PDA

View Full Version : Seat latch that allows the seat to flip open??

400exBro
09-02-2003, 10:40 AM
i have seen a local racer that has a seat latch that he is able to flip the seat back so it is still attached to the frame but in a vertical position... i was wondering if i could get this for the 400ex?? and who makes them?? he has a CRF450 engine in it, so he will flip the seat up, kick the bike over and then push the seat back down...

thanks...

Pappy
09-02-2003, 10:45 AM
ive seen burgard make them for R's but i dunno if he or anyone else makes them for a 400ex. they work well.....but trying to lift the fenders and get the quad started during an mx race is gonna suck:p

Dave400ex
09-02-2003, 11:01 AM
That is the Flip top subframe and I've only seen them on Aftermarket frames.

400exBro
09-03-2003, 12:13 AM
ya that is okay if it is aftermarket, do you know where i could get some more info?? website??

that means i just what stall the engine:D and if i did, i am pretty sure that my race is over by then...

nacs400ex
09-03-2003, 08:57 AM
I have only seen those on R based frames, not 400ex frame based quads. All it is, is a piece on the subframe, kinda like a hinge, I believe. Personally I think its a pain in the ***, cause what if you stall out on the track? Then you gotta get off, lift it up, start it, put it down, get back on. If you just cut your rear fender, all it is, is a simple kick. I will see ya at RJ motorsports this weekend Timo, what kinda of vehicle should I be lookin for, I guess I could just look for your yellow 400ex. Do you know if Carl, and all them are going ?

400exBro
09-03-2003, 09:48 AM
ooo ya Carl and them will be there, this is there favourite track!!!

ya i will be there, just look for our Black ML320 with a gray trailer, and my yellow ex...

i will probably just make the flip up seat latch my self, i am pretty sure that it can be done easily... i want to be an engneer so i might as well start designing some products...

hondarider2006
09-03-2003, 12:49 PM
I think that flip-up seat would be pretty cool if you didn't race. There isn't much point to it, but it would still be pretty cool. Seeing as how not many people...it would impress the chicks...:D

crashinmatt
09-06-2003, 08:42 PM
PRP makes them i believe. one dealer i know of is exodus cycles www.exoduscycles.com. im not sure if its available as a part, or if it comes with the frame and all. maybe u can look at it, and maybe figure out how to make something that will adapt.

Diedrich
09-06-2003, 10:49 PM
yeah i seen one on a r down here..i like em..looks pretty cool