldn't talk about anything I saw. I don't think it matters now, being that word is out and they are being released in a week. All the evaluations I've done I get paid for and they usually last 1 hour, and everytime I have to sign some form promising not to tell any details of the eveluations.

Jackie
09-03-2003, 03:20 PM
I belive you Big "D" but I would like to know is; did they feel different and which one got the best review from you??

Big - D Racing
09-03-2003, 03:24 PM
I sat on them and from sitting down they felt the same, they wouldn't let me compress the suspension or anything, and from what I could tell the frames were identical. The plastics on the two were completely the same. The stuff that differed between the two models I couldn't touch.

r deorksen
09-04-2003, 03:31 AM
our honda store has already got the pdi and setup manual for the new quad. (IT WILL BE HERE) no doubt

dpizz450
09-04-2003, 09:31 AM
im pretty sure its coming they wouldnt put out that press release or w/e it was and that sketch if it wasnt coming out!

BigThumper33
09-04-2003, 09:46 AM
then how is it an evaluation if you can't even evaluate the machine!!!!

09-04-2003, 03:10 PM
uhh duh big thumper he just evaluated the looks :rolleyes: :huh