PDA

View Full Version : Clutch HELP!!!

pineway
09-02-2003, 05:24 AM
I got my new clutch deliverd today and i went to put it in. I took the case off and the lifter plate and springs off. But, the bolt that holds the plates and all that stuff in, is dented on, so if you turn it, the bolt wont come off. The manuel said to get a die grinder?? What is a die grinder? is there another way to get this off? Thanks for any help.

pineway
09-02-2003, 06:03 AM
bump

300exOH
09-02-2003, 06:13 AM
A die grinder is an air tool like a mini angle grinder. You may be able to use a Dremel(sp) or other small handheld rotory grinder. Maybe even a drill with a grinding wheel. Good luck!

09-02-2003, 08:09 AM
its called a stake.....my manual sais to take a screw driver and pry it up..well i got ip up about half way and couldnt get it too budge no more..so i just impacted it off and it worked fine...

pineway
09-02-2003, 02:20 PM
thanks.

ok, now i got that done with, when i turn the bolt to loosen it, the whole thing urns, what did u guys use to hold it in place?

09-02-2003, 02:21 PM
center tool

UglyMotha™
09-02-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by pineway
thanks.

ok, now i got that done with, when i turn the bolt to loosen it, the whole thing urns, what did u guys use to hold it in place?

you can use a impact those will break it loose 9 times outta 10 if you still can't get it i've used strap wrenches successfully

bayou boy
09-02-2003, 02:38 PM
If you don't have a center tool or an impact..place a penny between the gears...I read that in a post a while back and tried it when I changed my clutch....it worked like a charm

UglyMotha™
09-02-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by bayou boy
If you don't have a center tool or an impact..place a penny between the gears...I read that in a post a while back and tried it when I changed my clutch....it worked like a charm

i've done that also, very method;)