PDA

View Full Version : 350x

pineway
09-02-2003, 11:50 AM
I know putting a 350x engine ina 300ex frame is fast and keeps up with 400s, but how does it work in the trails? Im gonna be racing a lot of harescrambles next year so i dont wanna buy the engine and be dissapointed with it. So how does a 350ex conversion do on the trails.

wilkin250r
09-02-2003, 12:44 PM
I don't have any personal knowledge, but since I plan on doing the conversion this winter, I have done some research.

I would imagine that it would hold up terrific in the trails, just as good as the 400EX. Keep the motor stock, so you have a nice wide powerband, and it should still be very reliable.

Diedrich
09-02-2003, 04:55 PM
im doing the conversion right now..yeah they suppose to be fast..atleast i hope they are..it takes a lil time and messing around with but the conversion isn't that hard

danney f
09-02-2003, 05:34 PM
If you don't like where the power is when your rideing it on the trails. Like it dogs in third but has to be reved hard in second, just change your sprockets. May go up one tooth on the front sprocket to where you can keep it in second or vis-versa.
I don't think you will be disapointed.

wilkin250r
09-03-2003, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Diedrich
im doing the conversion right now..yeah they suppose to be fast..atleast i hope they are..it takes a lil time and messing around with but the conversion isn't that hard

Can you post pictures or write up a tutorial? I'm planning on doing the converstion, I don't expect it to be difficult, but I would like to get an idea of what I'm getting in to.