PDA

View Full Version : muffler header combos

L.Vegas400
09-02-2003, 09:43 AM
post your header muffler combos and how they worked and sounded. ive got a big gun race series muffler and was kinda currious on what combos worked and didnt work. please only aftermarket to aftermarket combos.

400ex#18
09-02-2003, 12:01 PM
Go with HMF engineering, full exaust!! it is about 105dpls..

chrisp333
09-02-2003, 03:00 PM
i got a t4 header and silencer and it is awesome. took out the spark arrester and grind the welds. couldnt tell ya the decibls but it ...RUMBLESSSS...
excellent air flow

i luv it

TGW_400ex
09-02-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by chrisp333
i got a t4 header and silencer and it is awesome. took out the spark arrester and grind the welds. couldnt tell ya the decibls but it ...RUMBLESSSS...
excellent air flow

i luv it
Which T-4 FMF or Pro circut?:huh

09-02-2003, 03:04 PM
i assume hes talkin bout a procircuit since none in there right mind buys a fmf for a 4 storke. but i could be a fmf.

TGW_400ex
09-02-2003, 03:07 PM
I have the pro-circut and my friend has the FMF and its quite a bit louder than mine:eek2:

Out_Sider
09-02-2003, 03:11 PM
i thought that the FMF powerbomb header was the best on the market???:huh

09-02-2003, 03:44 PM
yeh the head pipes are pretty good but ive heard some pretty bad things bout the fmf's and there silencers don't put off much power at all.

chrisp333
09-02-2003, 04:04 PM
i got the pro circut:muscle:

L.Vegas400
09-02-2003, 04:52 PM
i wonder how a powerbomb and big gun silencer would work?

09-03-2003, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by L.Vegas400
i wonder how a powerbomb and big gun silencer would work?

Pretty good i'd say.

I run the powerbong and Bills thunder pipe. the bills pipe is almost identical to a big gun.. So it should mount up just fine. The sound I get is pretty different from most peoples. I also have about 5 inches cut off of it so that makes it louder. I like the combo alot and you dont' see everybody and their cousin runnin the same exhaust as you..

I've thought about buyin a completely new exhaust system from sparks but i figured,,heck it's doin the job just fine so why change...:ermm:

09-03-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Pretty good i'd say.

I run the powerbong and Bills thunder pipe. the bills pipe is almost identical to a big gun.. So it should mount up just fine. The sound I get is pretty different from most peoples. I also have about 5 inches cut off of it so that makes it louder. I like the combo alot and you dont' see everybody and their cousin runnin the same exhaust as you..

I've thought about buyin a completely new exhaust system from sparks but i figured,,heck it's doin the job just fine so why change...:ermm:

You know what Rico that makes a lot of sense. :) Why trash something that works fine for the privelige to spend $400.00+ on a new one. What just to have what your friends want?

You guys have to remember that the whole pipe thing seriously depends on what type of riding/racing you do and what type of rider you are.

A lot of the popular pipes increase the top end considerably but do nothing or lose in the bottom. If your into MX or desert racing this maynot be a bad thing but if your into tight trails with diffulcult rocky terrain or hills that dont allow you to get up speed etc you may find they slow you down.

Of course if your accustomed to a two stroke and constantly slipping the clutch this could work in your favor.

I had a chance to ride my set up with a lot less back pressure earlier in the year thanks to the silencer breaking at Hatfield Mc coy and it showed me a lot and proved most of what I had thought and am telling here.

It was a lot more work negotiating the tight trails and elevation changes with the broken exhaust due to the need to down shift and work the clutch 200% more but the long open straits were much faster as well as acceleration in the higher rpms.

So like everyting else its a trade off. If you ride wide open a lot or drag race the freeer flowing exhaust is the way to go but if you run a lot of tight tech stuff then you may want to look into a different silencer etc (something adjustable with discs, remember most of the "builder" pipes are not much more than the 4" supertrapp without the discs) as you may be faster in these conditions with a machine that produces more "even" power than the one with the big top end hit.

Bud88
09-03-2003, 09:33 AM
ive got a r-4 silencer with a fmf powerbomb header i love the sound of it great powergains as well