PDA

View Full Version : white brothers R-4

ny300exrider
09-02-2003, 02:25 AM
well my 300 is for sale and i might have a buyer for it so if i do sell it i will be getting a 400ex. there are plenty cheap ones around here so im going to start planning some minor mods to do if i buy a stock one. im going to get bumper, nerfs, bars, ect. after that stuff im going to buy a pipe. i was wondering for whoever has the r-4 pipe, how do you like it and would you recomend it. a guy i used to ride with had one and whenever he was coming down the road in the snow, you cold tell it was him from the sweet sound it gives off. how is the power and stuff and have you had any problems with it. my choice is between the r-4, lrd ,or something else if you change my mind. thanks

mx400
09-02-2003, 03:43 AM
i have the R-4 and i love it. it has extremely good power gains over stock. i love the difference and the low end punch it gives me. it sounds extremely great. the only other pipe i would give mine up for would be a Sparks X-6. but i would still have to think long and hard about it. i prefer the R-4 over the Yoshi and T-4 exhausts 100-1. i jsut love it

UglyMotha™
09-02-2003, 04:38 AM
i would recomend the r-4 any day of the week

Juggalo
09-02-2003, 07:53 AM
i have the r-4. its a pretty good pipe. pipes don't really vary enough to really matter as far as power goes. almost everything is good. i like mine, it made it much snappier. a lot better throttle response. its real loud but it sounds ok. i have a stage 2 cam in my EX and it makes the pipe sound a lot better. my friend also has an r-4 on his stock motor and while his sounds ok the cam just makes the sound real nice. i definatley reccomend the pipe.

09-02-2003, 08:16 AM
Although the r-4 is a good pipe id reccomend u look at hmf. That will save u a few pennies and be just as good or better than the r-4.

ny300exrider
09-02-2003, 08:28 AM
im goin with lrd;) thanks for the help