PDA

View Full Version : Leaves In Motor!

JustRace
01-28-2002, 10:39 PM
I had bad news today. I am getting a 440kit and edelbrock carb put on at my local dealership. Well anyways they called me today saying that they got everything back and there were some major problems. That got me kind of worried. He asked me if I was the original owner and I said no. Well he goes do you know how come there are LEAVES in your cam and rockers. I said wtf. So however the leaves got in there they blocked the oil from getting to the cam and rockers and completely burned them up. That really pissed me off, but I am happy that the dealership called me instead of putting everything back to gether then letting it die on me. Some of you might wonder why i went to a dealership but these people are great in my opinion. I got a edelbrock carb put on new rockers cam and the 440kit for $1400. I don't think thats bad (for a dealership) because all i did was drop my 4-wheeler off and they took everything apart and are putting it back together.

01-29-2002, 08:47 AM
The dealership I deal with is one of a kind also,,really great service and guys to deal with,,,but I'm still tryin to figure out how the **** leaves got in there..:huh

Had a thought I bet the dipsh*t before you lost the carb airboot while riding and it sucked leaves into the sleeve..sounds reasonable..

400exJOE
01-29-2002, 02:21 PM
I have a friend with a Grizzly 600 and a recon. Well after he took the airbox id off the recon, he did it on the grizzly too because he thought it added more power. Little did he know, the airbox lid on the grizzly holds the air filter in place. To make a long story short, I was riding around on the Griz and the throttle got stuck wide open! I though I was a gonner. Once we towed it back to his house and began to take it apart to check out the problem, we noticed a 7" stick straight through the carb! Thats what was holding it wide open. I don't even want to know what the chances of that were.:D