PDA

View Full Version : My first MX.. advice please???

QuadJunkies
09-02-2003, 06:20 AM
Well,, Troy and I talked last night and I think Im going to do my first MX on the 20th of Sept.:D If I can get some decent practice time in, Ill be racing the Predator:blah: :macho I feel alot more comfortable on his on whoops and even some of the small jumps .Im a bit nervous since I have never MX'd before and Im doing this mainly to support all the women who are stepping up locally and wanting to make this Womens class a good thing all year long.:) I will be also flattrackin my first night on the 19th so it will be bakc to back both nights:confused2 Im very excited and yet a bag of nerves lloks like we have 7 confirmed women going out there and about half are known to be very good riders from what Im told. Also looks like we will be starting up a mini class as well, anmd Im going to be helpin organize this and get the info a rollin out here:cool: Lots going on !!!! I would really love to get some feedback from all of you who MX and give me some good pointers over the next few weeks to help me out and maybe get me a good placing.....;) Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!Tina .......

09-02-2003, 06:44 AM
DO NOT RIDE OVER YOUR HEAD..:)

QuadJunkies
09-02-2003, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Rico
DO NOT RIDE OVER YOUR HEAD..:) WEll that one I alway keep in mind:) I know my limits and only push them a little at a time....Whats good to keep up my endurnace on the track? I seen the guys were totally beat on this track last time

300exOH
09-02-2003, 06:52 AM
I don't ride mx but I'd hydrate myself well before the race and ride as much as you can between now and then. My wife has talked about wanting to race also. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Natertot426ex
09-02-2003, 06:53 AM
Those woops suck!!! I didn't like them. When I first rode that track I took a couple laps to get the feel of it than started to push a little harder. watch out for the doubles make sure you have enough speed to clear them, it hurts if you don't. Like Rico said don't push yourself too hard because that is when you get hurt.

300exOH
09-02-2003, 06:54 AM
Almost forgot don't let the others intimidate you. And be careful. No offense but... I've seen girls fight. LOL

QuadJunkies
09-02-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH
I don't ride mx but I'd hydrate myself well before the race and ride as much as you can between now and then. My wife has talked about wanting to race also. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Thats cool! I hope she gives it a try!! Im so excited I didnt sleep well lt night, thinking all night baout it and when I would be able to go out and practice...:) sigh........ Time is going to drag........:(

QuadJunkies
09-02-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
Those woops suck!!! I didn't like them. When I first rode that track I took a couple laps to get the feel of it than started to push a little harder. watch out for the doubles make sure you have enough speed to clear them, it hurts if you don't. Like Rico said don't push yourself too hard because that is when you get hurt. Thats right! I forgot you rode this track before. They may change the course a little for the girls since they have never had Girls race quads here and only one mens calls this year too. Im sure I will rol alot of the jumps as will some of the other gals. PAts Daughter and maybe her Mom will race and Im pretty sure they will do really good Ive heard they both ride really well and the Daughter is beating all the guys at Glenns Ferry this spring!:eek: If I cnt clear all the jumps,so be it at least Im out there suporting us girls and I will have a good time doing it......:) but MAN>>>>>>>>>>> I want a trophy BAD!!!!>LOL:p

QuadJunkies
09-02-2003, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH
Almost forgot don't let the others intimidate you. And be careful. No offense but... I've seen girls fight. LOL well, you have never seen this girls fight..hahaha.....;)

linkcmd88
09-03-2003, 12:28 PM
if you dont wont to jump then take them on the truns go fast never slow up only for jumps thats how i did it my first race and i was kicking a** :devil: but try some jumps and you will do good but don't go over your limts or your qaud's you will do great:cool:

AtvMxRider
09-03-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Rico
DO NOT RIDE OVER YOUR HEAD..:)

I agree with numbnutz on that one. I would race your 400 if I were you Tina. The 400 handles so much better on a mx track. The predator might have more power but that's not always a good thing. But the best advice I can give you is to ride topless and get plenty of pics..........:devil:

Tommy 17
09-03-2003, 01:21 PM
tina heres 2 things

my best advice for the holeshot is if u get scared... i dunno if u ever been in once b4... is DO NOT LET OFF OR FREEZE!!!!!! you'll get rear ended faster then u think... its not fun bein in a 1st turn pile up... trust me...

remember this also... pace urself... people get tired fast... exspecially if its a long race... run a smooth pace the whole race and u'll do better then someone who flys out of the gate the 1st couple laps... gets tired and wrecks bc hes so wore down and outta control...

:huh

Ryan
09-03-2003, 02:18 PM
Make sure you have fun ;) ! And pace yourself.

I agree with Jerry about using the 400ex. It is more MX friendly then the preditor is. It would be a better bike to start off with.

AlaskaSpeed
09-03-2003, 03:14 PM
Tina,
Last year was my first season racing MX and all I can say is it's an eye opener. You will quickly find out where your riding skills are lacking. Just ride as fast as you can everywhere you can and if you roll all the doubles...who cares...in time you will get them down. I am in my second season and am just now comfortable showing up at a new track that I have never ridden and eyballing a double and knowing what gear and speed I need to be in to make it.
If all else fails, try Jerry's riding topless and getting tons of pics idea........lol:p

400grl
09-03-2003, 04:10 PM
Hey Tina!!! Welcome to the MX world!!! :) It's a blast!!!

Here's a couple tips that I have learned......

Get a good holeshot, and hold your pace, and you have a good shot at a trophy......if you have time to practice holeshots, do this...if not, just remember to scooch up on the seat and get your body weight over the handlebars a tad, so you don't wheelie out of the gate. Then, as soon as you are going, scooch your butt all the way to the back of the seat....as far back as you can get to get as much traction as possible to the first corner.

If you and 4 other quads are heading for the same corner....I'd just get pushy. As long as your front wheels are ahead of someone elses, there is a really good chance they will back off when getting pinched in the first turn...if not before then. I've never raced girls - just really pushy guys....and this is what works really well for me. I rub/bump like crazy in holeshots...but only the side to side kind of bumping....front to back doesn't work so well!! :) I never really cared much where I lined up...I always just tried to get the straightest shot to the inside of the first turn....

One other thing....many times, if there are quads in front of you on the turn, if you go wide you can go around the pile-up....just stay hard on the gas...when you get past them, cut in to the inside and floor it!!!

Hmmmmm...as for the jumps....if you watch someone in front of you and they clear something, you can pace yourself and jump it the same, or maybe just a hair faster to be sure you don't come up short....this is how I learn doubles and tables...I usually follow someone over the first time. Especially if we have the same power/quads/suspension.....

Don't hesitate, either. If you are gonna do it, then do it....if not, then just go fast everwhere else that you can. There are jumps that I will roll and others will jump, but I roll them and then I hammer it like crazy to make up my time in other places.....

One second rule is great....wait one more second than the person in front of you on corners before you slow down.....quads with rear brake lights are easy to tell this on...otherwise you can just guess....;)

Braking bumps......don't use your front brakes on these...if you have decent suspension it's best to just gas it through them and lean back...use your back brake if you need to slow down...or your engine compression.....if you can ride these out better than the other girls you can make up some good time on these! :)

When you do jump, land with your rear wheels just a little tiny bit before your fronts touch.....this will help soften your landing, therefore making your arms work less and keeping you from getting so tired.

Also....if you feel your fore-arms starting to get rubbery, try to relax your grip on the bars in any place you can on the track....even open them up (keep palms on the bars) and straighten them real quick if you can....this will eak out another lap before arm-pump starts to really set in!!! (I am the arm-pump queen, unfortunately!)

If you have a chance to practice before the day of the race.....take as many laps as you can as fast as you can...until you just can't hold on any more, and you should get an idea of how you will do in a race. If you can play race someone, that's even better!!! ;) Then you will know whether you need to really pace yourself or if you can just go for it.....

Have fun TINA!!! :) You will do awesome!!! Don't underestimate yourself......you will love it!!! :) And you will be SO SORE two days later!!! :) But it'll be a good sore! lol!

OMG!!!....sorry this is so long!!!! I just got so much to say! :D

QuadJunkies
09-03-2003, 07:17 PM
WOW.Thanks for all the good advice everyone!!!! I know this may sound funny to some of you, but really, I do feel ALOT more at ease on the Predator ,more than I thought I would!!! My set is VERY hard on my joints right now due to lack of suspention and a bit of bumpsteer. I was mostly concentrating on flattrack and I still will this will be my main focus this year.But I feel a bit more at ease on the Preadator on some things too. Im going to go do a practice night on Sat. night at just get a feel for the track. Ive never ven been on this track before but I have seen it a few times and watched the guys race it. It was VERY tiring for the guys I remeber and endurance was hard to find for a few of them, as far as holeshot..........OH>.......... I can honsetly say Im good at holeshottin!!:macho Alot of the girls are going to be Green about racing and some of them have never raced at all before so I will be extra careful for those who get in the way:o on jumps and all......I really appreciate all the tips and this kinda boosted my moral a bit, I was up most of the night thinking about this race last night and how Im so excited and yet, nervous not so much about my riding ,but who Ill be racing since I have no clue on a few other than a few really good riders to contend with and thats great! Gives me more reason to push myself harder , I think thats one reason I like riding with all the guys is it tests my riding and pushes me a bit harder...:) Ill post an update on the track on Sat and let you all know how it goes!!

sylvan56473
09-04-2003, 07:34 AM
I will try to offer some usefull advise as well:

#1 Arm pump comes from a lack of oxegen. Here is how to avoid arm pump. When you walk the track before the races and practice you will want to pick out certain spots that you are relaxed (i.e. a turn, jump, or straightaway) and remember to BREATH. Take a nice deep breath. If you keep breathing you won't have problems with arm pump. It is unbelievable how many people hold their breath when racing. I have known this strategy for years and still find myself holding my breath. By the time I realize it, arm pump is already setting in, so I just start to take deep breaths and it will go away.

#2 Walk the track before practice. TWICE! The first time you walk the track you will want to pick out the fastest lines. The second time you walk it you will want to walk an entirely differnent set of lines in case someone is in front of you. This can mean the differnce between making a pass and getting stuck behind someone.

#3 After practice, walk around and talk with the other racers. Find out if some are doing jumps that others aren't. If there is a double that only a couple of people are doing you will want to set up lines. For example, anyone jumping the double will take the left side and anyone not jumping it will take the right side. This can mean the difference between winning and a hospital visit.

Hope this helps.

QuadJunkies
09-04-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by sylvan56473
I will try to offer some usefull advise as well:

#1 Arm pump comes from a lack of oxegen. Here is how to avoid arm pump. When you walk the track before the races and practice you will want to pick out certain spots that you are relaxed (i.e. a turn, jump, or straightaway) and remember to BREATH. Take a nice deep breath. If you keep breathing you won't have problems with arm pump. It is unbelievable how many people hold their breath when racing. I have known this strategy for years and still find myself holding my breath. By the time I realize it, arm pump is already setting in, so I just start to take deep breaths and it will go away.

#2 Walk the track before practice. TWICE! The first time you walk the track you will want to pick out the fastest lines. The second time you walk it you will want to walk an entirely differnent set of lines in case someone is in front of you. This can mean the differnce between making a pass and getting stuck behind someone.

#3 After practice, walk around and talk with the other racers. Find out if some are doing jumps that others aren't. If there is a double that only a couple of people are doing you will want to set up lines. For example, anyone jumping the double will take the left side and anyone not jumping it will take the right side. This can mean the difference between winning and a hospital visit.

Hope this helps. Thanks you for the great advice. I have never really paid attn to the breathing thing before,so Im glad to hear of this NOW so I can start off right from the get go.;) Im hopoing a few of the others knows the rule of thumb on when ya cant take a jump to stay out of the road:eek: so someone dont get hurt, I think Ill mention this at our meeting this week,like you said this can make or break a rider......So should I be drinking aton of weater the night before the race or the morning of?? Or both? I do drink alot but I know beiong plenty hydrated is good and whatssomething good to a meal before a race for energy?

Ryan
09-04-2003, 09:02 AM
Hey Quadjunkies, do you have any plans for trying out XC :D ?

sylvan56473
09-04-2003, 09:17 AM
Some of the best foods that you can eat are: BANANNAS!!! The night before you can eat things like pizza, pastas, lasagnas and other foods along those lines. Just stay away from greasy foods. It is a good idea to stay consistent with the foods you normally eat everyday. I normally will eat a sub or a sandwich before the races. The last thing that you want during a race is an upset stomach........ or worse. As far as drinking water, I usually drink a sport drink like gatorade, I tried Powerade the last time and it worked great (tasted horrible) but worked great. Before you go up to the line for the race you will want to drink some water because the sport drinks seem to leave your throat a little.....slimey, is the best word I can think of. The water will help clear your throat to breath easier. Another thing I recommend is the Scott's No Fog cloth. Your local dealer should sell them for about $2. This is one of the best investments that money can buy. Good Luck and Hope you have a great race and have a ton of fun. :)

ex kid
09-04-2003, 10:37 AM
duct tape the throttle open and dont start your braking until ur like man this is way to fast.

AtvMxRider
09-04-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
So should I be drinking aton of weater the night before the race or the morning of??

I don't know about weater but water would be good.........;) :D

MxDale71
09-04-2003, 06:11 PM
sylvan56473 had some good tips about breathing, but the problem w/ walkin the track before practice is that you don't necessarly know what the best lines are until the track has been ridden on. I dunno, maybe thats more of a bike thing since we use the ruts and all, but I work on pickin and trying out different lines during practice before the race.

Also, I hate walking tracks. Whether it be before a race or before practice or just for the he11 of it. THAT IS JUST A PERSONAL THING (So nobody getted mad at me and say I don't know what I'm talking about). A big part of racing is mental and if there is a jump that I"m not doing yet, I don't want to walk the track because the jumps look a lot bigger when you're walking them then they do when your on your bike or quad. I just don't want to get intimidated. If I'm already doing the jump, than I'll walk over those jumps but thats it. Like I said... thats just a personal thing for me. You gotta be mentally confident and not walkin the track is just one of the things that helps me. It might help some people more to walk the track though.

Also, drink lots of water. On a full day of practice I'll probably drink 2 gallons of water (and take a few trips to the porta potty). But I also go out there w/ the Big Bike advanced and Big Bike beginners for practice, and there's usually about 5 practice rounds. So for me that would be 10 practice rounds, about 15-20 minutes each time out on a 1.5-2 mile track that is really rough and whooped out. I'm using Village Creeks day track as an example. That gets pretty draining here in the middle of a Texas summer. But either way, drink a lot of water and eat good too. You might not need to drink as much water for a race since you don't really ride as much in a race like you do in practice, but stay plenty hydrated. Just don't fill up so much on water that you feel like you're gonna puke. That's usually from drinking too fast though.

QuadJunkies
09-04-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by ex kid
duct tape the throttle open and dont start your braking until ur like man this is way to fast. :eek: :eek2: LOL.your kidding..........Right????????:o

QuadJunkies
09-04-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
I don't know about weater but water would be good.........;) :D smarty pants......:o :p Well, I may be racing the 400ex for sure now....Just fond out today the Predator has two cracks in the frame and a bent steering stem:mad: Pretty sure Polaris is going to give me us another one so no worries there I guess Troy will beat me to some PC after all on his frame since it will be torn down:grr:

Natertot426ex
09-05-2003, 01:36 AM
Geez Tina you guys sure have a lot of trouble with that thing.

QuadJunkies
09-05-2003, 03:34 AM
Geez Tina you guys sure have a lot of trouble with that thing. Actually, we havent had that much go wrong, a few small things like bolts ect. no biggie,but the frame is a big issue .All the cracks have been in the same spot on almost EVERY frame that cracked. Im doing alot of reading up and follow ups on Predaotr owners and so far alomost ALL( aside of a few racers and broke theres in half) :eek2: ) got theres replaced from Polaris. My only gripe is that they STILL havent made a change in the frame from my understanding knowing this issue,sO Im sending a letter to Polaris for what its worth:rolleyes: and several copies of other forums who have had this issue and there overall experience with it. If I gusset, they will void my warrenty too,unless Polaris specifies to do so, who knows I hope to find out soon, Troys MX seasopn may have stopped beofre it even started and he races next week.:( Back orders on the frame last I read.I guess we will see, I do knowwhen the frame comes Im going to have it PC before they put it on My dealer is looking for a good local shop to have it done.Troys not too concerned,he loves the Predator and havent had too many things really go wrong for a first edition quad, lets just hope Polaris stands up to it and takes care of the issue.....:)

seven
09-05-2003, 08:20 PM
I assume you are racing at pleasant valley? Breath and be one with the quad grasshopper. You hold your breath over jumps and when you are nervous you will hold on to the handle bars to hard and wear yourself out. Look at the track as a series of small jumps weather you get air or not. Every bump has a take of and landing or a place to set your front wheels down if that makes any sense to you. You want to flow with it. Its hard to get down at first but once you do you can go twice as fast and use half the energy.

QuadJunkies
09-06-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by seven
I assume you are racing at pleasant valley? Breath and be one with the quad grasshopper. You hold your breath over jumps and when you are nervous you will hold on to the handle bars to hard and wear yourself out. Look at the track as a series of small jumps weather you get air or not. Every bump has a take of and landing or a place to set your front wheels down if that makes any sense to you. You want to flow with it. Its hard to get down at first but once you do you can go twice as fast and use half the energy. Yes, its at Pleasant Valley. I may try and get a quick ride in tomorrow night to see how the trac kis and maybe see how all the other gals ride as well if we make it home from Weiser in time......;)

linkcmd88
09-09-2003, 03:39 PM
QJ how did you do at your race

QuadJunkies
09-09-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by linkcmd88
QJ how did you do at your race its not until the 19th and 20th;) Im kinda bummed:( the girls have a practic on Thrs and I have to work:grr: But Troys gonna take out the Cam for the practice and tape so Ill know what Im up against...:o :p :D

batgeek
09-10-2003, 12:26 AM
cant speak for ATV MX but i raced bike MX. everyone gave you great advice, not much for me to add except:

GOOD LUCK AND GO FAST QJ!!!

oh wait...try to watch as many of the motos before yours. you'll be able to see where the good passing lanes are, how the track is changing, etc...

especially watch for other riders that have your similar riding style, you can learn ALOT from watching other riders.

QuadJunkies
09-10-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by batgeek
cant speak for ATV MX but i raced bike MX. everyone gave you great advice, not much for me to add except:

GOOD LUCK AND GO FAST QJ!!!

oh wait...try to watch as many of the motos before yours. you'll be able to see where the good passing lanes are, how the track is changing, etc...

especially watch for other riders that have your similar riding style, you can learn ALOT from watching other riders. Thats why Troys taping the practice so I can get a better idea. I know at least one girl is going to clean our clocks:eek: she really good and fast on her R....:ermm: Ill hopefully pick up some weak points and learn abit from it before next week:) But most of all.Im out to have fun;)

QuadJunkies
09-12-2003, 12:08 AM
Well.....I got some rather upsetting news tonight. The girls had ther first practice for the MX..........................To find out ther ISNT going to be a womens class MX!!!!!!:mad: :grr: The girls dont want to do it.( wussies:rolleyes: )They are going to FLAG instead:huh :confused2 Im like WTF!!!!!!!I guess each to there own, but I have this on my mind for w a few weeks now... And from the looks of the Camcorder( Troy took footage of them for me cause I had to work) I would have probably done really well too.... one other gal is pretty ticked off too(she wanted to race also) SO........... Maybe Ill hang with the big boys and see if she wants to also:blah: :macho . I really want to do this MX. Im headed to the track to give it a some practice tomorrow since Ive never been on it before.....SO..You think I should nut it up and go for it???????:D

86350x
09-12-2003, 01:32 AM
Yes, most people (including me) just want to go out and do there first race without getting lapped, or hurt.

Don't be affraid to talk to other competitors about what lines are good, and what gear there doing certain sections in either. Local motocross is for fun, and bragging rights for some. Not everyone is out for blood, wich was the message I was getting from some other replies. If you get your pick of the gate, go as far inside as possible, you'll avoid an outside pile up, and should almost garauntee yourself not getting a last place start. It's been so long since I raced one, I kinda miss it. Never raced mx on 4 wheels (other then play stuff with friends) just bikes and snowmobiles. (Snowmobile tracks didn't have much for jumps in the early 90's)

Good luck and have fun.

Natertot426ex
09-12-2003, 07:05 AM
Hey tina that really sucks that the other girls wussed out. I am trying to be there for it. Do you know of anyone that has an extra set of turf tammers that I could borrow and try out? My razrs are too grippy for MX. I tryed to get Rob to come but he said he would rather watch.

seven
09-12-2003, 07:30 AM
Unless you just have to win I would say race were you can. I have come to the races just wanting to ride and stayed in the back playing around! Dont make the race thing to seriously or it becomes a job. Thats why I originally took a break from racing seen, It was no fun any more. So if you want to race and no women to race with go were you can! Nate, You can use a set of my tamers and rims if you want. They are at about half life though so they dont have the most traction but you can use them.

Jennys440'Dale
09-12-2003, 07:49 AM
Go for it Tina! Let the boys know how well you can hang with them! Those girls wouldn't have been challenging enough for you anyways. ;)

Let me know how it all goes!

Natertot426ex
09-12-2003, 07:53 AM
Thanks Paul. It is worth a shot. The last time I rode that track my razrs didn't allow me to slide at all. I am thinking at the beginning of next year maybe buying some more stuff. Tax time is a good time for me. I don't have anything to pay off this year so I can maybe get some more stuff that I have wanted!!

dirtmomma
09-12-2003, 09:03 AM
Well thats a bummer Tina!!! If I lived closer I'd come race w/ ya even know you'd probably smoke me hehehe, Well if I was you I would watch the guys on practice & see how they ride (I hate riding w/ the young crazies) then get out there w/ them too have some FUN!!!!! Tell them women out there TO GET SOME BALLS!!!!! well have fun & just think flattrack season is just around the corner:D :D :cool: :cool:

400grl
09-12-2003, 09:08 AM
C'mon Tina!!! I've never raced with girls!!! The guys are great competition, and if you are like me, you hate getting beat - so it just makes you much faster in the long run (I got beat a lot when I started racing!)!!! They won't *****foot around you, but they won't be out to run you over, either! And guys are much easier to distract! ;) :D jp!

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! :macho

QuadJunkies
09-12-2003, 09:57 AM
Hey tina that really sucks that the other girls wussed out. I am trying to be there for it. Do you know of anyone that has an extra set of turf tammers that I could borrow and try out? My razrs are too grippy for MX. I tryed to get Rob to come but he said he would rather watch. That would be cool !!!! I think Troy will race too,heck. Ill prol race right along side of him....hahah until he laps me that is.....:o Im not going to win or even expect and good placing the first few races,just because this is all so new to me, Donna Gil is the outher rider who wants to possibly race.Would be cool to have at least one other girl nut it up:) So Nate and Paul........You gonna come watch the Flattrack next Fri. Im waiting for a new bearing Troy Ordered yesterday then Im ready .....:macho :D Nate, if your up for a Prcatice day, Ill be at Pleasant Valley tonight at 5pm and tomorrow as well..

QuadJunkies
09-12-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
well have fun & just think flattrack season is just around the corner:D :D :cool: :cool: [/B] I cant wait!!! Time is draggin sooooooooooo slow!:grr:

Mindi51982
09-12-2003, 11:05 AM
Tina....I'm glad to see that more girls are getting in to MX racing and taking it seriously. I'm sick of seeing girls sport FX and Thor gear but don't know what MX is or what it involves. I'm starting to train myself and get ready for upcoming races but I'm not sure if I will be ready. It's definately a good time and I, to, have lots to learn about MX racing. :D

Natertot426ex
09-12-2003, 11:44 AM
I would like to come but have plans for the next couple days. You guys aren't by chance going to go out this next week are ya? Or if any of the other guys are going.

QuadJunkies
09-12-2003, 01:50 PM
I would like to come but have plans for the next couple days. You guys aren't by chance going to go out this next week are ya? Or if any of the other guys are going. A whole mess of guys guys were out at the track ;last night, Shane ,Troy and I will be out tomorrow.Im gonna see if Donna wants to go tomorrow too......

QuadJunkies
09-12-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Mindi51982
Tina....I'm glad to see that more girls are getting in to MX racing and taking it seriously. I'm sick of seeing girls sport FX and Thor gear but don't know what MX is or what it involves. I'm starting to train myself and get ready for upcoming races but I'm not sure if I will be ready. It's definately a good time and I, to, have lots to learn about MX racing. :D Hey .I C your new to exriders...WELCOME!!!!! Good to see another lady on the forum:macho My heart is still for the flattrack, but who knows..maybe Ill have it for MX too......

AtvMxRider
09-12-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Good to see another lady on the forum:macho

Yes it is...........:devil: :D

Natertot426ex
09-12-2003, 02:07 PM
Well let me know if they go out next thursday. I will probably go then. what time are you guys going tomarrow?

QuadJunkies
09-12-2003, 02:12 PM
Well let me know if they go out next thursday. I will probably go then. what time are you guys going tomarrow? Prol around 1pm. We have to do put in time at OMC for the races tonight and tomrorow morning.Give me a buzz if you would like to go.......:)

Natertot426ex
09-12-2003, 02:14 PM
Well if you were going tomarrow morning I could probably go but tomarrow afternoon me and the mrs are going to take pictures for our invitations. Just let me now on next thursday.

insaneracin2003
09-12-2003, 08:00 PM
My 1st race on my 400ex was a week ago,it was only my 2nd time everon my quad.what i can tell from my 1st race is to be relaxed.my 1st moto i was tense and nervous,and i tired real quick.my 2nd moto i relaxed alot more and turned
7 sec lap times better and didnt even get too tired.well good luck and let us know how ya did.
laterzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

QuadJunkies
09-13-2003, 08:45 PM
well, I went out today and rode the track for the fist time. No speed records but I had a good time. Troy and SEVEN took a few pics from today, I took a TON of Troy, but NONE of them turned out:mad: (camera on the fritz) anyhow. All I know is that I HATE whoops and some of the lips on the jumps were too aggresive and else you clear them, or roll them real slow, no real in between. There is a few nice tabletops, one in particular I REALLY started to like:D .This will be a good jump for me to practice on.Now I know why Troy always says he is sore after riding the track every inch of me hurts!!LOL Ithink over time this track will do me just fine,I just need alot of Practice. I would like to take the Predator out next time.....:cool: Im really debating on the race Sat. More than likely Troy and I would be in the same class he stresset last year when we ran together, it effected his racing worrying about me out there,so......... I may not race after all if the girls dont n
nutup(whichI know they wont):( So.,maybe Ill just do my falttrack on Fri and go cheer him on for Sat MX....and hopefully Ill be ready for the next one......heres a few pics from today..... this pic is just a shot of the track...http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p18899df7cd4d468d5f2a5838380385a4/fb195282.jpg

QuadJunkies
09-13-2003, 08:47 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/pa7e473798caf2a66bc88936d28e8138d/fb1952ea.jpg

QuadJunkies
09-13-2003, 08:47 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p4df33dab7c286ca167e3277080c86998/fb195324.jpg

QuadJunkies
09-13-2003, 08:49 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p83a19005458184c594a6bb1ee774b3ba/fb195337.jpg

QuadJunkies
09-13-2003, 08:55 PM
:o http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p328e9f82314fd64e7304dba89cc1c990/fb195266.jpg

QuadJunkies
09-13-2003, 08:56 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p26e20252d0ea9bd6c878eeb7f15111dd/fb195298.jpg

QuadJunkies
09-13-2003, 08:56 PM
:p http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p206d3e4e6239cd6dfbcbb70b5963c588/fb1952b1.jpg

QuadJunkies
09-13-2003, 08:58 PM
....:macho http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p2f8acfa53f83dcda17dd7b9748d65bf5/fb1952c6.jpg

QuadJunkies
09-13-2003, 08:58 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p5f9989d91aee6e5c02fdd18b5570af46/fb1952d5.jpg

QuadJunkies
09-13-2003, 08:59 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p7f04ac8b145c72d77b6697a5cd6336d9/fb1952fd.jpg

QuadJunkies
09-13-2003, 09:30 PM
Heres a few more......:) http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/pa604b3321a38f5c46f59295998c31405/fb193b68.jpg

QuadJunkies
09-13-2003, 09:32 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p4efef8bdf362b2c49b8e1f0f514a503f/fb193c62.jpg

QuadJunkies
09-13-2003, 09:32 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p4efef8bdf362b2c49b8e1f0f514a503f/fb193c62.jpg

QuadJunkies
09-13-2003, 09:34 PM
oops....:o This is a 95 ft step up:eek: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/pd7141c1707f1a260d231d5fe6d306e70/fb193c2f.jpg

QuadJunkies
09-13-2003, 09:36 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p802fc12ea96d860b7e9ea588ed6c89b7/fb193c13.jpg me headed to the whoops section....grrr Whoops suck.:mad: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p7ade9c5ab68ce7df2dd1fd35f1ea395d/fb193bf7.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/pbb4f98e2e83134e1bf886313849ce0d0/fb193bb6.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/pa9f65ee00d735aa5128468bd76574184/fb193b9c.jpg

Mindi51982
09-14-2003, 07:38 AM
Wow, Tina, great job! Looks like a lot of fun! I can't wait until my race...i just need to practice jumping. Looks like you got some major air a few times, way to go! :macho

dirtmomma
09-14-2003, 10:40 AM
Nice pics girl!!! You look good out there, that track looks agressive!! They let you guys(quads) out there w/ bikes @ the same time????:eek: Is this the same track you were/are going to race on?? Keep it up & have fun!!:D :cool:

QuadJunkies
09-14-2003, 12:33 PM
Nice pics girl!!! You look good out there, that track looks agressive!! They let you guys(quads) out there w/ bikes @ the same time????:eek: Is this the same track you were/are going to race on?? Keep it up & have fun!!:D :cool: They dont allow during racing ,but on everday riding yes....they mix all bikes and quads.....;) And Yes, this is the track and my first day on it....:D

AtvMxRider
09-14-2003, 07:28 PM
You Look good out there Momma......;) :D

QuadJunkies
09-19-2003, 12:01 AM
well, tomorrow is the day!!!!!!:macho My quad is readyand Im on an adrenaline rush from he!!:o I talked to the others today andthey are as nervous as I am. One thing Im content with is.... Im the ONLY one somewhat set up for racing. Ill post some pics when its over and of the MX on Sat in another thread......Thanks for all your support;)

86350x
09-19-2003, 12:29 AM
Don't be nervous, have fun and good luck:)

Natertot426ex
09-19-2003, 06:51 AM
What time are you guys heading out tomarrow Tina?

insaneracin2003
09-19-2003, 07:24 AM
hey good luck,have fun and run them over if they get in your way:D let us know how ya do.
I have my 2nd race sunday in Splendora,Tx. very nice track,if i can learn how to use my digital cam,ill take some pics and send them that way.well have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QuadJunkies
09-19-2003, 08:00 AM
What time are you guys heading out tomarrow Tina? Ill leave my place at around 430 Reigstering is at 5pm practice at 6 and race at 7.Did you go out to Pleasant Valley last night? Im taking my quad tomorrow to the MX......just in case I decide to enter the Race:D If not, then maybe get to practice for a bit after the races........:)

QuadJunkies
09-19-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
hey good luck,have fun and run them over if they get in your way:D let us know how ya do.
I have my 2nd race sunday in Splendora,Tx. very nice track,if i can learn how to use my digital cam,ill take some pics and send them that way.well have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! should Def take some pics!!! I would love rto see them.......:macho

Natertot426ex
09-19-2003, 08:05 AM
I did go last night. We rode out in the desert nest to the track. Then We stoped by and Talked to Lance for a while. I don't know If I will make it tonight but I will be there tomarrow. What time are you guys going out tomarrow Morning? Oh ya lance piled up the CRF last night. He said he may not race tonight or tomarrow.

QuadJunkies
09-19-2003, 08:07 AM
I did go last night. We rode out in the desert nest to the track. Then We stoped by and Talked to Lance for a while. I don't know If I will make it tonight but I will be there tomarrow. What time are you guys going out tomarrow Morning? Oh ya lance piled up the CRF last night. He said he may not race tonight or tomarrow. No WAY!!!!!!!!:eek: What happened??????:huh He was just saying not too long ago how he has never wrecked before.....IS he Ok? Where did you see him at?? WEll, I hope he at least makes it out to give some support for the ladies.......:ermm:

QuadJunkies
09-19-2003, 08:08 AM
Oh I forgot......Register at 8, pratcie at 9 and race at 10 if I remember correct....;) We have our MX schedule heres the website....http://www.pleasantvalleycyclepark.com/AboutPVCP.asp I dont know if the Web is updated, but they have brochures at Jacksons stores with all the upcoming races and the New TT track coming soon.......:blah:

Natertot426ex
09-19-2003, 08:12 AM
he piled it up on the woops hard. He twisted his knee. I guess tomarrow they are going to run us after the bikes from what they said last night.

QuadJunkies
09-19-2003, 08:13 AM
he piled it up on the woops hard. He twisted his knee. I guess tomarrow they are going to run us after the bikes from what they said last night. Are you going to run Pro class?? WEll, Shane isnt coming either..:confused2 have you heard who all is going to make it tomorrow? Its not sounding like a very good turn out for EITHER race......:ermm:

Natertot426ex
09-19-2003, 08:19 AM
I probably won't run with the pros. They are better than I am and I don't think I would have a chance.

QuadJunkies
09-19-2003, 08:23 AM
I probably won't run with the pros. They are better than I am and I don't think I would have a chance. are you kidding......You would do Awesome! Your better than avergae rider, haha dont sound like we are going to have a Pro class anyhow,If no Lance, Pat or(crap I cant remember his name guy from Twin:o ) They tried to get TRoy to run PRo class last race, hes not ready to step up yet, but they accused him of sandbaggin last time and told him if he keeps racing like he diid last time, he will have to.Your as good if not Better than Troy you two should run Pro later this season:blah: :macho

Natertot426ex
09-19-2003, 08:28 AM
If I rode more than I do I could do it. I also might be buying some shocks off of lances 440. He is going to sell all three for 700 bucks. A guy wants it but he doesn't have a whole lot of money so lance is going to put all the stock stuff back on it. I might even trade him the subframe for mine with some cash. I also need to sell my shocks to pay for the new ones. I will find out tomarrow if it is all going to work out that way.

QuadJunkies
09-19-2003, 08:31 AM
If I rode more than I do I could do it. I also might be buying some shocks off of lances 440. He is going to sell all three for 700 bucks. A guy wants it but he doesn't have a whole lot of money so lance is going to put all the stock stuff back on it. I might even trade him the subframe for mine with some cash. I also need to sell my shocks to pay for the new ones. I will find out tomarrow if it is all going to work out that way. sweet!! Troy has been eyballin some shocks for me as well(it will be while before I can afford it though unless sponsor comes through) Whats he got on the 440? Do you know Craig??? I was wondering if he was going to race tomorrow the Raptor.

Natertot426ex
09-19-2003, 08:40 AM
I don't know him. he has a-arms swing arm axle steering stabilzer and nerfs and some other things. I have some bad news. I may not be able to ride now sat. I had a little accident here at work a few minutes ago. It could be putting me out for good. J/K :D :D Ha Ha my chair just bucked me off and I hit the floor and the leg jamed me in the calf. I am ok though!!!

seven
09-19-2003, 08:44 AM
Craig wont be there tomorow becouse he has no shocks for his raptor. Unless he can borrow shanes that is.

QuadJunkies
09-19-2003, 08:49 AM
Craig wont be there tomorow becouse he has no shocks for his raptor. Unless he can borrow shanes that is. I thgink Shane is going to St. A's this wk end or Dave(shanes Brother) is going and is borrowing his quad I think. I totally forgot about the shock thing......

QuadJunkies
09-19-2003, 08:50 AM
I don't know him. he has a-arms swing arm axle steering stabilzer and nerfs and some other things. I have some bad news. I may not be able to ride now sat. I had a little accident here at work a few minutes ago. It could be putting me out for good. J/K :D :D Ha Ha my chair just bucked me off and I hit the floor and the leg jamed me in the calf. I am ok though!!! LOL.... :p

QuadJunkies
09-19-2003, 08:52 AM
BTW..... SEVEN, thanks for taking the time the last few days to help Troy get my quad ready for tonight......;) Well, Im off to shine it up and cut my fenders a little bit more...:D

dirtmomma
09-19-2003, 09:25 AM
Sooo tina is this the flattrack or MX??? I just found out our rough scrambles/mx start up 1st week in Oct. but doubt I'll be goign to them think I'll stick to flattrack this winter till it's over(Jan) so I don't have to keep setting it up & down for the different tracks. Yeah don't let the adrenaline get the best of you LOL man I usually come off the track w/ cotton mouth soooo bad & shaking I can't even talk the first few races hell probably all of them this year LOL. Getting ready to tear my quad apart this weekend:cool:
Went out to my inlaws the other day & they have built a flattrrack in the pasture, heck they went & used some machinery & everything, it's goignt o be a nice little track when they are done, it's a littl;e smaller than the one we run in winter but at least it's somewhere to practice for FREE!!! Dad's hauling in some more dirt to smooth it out good then we'll be packing bums me out our flattrackers are both being tore apart so guess I'll hve to borrow the nephews 250R to practice w/:devil: hehehe WELL GOOD LUCK GIRLIE & GO OUT & HAVE FUN & kick some *** too hehehehe:D :D :devil:

400grl
09-19-2003, 09:52 AM
Just remember when you are out there and your arms are getting tired and the racing is hot and heavy....it's way better to finish than to push yourself too far and crash. This has gotten me quite a ways in my last series.......finishing 2nd or 3rd is better than not finishing!!! :) Have fun!!! Be safe!!! You will do awesome!!! :)

QuadJunkies
09-19-2003, 10:38 AM
Sooo tina is this the flattrack or MX??? I just found out our rough scrambles/mx start up 1st week in Oct. but doubt I'll be goign to them think I'll stick to flattrack this winter till it's over(Jan) so I don't have to keep setting it up & down for the different tracks. Yeah don't let the adrenaline get the best of you LOL man I usually come off the track w/ cotton mouth soooo bad & shaking I can't even talk the first few races hell probably all of them this year LOL. Getting ready to tear my quad apart this weekend:cool:
Went out to my inlaws the other day & they have built a flattrrack in the pasture, heck they went & used some machinery & everything, it's goignt o be a nice little track when they are done, it's a littl;e smaller than the one we run in winter but at least it's somewhere to practice for FREE!!! Dad's hauling in some more dirt to smooth it out good then we'll be packing bums me out our flattrackers are both being tore apart so guess I'll hve to borrow the nephews 250R to practice w/:devil: hehehe WELL GOOD LUCK GIRLIE & GO OUT & HAVE FUN & kick some *** too hehehehe:D :D :devil: YOU LUCKY GIRL!!!:eek2: I know of someone that had a flattrack in his back year,d but last I heard ,it was flooded:o .......Kym, tongiht is the flattrack race with all the ladies..... I thinjk Im all jittered out, I was alot last night, but suprisingly enough, todfay Im really alot ,pre mellow than I thought I would be...........that is.until we line up.:p hahaha.

QuadJunkies
09-19-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
Just remember when you are out there and your arms are getting tired and the racing is hot and heavy....it's way better to finish than to push yourself too far and crash. This has gotten me quite a ways in my last series.......finishing 2nd or 3rd is better than not finishing!!! :) Have fun!!! Be safe!!! You will do awesome!!! :) Thanks Cory,;) one good thing about this wk end is we finally got a break in the hot weather so tonight shold be nice and cool(maybe too cool) and same for tomorrow, so my quad should have a bit more snap too.....:macho

wilkin250r
09-19-2003, 11:10 AM
If you still have the chance to race MX with the guys, I suggest you try it. It will give you a taste of the next level. You may not get on the podium, but you WILL learn a lot, and it will certianly make you more competitive in the women's class.

seven
09-19-2003, 11:56 AM
I just talked to Craig and he said both lance and him are going to show up tonight!

QuadJunkies
09-19-2003, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by seven
I just talked to Craig and he said both lance and him are going to show up tonight! [/QUOTEsweet!!!!:blah: To race ??"Is Lance ok????

seven
09-19-2003, 12:23 PM
Yes, I have to run over to craigs and give him his shocks, He is going to run them bent.

QuadJunkies
09-19-2003, 12:39 PM
Yes, I have to run over to craigs and give him his shocks, He is going to run them bent. :eek2: you serious?>??? I always thought Cragi was a nut ball(and hard on axles from what Ive heardhehe).....but now this comfirms it....:o :p Way cool....there will be some good photos tonight.!!:macho

insaneracin2003
09-12-2006, 11:58 AM
hahaha,Hey QJ,where are the photos you promised us 3years ago?? times have changed since this post thread was made. brought up some great memories.

QuadJunkies
12-29-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
hahaha,Hey QJ,where are the photos you promised us 3years ago?? times have changed since this post thread was made. brought up some great memories.
:eek:

Oh boy have they ever!!LOL!

I had great times racing :)