PDA

View Full Version : Wrecked the 2500hd this morning...

mrusk
09-02-2003, 04:04 AM
This morning it was raining pretty hard. I was in my 03 2500hd driving to work at the kawi dealership. I was on a road that had uphill sweeping turn. I went through the turn, then after that the truck starts fish tailing. I mean real bad. I did not know what to do. I couldnt get it to strighing out and next thing i know i am in the field. Being in the field is no proablem except that there is a pretty steep embankment off the road. And with all the rain i could not get myself back on the road. In 4wheel low i was just spinning. So i had to call the tow truck. It ran me 25 bucks to get winched out. That was a good deal i thought considering it took around 25 minutes. Because my truck was in on a angle, the rear wheels on the slope, as we pulled the truck would slide down the embankment. Luckly we got it out. The gray peice off plastic that goes under the bumper is screwed up. The bumper also looks kind of tweeked. The gap on one side between the bumper and headlight is more than the other. Also, it looks like there is some mositure in two of my head lights because they are fogged up on the inside.

I learned a valuable lesons. In slippery conditions you have to go much slower. The speed limit on that road is 45. I was going 40. The tow truck guy said he pulls around 1 person a week out of that ditch and that i shouldnt feel bad and that their is just alot of oil on the road. I am just happy i didnt hit a phone pole or someone else.

I was scared ****less when it started fish tailing.

Hopefully it will only cost acouple hundred to fit the bumper.

I am still pretty shook up.

matt

QuadTrix6
09-02-2003, 04:45 AM
yea rain can be tricky, its easy to get up in speed but stopping is where things can go very wrong, good thing your ok man sorry to hear about your truck

JTRtrx250r
09-02-2003, 04:58 AM
glad ya wern't hurt man,the news was showing abuncha ppl spining-out on the hi-way this morning,theres lotsa oil on the roadways so be mello ppl;)

09-02-2003, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by mrusk

I learned a valuable lesons. In slippery conditions you have to go much slower. The speed limit on that road is 45. I was going 40. The tow truck guy said he pulls around 1 person a week out of that ditch and that i shouldnt feel bad and that their is just alot of oil on the road. I am just happy i didnt hit a phone pole or someone else.

You'd think with just a little common sense, you could have saved yourself some money.

Guess not...

Chanman420q
09-02-2003, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by rubber ducky
You'd think with just a little common sense, you could have saved yourself some money.

Guess not...

with ur common sence ud think ur gunna get banned if u keep posts up like this. :eek:

09-02-2003, 05:37 AM
With common sense. You would realize i have been banned about 7 times or so now!

Giz400ex
09-02-2003, 05:41 AM

Guess not... Thats a terrible thing to say now:grr: Say your sorry:D

09-02-2003, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Giz400ex
Thats a terrible thing to say now:grr: Say your sorry:D

you're, not your.

Giz400ex
09-02-2003, 05:59 AM
Well..........Well....we got a English major everybody!!!:D Now, say YOU'RE sorry!

09-02-2003, 06:03 AM
only a complete idiot cannot tell the what "your" [you're] should be used in a situation.

Ryan
09-02-2003, 06:08 AM
only a complete idiot cannot tell the what "your" [you're] should be used in a situation.

Im sure he knows actually how to write out the word. But some people type differently to save time.

And I'd think if you had a little common sense, you wouldn't be making these useless posts and get yourself banned for the 8th time.

And rubberduckey, capitalize the first letter of a new sentence. If you didn't know.

RIjon
09-02-2003, 06:10 AM
Take your Truck and Find a Large Parking Lot ..Prefferably in the Rain again

And Start pushing it , Turning, Braking , drifting

You will quickly learn what the truck is going to do and how to Counter act it

This is also a great way to learn to drive in the snow

Glad you are ok ....Vehicles can be Repaired

Giz400ex
09-02-2003, 06:11 AM
I believe that would be "which" you're not "what" you're. I guess your expertise is limited also. WELCOME TO THE IDIOT CLUB:D

guedo
09-02-2003, 06:51 AM
Glad you came out of it clean.

My wife wrecked my 2500HD 1 week ago. My wife and son are OK thank god, but the truck will be needing a bumper, fender, control arms, fender flair and a tire. All this crapola for a 5-10mph tussle with a 3' pole.:ermm:

GOMER007
09-02-2003, 06:54 AM
I think we shlould give rubber ducky thew rubber boot:eek:

Adam202
09-02-2003, 07:16 AM
sorry to hear about your truck, people dont realize how easy it is to crash, ive had my license for a year now and i havent been pulled over and havent crashed. but ive seen how easy it can happen.
BTW rubber ducky should be banned even tho it seems to be useless :ermm:

mrusk
09-02-2003, 08:52 AM
After going over the truck it just looks like the bumper is tweaked alittle. I am sure the guy can fix it with a big hammer. I just went down the road with my mom and i still can not belive i lost control of the truck there. I am trying not to dwell on it. Its only a truck. Heck unless you look closely you can't even tell their is anything wrong. I'll tell you one thing, i will be 10x more careful driving now, and i was careful to being with. I am defintly going to take the truck to a big empty parking lot one day in the rain to learn how it reacts. I will be honest, i had no idea what to do when it started fish tailing. It was going to the left so i turned the wheel right, and next thing i know i am in a ditch. Everything happened so fast.

matt

Adam202
09-02-2003, 08:59 AM
hey crap happens, at least your taking it serisouly and changing the way your driving [altho it can happen to anybody]. some people never learn till they end up getting killed. theres not much you can do when you lose control in the rain, your behind the wheel of something weighing 2 tons its really hard to stop.

mrusk
09-02-2003, 01:41 PM
I always drove safe, but i guess when your driving a 5000lbs truck you can ever be to safe.

I am hoping its just the bumper and not a bent frame. The truck drives stright and everything. The bottom gray plastic bumper is the only thing with visual damage. The chrome bumper is higher on one side then the other. No dents in it or anything. From what it looks like i think the bumper just got hung up on something was i was trying to get out/when they pulled me out.

It goes to the autobody on saturday. Hes a friend of the frame and i'll get the parts for his cost. What does a bumper go for?

matt

crazybuffalo
09-02-2003, 03:42 PM
hey it could have been worse, like when my cousin rolled his truck in MY FRONT YARD. he was doin about 70 in the rain as i recall or was it fog, anyway he demolished the truck.it rolled like 3 times and then ripped off half of this tree in the yard.

09-04-2003, 12:25 PM
so how was the tree? the sierra club should feinately here about this one...that tree would of been fine if a quad hit it.....nah, but how was your friend? did he have insurance?:confused:

CowsBitePeople
09-04-2003, 02:13 PM
where was this at??and you never tell me where ur from lol in sussex do i know you??

Glow Plug
09-04-2003, 02:21 PM
glad to hear your alright and your trucks not to to bad, but I would for sure learn how to drive in the rain but glad your alright :)