PDA

View Full Version : Need everyones input on bumpers and nerfs

12gofast
09-02-2003, 08:41 AM
I would like to get everyones opinion on what they like in front bumpers and nerf bars.

Bumpers....
---style
---shape
---thickness
---width
---etc.

Nerf Bars
---pro peg or regular style
---aluminum peg or steel
---webbing
---thickness
---sweep
---heel guard
---mounting
---anything you can think of

please give me all the input you can for the development of some new products

Thanks

Ryan
09-02-2003, 10:36 AM
I don't have much experience with nerfs but as for bumpers, MY DG has held up very good and the damn thing can take down tree's! AC also makes good looking, strong bumpers.

Jackie
09-02-2003, 10:41 AM
I LIKE THE ONES WITH A HEEL GUARD INCORPORATED WITH THE NERF BAR

ex kid
09-02-2003, 12:08 PM
tag,ac,prm,and duncan make some nice stuff for bumpers. just depends on how many other quads ur gonna be plowin outta the way

12gofast
09-02-2003, 04:15 PM
I know all the other companies that are currently making bumpers......what I want to know is what you look for in a bumper? What do you want....any ideas are welcome.

Taco
09-03-2003, 12:53 AM
I Don't care much for Looks as long as it is durable.

WOOLIN
09-03-2003, 09:45 AM
Call Jeff at the Quad Shop he will hook you up.:D

ex kid
09-03-2003, 10:16 AM
look for strenght and size. if your racing XC you generally want a BIG strong bumper for pushing other quads and knocking over tree when you need to make your own line. for XC i like PRM's summit. for MX a big bumper really ins't nessisary unless you want a big one and you duct tape it up to keep mud off. but for mx size or strengh really inst a big concern because you dont want to get hung up on another guys bike. i like the AC mudscreem for mx because of the good roost protection for the front end.

PATTE440
09-03-2003, 08:25 PM
I used to have a DG bumper and i used to really like it till it caused problems. It has caused one major wreck and other that just ment a place or tow at finish. The thing i found is it sticks way far out past the tires on a 400 EX. The way it caused my major wreck was while climping a hil and almost to the top there was a step up that did not look bad from the bottom. Once i got there it was a total different story insted of the front tires hitting first to give me some air to get over it the bumbper hit and i went over the bars and there the quad went down a hill. One thing i did like about it though it was strong as heck. Many things were damaged frome the wreck EXCEPT the bumber. After the i took it off and bought an AC and love it now and have the DG stored away. As far as Nerfs i had DG of them to and both of them were damaged in the wreck. one thing i did not like about them was they were not flush with the foot peg and use a steel bracket to attach to the frame which broke on both sides. On the front of the nerfs where thay mount to the frame they use another peice on steel pipe and two u bolts. The AC nerfs look to me like they would be good because they are flush with the pegs and mount different. I decided not to buy new nerfs after the wreck and bought Roll Design pegs with kick ups and love them but if you get into racing MX you HAVE to have nerfs. I rac XC where i believe it is a lil easier with out nerfs for backing up. :D

Braff1
09-03-2003, 11:07 PM
I have a PRM Baja bumper and rear skid. Both have taken there licks and have held up good.

My nerf bars are Magnum Pro-peg. These are steel extended pegs so they don't wear out like AC Pro-pegs. Overall durability is very good. The only thing I didn't like is my heel of my boot would get stuck in the back part that went behind the peg so I cut it off. Now it works just fine.

12gofast
09-04-2003, 07:11 AM
Thanks guys...that the type of info I am looking for.

I don't want to reinvent the wheel....just make it better!! Netting is a issue....we have lost a few good riders due to some netting issues....all input will be useful.

joshyz125
09-11-2003, 05:11 PM
ac propegs all the way,